NT...Where does MY KRAZY LIFE rank in the PANTHEON of gangster rap albums???

Trolling? Doesn't rank high at all. Great album though, has that old Death Row sound to it. He delivered.

So you're saying My _ wasn't a hood banger that reached crossover success? Had EVERYONE singing to the chorus?

Yeah because of Vine 
laugh.gif

Album was cool but not an all time great gangster rap album. Surprised me on first listen no doubt though.

It was a great album.

Really surprised me when it dropped.

Classic for me.

The Chronic
Doggystyle
The Diary
N's For Life
Doggfood

YG and Mustard made a hard album but it's not as good as those albums. They need to drop something this summer matter fact.

Last edited:
Lets establish some context OP.

What was the last great gangster rap album for yall? From there maybe we could try to get a better idea of where this ranks.

Have there been classic/great gangster albums released in the last 10-12 years? What are they?

Doggystyle
The Chronic
Dogg Food
Death Certificate
Comin Out Hard
On Top of the World
GRODT
Bow Down
The Untouchable
TM101
Safe+Sound
We Come Strapped
All Eyez on Me

Just a few that I would rank above it, but the album was great.

Last edited:
Everyone is saying it doesn't rank but what are y'all top 5 or top 10

There aren't any "gangster" albums anymore. Nothing is really hard like that. So if you're ranking of all time, I'm not even ranking it. If you're ranking the past 5-10 years. it's probably top 5. ****, I can't even think of many "gangster rap" albums over the last 10 years. MKL might win by default

MKL had a few too many radio records but I would still label it "gangster rap"

"My Krazy Life" is top 20-25 Gangsta' Rap album of all time. This will probably be YG's best record in his catalogue. I don't like to label things as classic but man, this was surprisingly an excellent album.

Back
Top Bottom