NT, what kind of health insurance do you have?

I got injured a year ago and got Medicaid/SSI but I got a recent examination and it was determined that I no longer need SSI
embarassed.gif
it'll stop in Jul. 2010

so what health insurance do you have?

Oxford. 

The managing partner/founder of my firm is a hypochondriac so its free...I don't even make contributions out of my checks.

none right now...I was on kaiser, but it was costing me too much. So I'm shopping for cheaper ones, but being a smoker the premium is much higher.

Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Aetna Dental PPO
Medco Prescription Drugs
VSP Vision

Love my benefits, all surgeries are 100%, dental 100%, except gold or procelain crowns are covered at 80%.  After five years at my company I can quit and still receive the same benefits until I die.

so all these are through your employer?

does anyone have health insurance that doesn't come from job benefits? what is your monthly bill looking like? I just did a quote with BlueCrossBlueShield and it was around 1200 a month 
tired.gif
is that what I'm looking at?

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

does anyone have health insurance that doesn't come from job benefits? what is your monthly bill looking like? I just did a quote with BlueCrossBlueShield and it was around 1200 a month 
tired.gif

1200??? amonth? DAMNi remember my girl (ex) was shoppin for insurance and with like a 2000 deductible, it was like 200+ a month...shop around and good luck.hopefully this issue will be resolved and folk can begin to afford insurance.

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

tired.gif

mine is like 200+ a month... and its with BCBS w/going through my employer...

thats crazy .... I work for an insurance brokerage firm and last year our health care coverage was ZERO !!

But due to the economy they switched over to AETNA and now its 52 bucks a month but I also receive a $40 non-smoker appreciation deduction so really its on $12 ... $1200 per month .. jesus !!

File for medicaid ...

Back
Top Bottom