NT, Who Works At UPS?

I been working at UPS for almost 10 years. The starting pay is $8.50 for new-hires. I could tell you about everything you need to know about this job. You're either unloading or loading trailers. You work for about 3 1/2 to 4 hours a day. When you pass your 30 day probation you join the local union. This job is a physical as it can get. Drink alot of water or you'll pass out from dehydration. Stretch before you start working to avoid the cramps. In the summer time when you're unloading in the trailers it can get up to 100 degrees inside. Takes a year to receive health benefits. They pay up to $3,000 a year for school. The only way to move up is to get promoted to part time supervisor. Full time driving is going to take a long time depending on location. Seniority is a big deal with everybody. I started when I got out of high school and I am still here but it paid off for me. 

Originally Posted by Moderate Gatsby

Edit: Post 1337.
pimp.gif
U play CS or some****?

Originally Posted by needsomejays

how much do you guys make there? been thinkin about workin there for a while now
This but some of these reviews got me second guessing...what's the pay though?
Congrats OP that's a good looking schedule
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by needsomejays

how much do you guys make there? been thinkin about workin there for a while now
This but some of these reviews got me second guessing...what's the pay though?
Congrats OP that's a good looking schedule
pimp.gif

When you pass your 30 day probation you join the local union

You HAVE A CHOICE to join the union 90 WORK DAYS from when you start, not actual days.  I'm just sayin'  I mean I could be wrong but that's what I remember.
Most my co-workers started at $8.50-$9.00 depending on the shift.  All of us make at least $25 plus now!!! 6 years pays off. 

When you pass your 30 day probation you join the local union

You HAVE A CHOICE to join the union 90 WORK DAYS from when you start, not actual days.  I'm just sayin'  I mean I could be wrong but that's what I remember.
Most my co-workers started at $8.50-$9.00 depending on the shift.  All of us make at least $25 plus now!!! 6 years pays off. 

let me tell you this, being the first new hire after over 2 years (due the the recession) makes the supervisors and bosses a lot more strict. esp when your loading/unloading a whole PD alone

let me tell you this, being the first new hire after over 2 years (due the the recession) makes the supervisors and bosses a lot more strict. esp when your loading/unloading a whole PD alone

roll.gif
roll.gif
i was with UPS for exactly a year..i got fired the day after April fools day.  your first 2 months will be a pain, man..but you will get a really nice workout..don't expect more than 120 dollars your first couple of months..after you make union, youll have an opportunity to make a litttle more...at point poitn i was taking home 900 a week..
wink.gif
..but that didnt last long..i type drunk now so i cant get into details but if you have any questions, pm me, man

roll.gif
roll.gif
i was with UPS for exactly a year..i got fired the day after April fools day.  your first 2 months will be a pain, man..but you will get a really nice workout..don't expect more than 120 dollars your first couple of months..after you make union, youll have an opportunity to make a litttle more...at point poitn i was taking home 900 a week..
wink.gif
..but that didnt last long..i type drunk now so i cant get into details but if you have any questions, pm me, man

Yo! tell your co workers to be careful with my boxes!!!
My computer case came in and the box looked like they ran over it with the truck a couple of times. Thankfully the case was heavily padded.

My computer case came in and the box looked like they ran over it with the truck a couple of times. Thankfully the case was heavily padded.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

YOU THINK WE GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOUR PACKAGE???
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

YOU THINK WE GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOUR PACKAGE???
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

worked for a year. my favorite job ever!!!! as long ss the R.O your working at are fun. I had to go cuz of grave shift hours

worked for a year. my favorite job ever!!!! as long ss the R.O your working at are fun. I had to go cuz of grave shift hours

I want to know why my package has been in Houston for 3 days and has yet to been sent to my house?
smh.gif
Now I can't stunt on Monday like I wanted..

I want to know why my package has been in Houston for 3 days and has yet to been sent to my house?
smh.gif
Now I can't stunt on Monday like I wanted..

Back
Top Bottom