NT Where my teachers at???

Im an elementary education major myself... Any other teachers out there on NT.... 
If so... What state, and what grade do u teach???

I almost was
EC-4 Generalist, never finished. One day though
frown.gif

Not to hijack, but I'm interested in adjunct teaching.

Like... maybe a couple classes at the local community college for a few extra bucks while I'm working on my masters..

I run an algebra 1 lab for title 1 and standardized testing in Gary,IN. And I coach basketball. State runner up
grin.gif

Originally Posted by sho3tym

HS Special Education Teacher

Milw WI

what school my man?
from the area just curious 

EDIT: i actually did some help with the learning disabled children a while back in Franklin if you know where that is i really enjoyed it. I been really thinking of getting into special education. I would really like to hear your thoughts on it. how you like it etc. 

Starting my first internship mid-May.

Can't wait for it. Just kinda nervous about how the kids will react to my tattoo (forearm.) I won't be able to wear long sleeves every day, as we have to do "active-participation" recess which basically means I'm gonna be dunking on elementary school kids on the small rims.

Although not a teacher, I work at a high school in houston, tx. My position is call the Graduation coach, not to be confused with the college access coordinator. I do have a regular class schedule with students I see everyday but majority are retaking a class with me online to recover a credit needed for gradation. Others are the ones trying to get ahead by taking courses online.

I was an Elementary Ed major before i joined the military. When I get out, i was considering getting back into it, but I'm really interested in helping kids

this will literally offer no help but there was an 8th grade history teacher on NT, talked to him in a thread about a year ago, respect to him since he's politically correct and offers both sides to the story to his kids

6/7th grade Social Studies teacher in the South Bronx..

Hopin to teach for the prison system next fall..

not on ur guys' level but im a t.a. for a math class next year. pretty stoked, get to t.a. as a sophomore in college
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by il prescelto

not on ur guys' level but im a t.a. for a math class next year. pretty stoked, get to t.a. as a sophomore in college
pimp.gif

you get any compensation?

Originally Posted by dmxgod

can you give us some more details on how this works?  Im not a teacher yet, but teaching juvenile offenders would be ideal

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by dmxgod

can you give us some more details on how this works?  Im not a teacher yet, but teaching juvenile offenders would be ideal
Well from my understandin teachin in a secure facility is a State position and i'm sure the benefits are great because it is with the State. Right now I am waiting for the teaching applications to open so I can actually be considered for the fall..I am already guaranteed a summer teaching position teaching about the Civil Rights movement..which is real cool..and I think the kids will like it as well..but back to what I was sayin..once the applications are open in the state of NY I can fill out the application and I am able to secure a position if a facility would like to interview me and give me a chance to earn a spot..

The kids in the facility are from 14-21 and they have gone away for various crimes (killing someone, drug related nonsense)..but they are all hopin to gain an education (there is a light at the end of the tunnel for the kids that I will b workin with)..but they're your normal inner city youth that need guidance..

In the classroom..there are two guards on watch at all times..you're never left alone with the kids (most are in gangs so that's why)..and the guards can help with your lessons if you ask them too..the facility that I visited is maximum security..and the class size is 15 students for each teacher..so the class size is small which i like..hate teaching 30 kids in one of my 6th grade classrooms right now (they're a bunch of animals)..

Hope this gives you some info..

man that was alot of great info, and gave me some inspiration. I really want a chance to help kids

What did you guys do to become certified teachers? Did you get your Master's or did you take a different approach?
I'm currently majoring in Elementary Education, with the intention of becoming an English teacher. I hope to teach in San Francisco, or at least a city near SF.

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by il prescelto

pimp.gif

you get any compensation?

yea, same pay as any campus job, but it's a whole lot better than cleaning dishes in a dining hall

Back
Top Bottom