NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Originally Posted by JosephSKC

Wow just typed out a whole comment on a comparison I need and NT timed out or some bs
30t6p3b.gif
lol I'll keep it short. I'm in Lawrence, KS, heard Yeung Ling was this epic beer but they don't have it here. Everyone at KU drinks pbr or keystone when its beer. I heard Stella Artois was similar to Yeung Ling. Before buying any I was wondering if anyone can confirm that it is similar? I probably won't be able to try Yeung Ling for some time so I can settle for a Stella if they're alike
IMHO Stella > Yuengling. I haven't had enough Yuengling to say whether they're similar or not but neither is an epic beer.

Stella is good and one of my personal favs but it's not anything super special, just a good tasting lighter lager

Wow just typed out a whole comment on a comparison I need and NT timed out or some bs
30t6p3b.gif
lol I'll keep it short. I'm in Lawrence, KS, heard Yeung Ling was this epic beer but they don't have it here. Everyone at KU drinks pbr or keystone when its beer. I heard Stella Artois was similar to Yeung Ling. Before buying any I was wondering if anyone can confirm that it is similar? I probably won't be able to try Yeung Ling for some time so I can settle for a Stella if they're alike
IMHO Stella > Yuengling. I haven't had enough Yuengling to say whether they're similar or not but neither is an epic beer.

Stella is good and one of my personal favs but it's not anything super special, just a good tasting lighter lager

Yuengling is just ok, nothing epic about it. I agree though Stella > Yuengling, but I find myself making Yuengling my go to
at the bar.

Yuengling is just ok, nothing epic about it. I agree though Stella > Yuengling, but I find myself making Yuengling my go to
at the bar.

I've switched from Miller Lite to Bud Light after their $250,000 donation to help shelter dogs (with their Superbowl Wego commercial).

I've switched from Miller Lite to Bud Light after their $250,000 donation to help shelter dogs (with their Superbowl Wego commercial).

@JosephSKC: I'm in Kansas City, and we won't be getting Yuengling distributed here anytime soon.

That said, I think it's far better than Stella, and the only similarity between the two is they're both lagers. Stella is a Euro Pale Lager. Yuengling Lager is an American Amber/Red Lager.

Yuengling is easily the best cheaper beer you can get your hands on, as it actually has flavor. I'm a super craft beer nerd, but I will always knock back a few Lagers when I'm in Pa. visiting family.

@JosephSKC: I'm in Kansas City, and we won't be getting Yuengling distributed here anytime soon.

That said, I think it's far better than Stella, and the only similarity between the two is they're both lagers. Stella is a Euro Pale Lager. Yuengling Lager is an American Amber/Red Lager.

Yuengling is easily the best cheaper beer you can get your hands on, as it actually has flavor. I'm a super craft beer nerd, but I will always knock back a few Lagers when I'm in Pa. visiting family.

There was an epic New Belgium sour beer dinner last night at Julian in Kansas City.

Chef/owner Celina Tio (finalist on The Next Iron Chef and on a series of Top Chef Masters) brought in Eric Salazar from New Belgium, who is in charge of all their sour beer brewing.
2rdaf0p.jpg

Chef Tio roasted a whole pig and brought out a slew of incredible sides to go with paired with the beer, like lamb chorizo crostini, deviled egg salad crostini, farro with goat cheese and asparagus, polenta with balsamic roasted mushrooms, fresh guacamole and salsa, beans with bacon, fresh pork tamales, cocoa bread pudding with fresh whipped cream and macerated strawberries and more.

Salazar introduced each beer, and Julian was the only place in the world where all of these beers were available last night on tap. The evening started with a glass of Chef Tio's Julian NBB Love sour beer, which was from the last keg available. Salazar said that it is physically impossible to create that beer ever again, as the beers blended for it are completely gone. Also poured was Cocoa Mole, Kick, Clutch and Ooh La La. Kick and Clutch are long gone, and the Ooh La La was from last year's Valentine's Day.

Salazar went table to table talking with everyone and answering questions. Clutch is one of my favorite bands of all time, so I kept my bottle of it and brought it with me with a silver Sharpie. Salazar was stoked on it and was kind enough to do this for me:
141i0xw.jpg

All in all, it was an amazing evening of the best (and most expensive) meal I think I've ever had and some incredible rare beers. Salazar was super nice, and Chef Tio is always incredibly cool and nice, and the weather was amazing for a dinner on the patio.

Today is an insanely cool interactive sour beer blending event at Julian where everyone that goes gets to blend their own beer and get a growler of it to take home. I just started a new job, so unfortunately I can't skip out early or I'd totally be there.

Just wanted to share with fellow beer geeks!

