NT.... What did you score on the SAT?

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Too many ducktales in this thread.
If you guys are scoring so high you guys need to apply to top schools....especially if you are a minority like me.  

I scored a 1210 (old test 1600 max)  and i got into Cornell, Amherst, Dartmouth, Columbia, and UC Berkley.
I did apply to Michigan and WUSTL but got waitlisted at both. And nowadays, the whole minority thing is nullified when you're Asian. Would hate paying their tuitions anyway. Something like $49-50k before scholarships, grants, loans.

I'm going to be at Ohio State so I don't even care about the whole college application process that much any more. That was over October 30th.

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Too many ducktales in this thread.
If you guys are scoring so high you guys need to apply to top schools....especially if you are a minority like me.  

I scored a 1210 (old test 1600 max)  and i got into Cornell, Amherst, Dartmouth, Columbia, and UC Berkley.
I did apply to Michigan and WUSTL but got waitlisted at both. And nowadays, the whole minority thing is nullified when you're Asian. Would hate paying their tuitions anyway. Something like $49-50k before scholarships, grants, loans.

I'm going to be at Ohio State so I don't even care about the whole college application process that much any more. That was over October 30th.

Originally Posted by Gordonson

He's agreeing with the dude who got the 2000, saying that it's a waste of money to take the SATs without studying. I haven't taken mine yet (I was too slow last year), so I'll probably take it twice this year. I'll take the advice in this thread and start reading books and doing practice tests. I guess I should go back and review Geometry too. That'll be a hassle though considering that I'm about to take AP Calculus.
If math is not your strongest point, I highly suggest doing that.

After 3 practice exams, you should be pretty good. Remember the blue book made by College Board is the one you want. Don't bother getting any other prep books. I ended up burning them at the senior bonfire. Waste of money.

Oh and if you're taking AP Calculus, %#!+ taylor polynomials. You'll understand later.

Study/practice HAM, don't smoke too much weed your senior year, apply for some scholarships, and you'll be good.

Originally Posted by Gordonson

He's agreeing with the dude who got the 2000, saying that it's a waste of money to take the SATs without studying. I haven't taken mine yet (I was too slow last year), so I'll probably take it twice this year. I'll take the advice in this thread and start reading books and doing practice tests. I guess I should go back and review Geometry too. That'll be a hassle though considering that I'm about to take AP Calculus.
If math is not your strongest point, I highly suggest doing that.

After 3 practice exams, you should be pretty good. Remember the blue book made by College Board is the one you want. Don't bother getting any other prep books. I ended up burning them at the senior bonfire. Waste of money.

Oh and if you're taking AP Calculus, %#!+ taylor polynomials. You'll understand later.

Study/practice HAM, don't smoke too much weed your senior year, apply for some scholarships, and you'll be good.

only took the ACT... got a 30

i took a couple of pre-tests and worked with a tutor twice for some help on the math section (i suck at math!)

only took the ACT... got a 30

i took a couple of pre-tests and worked with a tutor twice for some help on the math section (i suck at math!)

About 2100. I suck at math.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

34 ACT
Slept through the SAT and forget what I got on it the time I took it.

die you smart bastard.
mad.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

34 ACT
Slept through the SAT and forget what I got on it the time I took it.

die you smart bastard.
mad.gif
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom