NT Would You? JOB RELATED......

Okay, so I had an interview yesterday with this manufacturer. So the only issue with the job is thatit is in a town with a population of 19,000. The percentage of black people in that town is %0.07.....I got real good feedback from the president of thecompany, however, he is concerned that (as a 29 yo black man), I would be hard pressed to want to live in the town (which is only a 1 hr and 20 mins away fromToronto) for a long time, now they may be trying to look for married men.....I was told this by the recruiter I am working with, the other candidate hereferred is Latino.

If I get called back for a second interview, how do I address this in a professional manner? IREALLY want this job, it is a perfect fit for me and my background...plus the earning potential is crazy

This is the first time I've ever had to deal with my skin color being an issue with in the jobinterview process....my question is - would you do it? Knowing you'd be the one of the ONLY minorities in the town. Could you pick up and move somewherewhere you knew nobody and the cows outnumber the people?

I would...I don't really like anyone anyways, regardless of skin color
grin.gif

if you really want the job i say go for it, 1.5hrs away from your normalcy dosent seem to bad to me...as long as the money is right.

If the money is right and you see room for advancement and professional growth in the company, I'd give it a shot.

Jobs like the one you mentioned are what we call "a means to an end". You work your $%# off, 60-80 hours per week so you can climb the ladderquickly, invest a lot of your paycheck,get the experiance and resume building that you need and get the hell out. One of those 3-5 year deals.

If you don't want to take the I'm out in X amount of years approach........

Take the "up or out" approach to your job there.

"If I'm not a manager (or desired position) within X years, I'm OUT"

Just what I'd do. I couldn't be at a company who is based in that location too long. Now if they have other facilities where you could transfer to inthe future, that is something worth investigating.

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

I thought you loved white women.
I love all women....I does not discriminate....however, I do not try to approachclosed-minded people....with that said, I'd be back home on a weekly basis

I would say move halfway between toronto and the town, 45 mins in either direction is not bad. Also try to find a main chick with wifey potential quickly butstill take your time

Originally Posted by rocman23

I would say move halfway between toronto and the town, 45 mins in either direction is not bad. Also try to find a main chick with wifey potential quickly but still take your time

roll with this!

Back
Top Bottom