There was an epic New Belgium sour beer dinner last night at Julian in Kansas City.

Chef/owner Celina Tio (finalist on The Next Iron Chef and on a series of Top Chef Masters) brought in Eric Salazar from New Belgium, who is in charge of all their sour beer brewing.
2rdaf0p.jpg

Chef Tio roasted a whole pig and brought out a slew of incredible sides to go with paired with the beer, like lamb chorizo crostini, deviled egg salad crostini, farro with goat cheese and asparagus, polenta with balsamic roasted mushrooms, fresh guacamole and salsa, beans with bacon, fresh pork tamales, cocoa bread pudding with fresh whipped cream and macerated strawberries and more.

Salazar introduced each beer, and Julian was the only place in the world where all of these beers were available last night on tap. The evening started with a glass of Chef Tio's Julian NBB Love sour beer, which was from the last keg available. Salazar said that it is physically impossible to create that beer ever again, as the beers blended for it are completely gone. Also poured was Cocoa Mole, Kick, Clutch and Ooh La La. Kick and Clutch are long gone, and the Ooh La La was from last year's Valentine's Day.

Salazar went table to table talking with everyone and answering questions. Clutch is one of my favorite bands of all time, so I kept my bottle of it and brought it with me with a silver Sharpie. Salazar was stoked on it and was kind enough to do this for me:
141i0xw.jpg

All in all, it was an amazing evening of the best (and most expensive) meal I think I've ever had and some incredible rare beers. Salazar was super nice, and Chef Tio is always incredibly cool and nice, and the weather was amazing for a dinner on the patio.

Today is an insanely cool interactive sour beer blending event at Julian where everyone that goes gets to blend their own beer and get a growler of it to take home. I just started a new job, so unfortunately I can't skip out early or I'd totally be there.

Just wanted to share with fellow beer geeks!

Originally Posted by troublebound666

I'll have to have a friend mail me some because I don't see me headed east anytime soon. I bought a Stella before I left Lawrence yesterday and I gotta say it was not bad at all. That being said I'm more eager to try Yeung Ling now. What do you recommend in our area that is similar to Yeung Ling if anything? Also what is your favorite beer? I've always been a liquor person but being out at KU I've been getting the taste buds for beer.

I'll have to have a friend mail me some because I don't see me headed east anytime soon. I bought a Stella before I left Lawrence yesterday and I gotta say it was not bad at all. That being said I'm more eager to try Yeung Ling now. What do you recommend in our area that is similar to Yeung Ling if anything? Also what is your favorite beer? I've always been a liquor person but being out at KU I've been getting the taste buds for beer.

I don't know if its just me but I've had Stella that was decent, then I've had Stella that tasted like Heiniken (which I despise). Yeungling is far better IMO.
Troublebound666 -- New Belgium just announced a 13 million dollar set up expansion to Asheville NC about 20 mins away from me. Always dope to hear that. Now if only they could get Stone Brewing to expand to the east coast...
ohwell.gif

I don't know if its just me but I've had Stella that was decent, then I've had Stella that tasted like Heiniken (which I despise). Yeungling is far better IMO.
Troublebound666 -- New Belgium just announced a 13 million dollar set up expansion to Asheville NC about 20 mins away from me. Always dope to hear that. Now if only they could get Stone Brewing to expand to the east coast...
ohwell.gif

Serious question, would you guys drink beer if it didn't produce any of the effects alcohol produced? like, a beer that tastes exactly like a regular beer but produces none of the effects of alcohol

Serious question, would you guys drink beer if it didn't produce any of the effects alcohol produced? like, a beer that tastes exactly like a regular beer but produces none of the effects of alcohol

Originally Posted by il prescelto

I enjoy the taste of beer so I would still drink it if it didn't get me drunk

when I drink good beer it is for the taste and I usually don't drink enough of it to get wasted

I enjoy the taste of beer so I would still drink it if it didn't get me drunk

when I drink good beer it is for the taste and I usually don't drink enough of it to get wasted

No. I only recently am starting to like beer. It's a plus for some. I know my uncle Paul can crack a beer first thing in the morning and to him it's just so refreshing and I don't get it
laugh.gif

No. I only recently am starting to like beer. It's a plus for some. I know my uncle Paul can crack a beer first thing in the morning and to him it's just so refreshing and I don't get it
laugh.gif

bro....that sounds delicious.  how much was it?  i'm stoked NB's distributing Tart Lychee.  apparently they're going for $10/bomber though
sick.gif

this question is usually posed by people who haven't been exposed to "good" beers and only to the mass produced pale lagers.  in america, a "regular" beer would by default be a pale lager, so no i wouldn't drink it if it didn't give the effects of alcohol.

Back
Top Bottom