NT: Who owns a P90x ?

creatine is garbage. if you want something to aid when working out just take whey protein after you work out.

creatine is garbage. if you want something to aid when working out just take whey protein after you work out.

just got it actually
laugh.gif

im starting monday

im 6'3" 200 so i think this will be good for me

bring it. X

just got it actually
laugh.gif

im starting monday

im 6'3" 200 so i think this will be good for me

bring it. X

Originally Posted by mrmakemoney

Originally Posted by GottaBeEm21

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

I'm about the same size as OP. Is creatine better than whey protein? 
creatine and whey protein are very different. all i can say is if youre gonna use creatine, drink a lotttttt of water, or else it'll give you serious headaches

So true.  You will need to make sure you keep yourself hydrated when using creatine.  I've used it before and it does work; you'll get bigger off of water weight, but you'll need to keep using it.  The whey protein is to help feed your muscles after workouts and help with recovery.  Creatine before workouts, whey afterwards.  If you use them together, it should be a good combo for bulk.

If you guys are gonna go the creatine route I highly suggest Kre-Alkalyn...I'm just hitting myself in the head right now because I haven't used it and rather used creatine monohydrate.  No loading phase, don't need to chase with a sugary drink, little if not any water weight, no bloating, nada....so far.
I'm kind of a holistic kinda guy...and ingesting gelatin isn't my thing but if your gonna take it for 3 months outta the year it's nothing.  Highly recommend Kre-Alkalyn....only if your doing strength training.

Originally Posted by mrmakemoney

Originally Posted by GottaBeEm21

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

I'm about the same size as OP. Is creatine better than whey protein? 
creatine and whey protein are very different. all i can say is if youre gonna use creatine, drink a lotttttt of water, or else it'll give you serious headaches

So true.  You will need to make sure you keep yourself hydrated when using creatine.  I've used it before and it does work; you'll get bigger off of water weight, but you'll need to keep using it.  The whey protein is to help feed your muscles after workouts and help with recovery.  Creatine before workouts, whey afterwards.  If you use them together, it should be a good combo for bulk.

If you guys are gonna go the creatine route I highly suggest Kre-Alkalyn...I'm just hitting myself in the head right now because I haven't used it and rather used creatine monohydrate.  No loading phase, don't need to chase with a sugary drink, little if not any water weight, no bloating, nada....so far.
I'm kind of a holistic kinda guy...and ingesting gelatin isn't my thing but if your gonna take it for 3 months outta the year it's nothing.  Highly recommend Kre-Alkalyn....only if your doing strength training.

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Starting strength by Mark Rippetoe is all you need if your trying to gain some size/strength.
This or some other strength training program is what i'd recommend for any beginner.  I don't even know why anyone would even be thinking about creatine before even starting to workout.

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Starting strength by Mark Rippetoe is all you need if your trying to gain some size/strength.
This or some other strength training program is what i'd recommend for any beginner.  I don't even know why anyone would even be thinking about creatine before even starting to workout.

im looking at this p90x nutrition guide and i know for a fact theres know way i can keep up with this...especially with work and everything

hell i dont know what half this @%$@ is
roll.gif
roll.gif

im looking at this p90x nutrition guide and i know for a fact theres know way i can keep up with this...especially with work and everything

hell i dont know what half this @%$@ is
roll.gif
roll.gif

There's a thread in S&T about the whole thing. You should check it out. We talk about everything you need to know. Good luck. I'm in my second run, and I'm feeling great.

There's a thread in S&T about the whole thing. You should check it out. We talk about everything you need to know. Good luck. I'm in my second run, and I'm feeling great.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

how much have you read about creatine?

Originally Posted by Zyzz

how much have you read about creatine?

You aren't going to get ripped simply because the diet plan doesn't have you eating enough. p90x is moreso for people who are looking to lose weight. If you're trying to gain weight & strength do starting strength by mark rippetoe or bill star's 5x5. Make sure to eat oats for breakfast & chicken breast/salmon/talapia for dinner and/or any other foods that are low in fat & high in protein.

Back
Top Bottom