NT, what does 'quickstrike' mean?

A lot of the quickstrike releases have qs on the box so that will help if trying to identify particular shoes.

A hyperstrike DOES NOT mean tier 0. Hyperstrikes are sneakers that are made in low numbers that are not released to the public. The Playstation AF1 is a goodexample

When someone posts n00ds in general and then quickly edits them out... thats a Quickstrike

Originally Posted by V1nsanity3

Basically, Hyperstrike = Tier 0 and Quickstrike = Tier 1.

No Hyperstrike does not mean Tier 0 at all. Hyperstrike is more on the line of Friends and Family only releases. Shoes that are never released to the public.

Well then I stand corrected... I'm human
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Rapido27

Originally Posted by V1nsanity3

Basically, Hyperstrike = Tier 0 and Quickstrike = Tier 1.

No Hyperstrike does not mean Tier 0 at all. Hyperstrike is more on the line of Friends and Family only releases. Shoes that are never released to the public.

Correct. Typically in the range of 48 pairs for the friends and family of the designer/artist. as an example, often times Nike collaborates with a store onshoe and the shoe is released as a quickstrike at quickstrike accounts. Sometimes an alternate colorway or special edition with extras not present on thequickstrike released versions will be made in low numbers, 24-48 pairs, and the store can do what ever they want with them. sell them, give them toemployees/customers/celebrities/family, etc. Nike doesn't always do this, in past years this seemed pretty standard when nike was collaborating with storeson a bunch of different air max models.

question about this "quickstrike" thing, my store got a shipment of the "spike lee pack" big nike's. all info i have found on these issayin its a quickstrike. my store got like 48 pairs of it. how is that a "limited" shoe then? we're a country %$$ town not big city either. Justcurious...

it means resellers will get them before you will and you will pay reseller prices.

A QS isn't what it used to be due to how fast information comes through....we just know ewverything all the time.

Originally Posted by p1mpjuce

question about this "quickstrike" thing, my store got a shipment of the "spike lee pack" big nike's. all info i have found on these is sayin its a quickstrike. my store got like 48 pairs of it. how is that a "limited" shoe then? we're a country %$$ town not big city either. Just curious...

You referring to the Wht/Red/Blk Big Nike High? If so those are GR's and can be had for $59.99 @ finl.com

Okay, since we're on it, and I don't know if my question would be topic-worthy, but what exactly is this tier 0 thing? Can anyone give examples of a"tier 0" nike?

wow sorry for the question but ive been on the boards for a while but what's tier 0 and tier 1? i usually dont mess with limited stuff. thanks in advance

Hyperstrike aint anything, cept a hype beast term. QS is supposed to mean a limited release shoe. Something that limited retailers are going to get based onwhat tear they sell... IE major retail chains, Champs and Finishline don't get them. However is a HOH release or a small tear account release with limitednumbers it is QS....

Man support your local small sneaker shops... They have QS releases all day... Just picked up some futura dunks yesterday...

Quickstrike- QS shoes are usually the most common out of the three that you are asking about. Most sneaker botiques have a QS account and get these shoes. QS shoes never have an "official" number of shoes released, but it is probably a thousand plus. Even though QS shoes aren't that rare, you cannot walk into a footlocker or footaction and buy them, they only go to botiques.

Hyperstrike- These shoes are very rare, usually 50 or 25 pairs. Usually hyperstrike kicks are given to a store owner or artist that worked on the shoe to give to friends and family. Lots of times two different versions of a shoe are made. There is a general release that people can buy for retail, then there are the very limited hyperstrikes that are given to friends and family only, that usually have extra detail (laser, different tag, etc.)

Tier 0- This refers to shoes that are released at the most select sneaker shops. I'm not sure about the exact number of tier 0 stores but I think it is about 8. Some stores with tier 0 accounts are Huf SF, Nort/Recon (SF and NY), UNDFTD LA (x2), Alife NY, and a couple stores in Europe. Usually tier 0 shoes have very limited numbers (not like hypers though) of about 500 pairs or less. Some recent tier 0 shoes that dropped were the stash air force 1 and air max 95 as well as the CLOT air max 1.

I've read in the net..

I remember walking in to nort wen it was right off Houston st and copping QS every week.... I remember walking into random mom n pop shops and seeing so much heat... best memory of QS is the red foam pros.... or foams in general back in the day.... they NEVER had release dates back then

Sidenote... What does someone mean when they say VNDS?

I know it stands for Very Near Dead Stock... But what the hell does that even mean? Either shoes are worn or brand new... right?

^ AFAIK, it means that the shoe is "very near" to its "brandnew/unworn condition", usually worn once and with minimal creases.

Originally Posted by maronandlando

^ AFAIK, it means that the shoe is "very near" to its "brandnew/unworn condition", usually worn once and with minimal creases.
I hear you but I see cats in the B/S forum selling kicks as VNDS and they look beat to death.
30t6p3b.gif

Pretty much if it ain't DS then I'm not copping because what you think is VNDS might be totally different from what I think is VNDS .
laugh.gif

Quckstrikes are shoes released in limited quantities and select retailers, and they dont have an exact release date on them typically.

Back
Top Bottom