NT whats your grocery budget looking like? Vol. #Struggle

I just came back from Costco and spent about $65 on a couple of items

Other random stuff. :smh:

That's your problem :lol:
You've got to go in with a list of the essentials you need and stick to it. It is so easy to add like $10-20 each trip just picking up a couple random things and that adds up.

About45$ a month college struggle budget
ohwell.gif

This has helped me a lot I just make my food for the week and eat a sandwhich or oatmeal as snacks.
Knowing I have food already made at home helps me not to eat out and spend money I don't have hahaha

I put veggies in there along with potatoes.
I do this too, about $40-50 for the week.  Its way to easy to stop somewhere between classes and grab some subway or something quick.

I spend around $100 a week for my groceries - not even mad about it either. I eat 6 eggs, 1 lb meat, 1 greek yogurt, hella veggies, a sweet potatoe or two per day plus a bunch of other stuff. Maintaining a proper diet is huge for both physical and mental performance - it's worth it.

i try not to think of the money i spend, but i know its alot because i eat really healthy, organic fruits and veggies, grass fed chicken and beef, wild caught salmon etc

plus being a gym rat, im always eating. if i had to ballpark it, id say i spend about 100, maybe a little over, per two weeks

I just came back from Costco and spent about $65 on a couple of items

Muffins 6 pack 2 for 6.99
Spinach Dip 7.99
Bread 4.49
Meat Balls 12.99
Water 3.55 X 3
Other random stuff. :smh:

1. Invest in a kettle and water filtration system.

2. For that price, I suggest you learn how to make your own meatballs.

3. Exactly how much spinach dip are you getting for 7.99?

haha, you're right. My problem is to plan out what I need to buy and stop buying random stuff like spinach dip. lmao! :rofl:

i dunno.........food is my vice.

i like to use this analogy with ppl

YOU PUT PREMIUM GAS IN YOUR CAR? WHY DONT YOU PUT PREMIUM FOOD IN YOUR BODY THEN?

I realize though that eating well and enjoying your food is the best money you can spend.

I don't buy clothes, don't buy kicks, don't often go out and spend money on drinks, don't go to many shows etc. The only things I truly LOVE doing are watching new movies, playing basketball and eating delicious food. I don't eat snacks like chips, sodas, etc. I love what I do eat though (pizza, good sandwiches etc).

I bought a juicer though so my goal for the week is to drink juice in the morning (kale, spinach, carrot, apple, and a few grapes) and juice at night and in between have food that I like. Best of both worlds. As long as I play hoops 3 to 4x a week, and drink juice that is as healthy as I want to be.

I try cooking but I end up wasting a lot of food. Especially stuff that goes fast like chicken breast. I love cooking, but it is a pain to cook food honestly. To make a lot of things you need 5+ ingredients. I got tortillas, parathas, some sauces, etc that I make here and there. Those can be put in the freezer though so it's why I stay buying them.

Respect to you people that live on these frugal food budgets. I could do it, and have, but honestly my quality of life would feel terrible to me. The way I think about it..i could save $1,500 a year on food likely and go on one vacation. I'll pick the happiness of 51 weeks over the 1 week of vacation somewhere.

so you pay a bunch of money to eat garbage?
no it isnt, thats $7.14 a day. you will be starving yourself unless you're a 12 yr old girl with anorexia or eat rice and beans everyday.
Oats, veggies, whole chickens, beans, eggs (pack of 60 can go for as low as $7), etc. shouldn't run you that much. Clearance and sale items help also.

I realize though that eating well and enjoying your food is the best money you can spend.

I don't buy clothes, don't buy kicks, don't often go out and spend money on drinks, don't go to many shows etc. The only things I truly LOVE doing are watching new movies, playing basketball and eating delicious food. I don't eat snacks like chips, sodas, etc. I love what I do eat though (pizza, good sandwiches etc).

I bought a juicer though so my goal for the week is to drink juice in the morning (kale, spinach, carrot, apple, and a few grapes) and juice at night and in between have food that I like. Best of both worlds. As long as I play hoops 3 to 4x a week, and drink juice that is as healthy as I want to be.

I try cooking but I end up wasting a lot of food. Especially stuff that goes fast like chicken breast. I love cooking, but it is a pain to cook food honestly. To make a lot of things you need 5+ ingredients. I got tortillas, parathas, some sauces, etc that I make here and there. Those can be put in the freezer though so it's why I stay buying them.

Respect to you people that live on these frugal food budgets. I could do it, and have, but honestly my quality of life would feel terrible to me. The way I think about it..i could save $1,500 a year on food likely and go on one vacation. I'll pick the happiness of 51 weeks over the 1 week of vacation somewhere.

real life

you an i would be friends

replace basketball with lifting weights an pretty much i thought it was myself

Last edited:
lady at the grocery store has EBT Deals .so i usually go once a month and do $50 for $100.
I buy frozen chicken breast and prep for the week. i dont eat junk food, usually alot of yogart and water.

i dunno.........food is my vice.

i like to use this analogy with ppl

YOU PUT PREMIUM GAS IN YOUR CAR? WHY DONT YOU PUT PREMIUM FOOD IN YOUR BODY THEN
?

That's a good way of looking at it.

Quality food >

I go to the grocery 1-2 times per week. I usually spend anywhere from $30 - $50. I mainly buy:

Cereal
Salad
Salad Dressing
Milk
Eggs
Ham
Turkey
White Bread
Peanut Butter
Jelly
Carrots
Nature Valley Granola Bars

I always prepare a list before I go to the grocery store. It's a good way to stay on track and avoid buying things you don't need. I also limit myself to the 20 items or less line. You'd be surprised how much money you can save. My grocery bills used to be very expensive but I was buying a lot of desserts, frozen foods, etc.. basically a lot of junk food. I've cut all that out. I'm now focused on eating better & healthier.

Back
Top Bottom