NT, who is your favorite skateboarder of all time?

Liked the OG Chad Muska back in the day. The guy's a total wreck now

Never been super into skating like that, but I would say Eric Koston (his part in Fully flared :pimp:) and Mark Gonzales (his part from Video Days w/ the John Coltrane song :pimp: )

Edit: ^I guess everyone loves those two lol

Last edited:
Rodney Mullen
Eric Koston
Rodrigo TX
Josh Kalis
Stevie Williams
Ronnie Creager
Jerry Hsu
Ryan Gallant
Can't believe I forgot about The BOSS. Andrew Reynolds. His Frontside flips are sex.

Last edited:
Bob Burnquist. It's been a long time since i was really into skating doe. When this happened i was :wow: :x :smh:

its been cot damn years since i was about it, but i remember watching videos of kid Sheckler (99-02?) and practicing em like crazy in my hand me down Vans Caballero's with the dragon on the side.

Never really got into the underground skate crew scene, but i have seen some random videos here and there, and the whole Antwuan Dixon Vice series chronicling his struggle.

Also Lance Mountain had this TV show they re-aired from the late 80s early 90s I'd always watch. It was super old school but i watched hours upon hours cuz at the time i thought skating was the coolest damn thing ever.

Nostalgia :pimp:

Does anybody hate where skateboarding is going? I was skating in the mid 90s' to early 00s' where everybody hated skateboarding, skateboarders and anything about skateboarding.

Now, I see Lil' Wayne trying to do pop shuv-its and he's got every little kid picking up a board. I don't know it just doesn't seem "pure" anymore. Don't get me wrong, skateboarding has evolved greatly but skateboarding before was all about the love of skating and not about the clothes, shoes and fashion to it. Now everybody wants to wear "streetwear" and be a skateboarder now.

I also hate seeing stupid kids with brand new complete boards not even using it. They just hold it in their hand for show and tell. :smh:

Does anybody hate where skateboarding is going? I was skating in the mid 90s' to early 00s' where everybody hated skateboarding, skateboarders and anything about skateboarding.

Now, I see Lil' Wayne trying to do pop shuv-its and he's got every little kid picking up a board. I don't know it just doesn't seem "pure" anymore. Don't get me wrong, skateboarding has evolved greatly but skateboarding before was all about the love of skating and not about the clothes, shoes and fashion to it. Now everybody wants to wear "streetwear" and be a skateboarder now.

I also hate seeing stupid kids with brand new complete boards not even using it. They just hold it in their hand for show and tell.
mean.gif
That could be applied to a number of things. 

I'm thinking of a ton of stuff in my head now. 

Christian Slater

No but seriously.....

j/k.

I've always been a big Jereme Rogers fan. Grew up down the road from him and skated the same park.

Last edited:
As a black kid from the ghetto I was the only person mildly interested in skateboarding out of my friends. I got roasted so bad when I got a board for christman 1 year n I dont think I missed a x games since middle school. Tony hawks pro skater was my **** n my favorite is hosoi (brought swag to skating) and mullen

I also hate seeing stupid kids with brand new complete boards not even using it. They just hold it in their hand for show and tell. :smh:
Interesting post. I'm not a huge skateboarding fan, but I feel like you can say that about pretty much everything in modern culture in general.

We're reaching a point where individuality isn't so individual anymore. Everything that started out as a genuine way to have fun and make the most of what you have (skateboarding, hip hop, etc etc) has now been commercialized and packaged for sale. The phrase "Do you" no longer has any meaning. Now it's just a hip catchphrase to represent Generation X's status quo.

Eric Koston. Got to go to the Pretty Sweet tour in Utah and got a pic with him. Him and Mike Carroll are my favorites and seeing them skate in person was insane

Back
Top Bottom