NT: what's wrong w/ my car?

i know absolutely know nothing about cars. i was driving home from work and i hear a loud thump. i look back in my rear view to see if i hit anything, andonce i focus my eyes back on the road i noticed the steering wheel is locked. luckily i was near my house when it happened. is it a broken axle?

Isnt there a number somewhere you can call
indifferent.gif

nah i didnt hit anything, the steering wheel locked on me after i heard this thump.

SKRIBZZRC- trying to up the post count? get out of here chump. its just a simple question, there are more worst threads than this.

my cars tripping too
smh.gif
when i turn the key, the engine just won't turn over. no clue what's wrong with it.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

my cars tripping too
smh.gif
when i turn the key, the engine just won't turn over. no clue what's wrong with it.

Starter or fuel pump....

Originally Posted by AverageSavage

nah i didnt hit anything, the steering wheel locked on me after i heard this thump.

SKRIBZZRC- trying to up the post count? get out of here chump. its just a simple question, there are more worst threads than this.

It is most likely your ignition locking mechanism, probably a sensor. So talk to an automotive electric technician.

or due to the noise you heard:
Your steering column broke and the least expensive way to fix it is to get a complete column from a junkyard, switches steering wheel and all and replace yoursall the way to the steering box.

i know absolutely know nothing about cars. i was driving home from work and i hear a loud thump. i look back in my rear view to see if i hit anything, and once i focus my eyes back on the road i noticed the steering wheel is locked. luckily i was near my house when it happened. is it a broken axle?
Its the money you can be saving by switching to Geico.

Just had something similar happen to me, but my steering wheel did not lock, it just felt like my power steering went out. I took it to the shop and they saidit had something caused my serpentine belt break. It cost me about $600 to get fixed, but it was a Benz. The guy said the belt itself is well under $100 formost other cars. Hope this helps...good luck.

I don't know whats wrong with your car, but I notice a lot of NTers say "worst" instead of worse.
Like if you said " there are worst threads than this", instead of "there are worse threads than this". Is that even correct? Sorry for theoff-topicness, but I've been wondering about this.
I've never heard someone in real life use the word that way.

Originally Posted by H3h45

NT is not a medical place.

NT not a car mechanical place.

ohh my bad, i forgot this is the general. ill make a thread about how many dates should i go on before i hit it or an Obama post.. i just wanted to know whatswrong with my car & see if any of you guys had this experience. thats all..
Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

more pics of the girl in yo avy

here you go:

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

my cars tripping too
smh.gif

Starter or fuel pump....
does it make a clicking noise when you turn the key? could be a dead battery.

Originally Posted by phaze1123

Just had something similar happen to me, but my steering wheel did not lock, it just felt like my power steering went out. I took it to the shop and they said it had something caused my serpentine belt break. It cost me about $600 to get fixed, but it was a Benz. The guy said the belt itself is well under $100 for most other cars. Hope this helps...good luck.

Same thing for me but it was my rack and pinion not just a belt.. Cost me $900 to fix.

Originally Posted by CLuTcH 713

i know absolutely know nothing about cars. i was driving home from work and i hear a loud thump. i look back in my rear view to see if i hit anything, and once i focus my eyes back on the road i noticed the steering wheel is locked. luckily i was near my house when it happened. is it a broken axle?
Its the money you can be saving by switching to Geico.

YOU got me
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom