NT, Who Works At UPS?

Cousin worked there as a package handler while he was in college. Definately a good way to keep you in shape. My mother has been a driver for 15 years.. good, secure job, but you do work super hard.

Cousin worked there as a package handler while he was in college. Definately a good way to keep you in shape. My mother has been a driver for 15 years.. good, secure job, but you do work super hard.

Originally Posted by NeztaYy

Spoiler [+]
pause?

Originally Posted by NeztaYy

Spoiler [+]
pause?

Been there for 4.5 years now, and i guess it depends on alot of factors, such as where you live, how big your center or hub is, and what you expect in the way of pay. At the hub Im at, our hours have been cut down to around 17.5 per week, because the supervisors push that slave mentality and get all the new hires to do the same amount of volume in less time.. The end result is smaller paychecks. If you only plan on staying for a year honestly besides a good workout i believe you will only see a little in the way of satisfaction from the job, as you will not get the benefits, or an anniversary raise.

As everyone said though. Pay starts at 8.50, then bumps up to 9.50 after probation. Idk how dude that said he has been there for 6 years is making over 25 dollars an hour, there must have been some combo positions in his hub available. But at almost 5 years, Im making around 13.65 an hour, which is a little more realistic of what you can expect..about a dollar per year raise.

Been there for 4.5 years now, and i guess it depends on alot of factors, such as where you live, how big your center or hub is, and what you expect in the way of pay. At the hub Im at, our hours have been cut down to around 17.5 per week, because the supervisors push that slave mentality and get all the new hires to do the same amount of volume in less time.. The end result is smaller paychecks. If you only plan on staying for a year honestly besides a good workout i believe you will only see a little in the way of satisfaction from the job, as you will not get the benefits, or an anniversary raise.

As everyone said though. Pay starts at 8.50, then bumps up to 9.50 after probation. Idk how dude that said he has been there for 6 years is making over 25 dollars an hour, there must have been some combo positions in his hub available. But at almost 5 years, Im making around 13.65 an hour, which is a little more realistic of what you can expect..about a dollar per year raise.

360waves speaks the truth about supervisors hassling employee's to work faster. Then when you see the paycheck, you will understand why some say it's modern day slavery. While you're there you could learn the zip codes, and become a sorter or bulk driver. It's a lil more easier than unloading/loading trucks, plus you get a $1 raise. Thats how it was when i was there (5 years ago) don't know if things have changed.
nerd.gif

360waves speaks the truth about supervisors hassling employee's to work faster. Then when you see the paycheck, you will understand why some say it's modern day slavery. While you're there you could learn the zip codes, and become a sorter or bulk driver. It's a lil more easier than unloading/loading trucks, plus you get a $1 raise. Thats how it was when i was there (5 years ago) don't know if things have changed.
nerd.gif

Fridays on Twilight are more like 7/7:45 to midnight, since the Night shift works Sundays instead of Fridays.

Fridays on Twilight are more like 7/7:45 to midnight, since the Night shift works Sundays instead of Fridays.

iv'e been with the company for over 5 years loading paying my dues and is now a full time driver. $$$$ working at UPS is not a place to work if your only planning on working there for less than a year. you'll be better off at another job. other jobs can offer more than jus 20hours a week, plus no union dues. in my opinion UPS is only good in the long run. and dude is right, if you got the right fun coworkers you will like it there. i use to look foward to going to work, jus so me and my coworkers can chop it up or $%%* around when loading boxes.

iv'e been with the company for over 5 years loading paying my dues and is now a full time driver. $$$$ working at UPS is not a place to work if your only planning on working there for less than a year. you'll be better off at another job. other jobs can offer more than jus 20hours a week, plus no union dues. in my opinion UPS is only good in the long run. and dude is right, if you got the right fun coworkers you will like it there. i use to look foward to going to work, jus so me and my coworkers can chop it up or $%%* around when loading boxes.

I have worked there as a loader/unloader for about 6 months.. It's actually UNITED PRISON SERVICE. It's just the drivers that get the real $$$. And they usually boss us around especially if we loaders tend to finish up slowly, they look at their watches and act like  ****heads, straight up disrespecting us hard laborers. That was 7 years ago though..  If you are not planning on moving on being a driver, don't do it.. your just wasting your time.

I have worked there as a loader/unloader for about 6 months.. It's actually UNITED PRISON SERVICE. It's just the drivers that get the real $$$. And they usually boss us around especially if we loaders tend to finish up slowly, they look at their watches and act like  ****heads, straight up disrespecting us hard laborers. That was 7 years ago though..  If you are not planning on moving on being a driver, don't do it.. your just wasting your time.

I use to work at the HUB, now im a manager at the UPS store.
i was gonna job hunt, but im good with the pay... and i get to boss people around, while lurking NT all day
pimp.gif

I use to work at the HUB, now im a manager at the UPS store.
i was gonna job hunt, but im good with the pay... and i get to boss people around, while lurking NT all day
pimp.gif

Def the worst job I ever had. They had me doing every thing from loading trucks (4 at a time), unloading trailers (not as bad), and splitting the belt. Splitting IMO is the best part time job in the building. All you do is look at each package and either put it on the left or right side of the belt and load one truck.

All I have to say is if your going to be loading trucks it's 100% not worth it. You'll be lucky to bring home 125.00$ a week after busting your ##$ unlike any job you ever had.

Def the worst job I ever had. They had me doing every thing from loading trucks (4 at a time), unloading trailers (not as bad), and splitting the belt. Splitting IMO is the best part time job in the building. All you do is look at each package and either put it on the left or right side of the belt and load one truck.

All I have to say is if your going to be loading trucks it's 100% not worth it. You'll be lucky to bring home 125.00$ a week after busting your ##$ unlike any job you ever had.

Back
Top Bottom