NT; what do you do with your paycheck?

I was just sitting at home, about to go cash my check and pick up a CD, and I realized, I save up a lot of my money, now granted I'm a busboy and I worklike 9 hours a week, I don't have much to spend, but I always deposit it all and hardly ever withdraw any, I was wondering if any NTers buy anythingspecial, be-it shoes, clothes, whatever when they get their paycheck (other than bills/living expenses, I don't want to get too personal with yall
laugh.gif
).

I put over half of it in a high yielding savings account and use the rest to pay bills, beer, and legal fees.
laugh.gif
Then, I make sure to use some of my moneyfor a quarterly getaway ... I work hard for my money - why not enjoy it?

Originally Posted by Bruce Uppercut

I put over half of it in a high yielding savings account and use the rest to pay bills, beer, and legal fees.
laugh.gif
Then, I make sure to use some of my money for a quarterly getaway ... I work hard for my money - why not enjoy it?

INGdirect FTW!

i save 40-50%, and don't try to impulse buy. with the things i'm interested in, it's too easy to go broke
laugh.gif

phone bill(still catching up on it smh)..stuff for my son..make sure my girl is straight..then i might buy me something(very rarely)..after that,the rest isfor living/eating until my next check..smh

Originally Posted by DRJordanFreak88

for the people who have ingdirect, did you guys actually make any money off interest?

Naw but its still free money lol

im getting a job soon but when i had my old one i saved 35% and the rest was for whatever..

When i was in high school, i made about 100$ a week at my part time job.

Dub of piff, saved 30, then used the other 50 for goin out with my girl and such. That 30 dollars a week added up, and i copped a new pair abour every month.

Ahhh the good old days, where you had no responsibility other than going to school and looking good...

Originally Posted by presequel

direct deposit ftw

direct deposit has saved my life. I used to go to the Check cashers and then just buy weed, liq, and kicks....its was bad

FOR THE PAST FEW MONTHS I HAVE BEEN SAVING, I HAVENT REALLY SPENT ON ANYTHING BESIDES BILLS (CAR INSURNACE, PHONE BILL) AND GAS.

Originally Posted by WestRoxbury011

When i was in high school, i made about 100$ a week at my part time job.

Dub of piff, saved 30, then used the other 50 for goin out with my girl and such. That 30 dollars a week added up, and i copped a new pair abour every month.

Ahhh the good old days, where you had no responsibility other than going to school and looking good...

Realest.Talk.Ever.

I was the EXACT same way,minus the weed..

i spend it as soon as possible...smh @ myself...i'm bout to start saving...right after i buy these books...

$50 in my HSBC Direct online savings every check.

$250 + $180 (car note, insurance)

2nd check $500 rent

3rd check (sometimes bi-weekly people know whats up!) I ball out.
eek.gif

I need to build a better beer fund seeing as I am single now.

mine goes all to checking acount but i do NOT spend it offten just gas and food but i buy WAY too much food ocasionally ill buy a pair of shoes or a t-shirt orsomething but currently im tryin to save for a PS3 soon

Before:

Making $6.15 an hour
Working about 35 hours a week
Checks averaging $150
At the time, no car no bill no anything just go to school so save up 2 checks go cop kicks and clothes...
Result: BROKE!

Now:

Making $12.75 an hour
Working about 25 hours a week
Checks averaging $250
Plus, hustling highschool kids, selling them regular dunks and jordans (which i claim to be exclusive) and gears. Average weekly income for that = $100
Pay bills monthly, pay gas weekly, go out friday-ly, buy what i wanna buy as long as its in a reasonable budget.
Still have 4-5 bills to put in saving monthly.
Result: FINANCIALLY STABLE! (even tho' i know after college ima be in debt
laugh.gif
but for now im ok.)

I share with you all a few ways that i save:

1)For a check of $250 (i get paid every week), i divide it into 2 parts:

$100 - this goes into saving, i tried to convert this amount into the crispiest $100 bill i can find, so that it will hurt me if i try to spend it. Caseclosed. It stays in an envelope in a secret location in my room.
$150- deposit into checking, so that the bills at the end of the month will be paid online.
HS kids' money: - this goes in gas, food, w.e i need for that week. The left over will be collected every 4 weeks for clothes and kicks. If leftover isbig, then i can splurge, if not. TOO BAD, get on the grind harder next month! Sometimes i go over to the deposit in the checking as well, because sometimes themoney deposited exceeds the amount i need to pay the bills for that month.

2) With all the dollar bills you have, convert them to quarters, with all the dimes and nickels you have, convert them all to quarters. I dont know aboutya'll but i tend to spend my dollar bills on dumb stuff. Like a lottery ticket, a soda, a bag of chips. So, at the end of the day, these quarters will bedumped into a piggy bank (YES i have a piggy bank). Trust me, the result at the end of the year can be beautiful if you're consistent with it. I am able togo on a trip to LA for 5 days next week just from the quarters i saved up from '07.
pimp.gif

3) Just watch what you spend! Dont buy a Gucci wallet then left with $5 to put in it, or purchase a thousand dollar outfit but have no money to go out and showit off. Thats just plain stupidity fellas!

Good day.

Usually I save, save, save, then random things come up where I have to use it.
mad.gif

When I get my Tax/School Refunds back, its going straight to a car before it goes elsewhere. Not that I recommend that. lol

Back
Top Bottom