NT - WWF vs. Natural Selection

To my knowledge one purpose of the WWF (World Wildlife Fund) is preventing certain species of animal from being extinct.  Doesn't stopping animals that can't survive in this environment from going extinct go against the process of natural selection? If so, do you think going against natural selection in the long run is going to affect nature and evolution?

To my knowledge one purpose of the WWF (World Wildlife Fund) is preventing certain species of animal from being extinct.  Doesn't stopping animals that can't survive in this environment from going extinct go against the process of natural selection? If so, do you think going against natural selection in the long run is going to affect nature and evolution?

Yes, whenever we aid a species or animal that should have died without intervention, we are toying with nature/evolution.

Yes, whenever we aid a species or animal that should have died without intervention, we are toying with nature/evolution.

Originally Posted by proper english

excessive poaching and destruction of habitat is not natural selection. 

Yes. Sorry kid, but most of our actions are unnatural. We caused most of the extinction of animals today.

Yes. Sorry kid, but most of our actions are unnatural. We caused most of the extinction of animals today.

I think WWF mostly tries to protect creatures that are made extinct by Human actions (Hunting, Pollution, etc.).
Which I don't think is really natural selection.
They should be helping prevent these animals from being extinct because they aren't dying of natural causes, they are dying because of human actions, and because of this the world's ecosystem gets all messed up.
And even if the WWF does protect the animals, natural selection is still going on because the WWF protects these animals in shelters/zoo's so basically these animals aren't involved in the ecosystem anymore.
And when they only find like 2 remaining survivors, the animals sometimes won't even mate with each other.

Also, natural selection doesn't have to be one species being extinct.
For instance, giraffes have longer necks because the giraffes with shorter necks couldn't find mating partners as easily (their mating rituals involve males hitting each other with their necks). Or tallgrass plants in the midwest are usually like up to your face, but in mountains and other high terrains, they are short since the harsh weather/winds destroy the higher tallgrass so the short ones only survive, and therefore the next generation of tallgrass will all be short. (Thank you Bio 101)

I think WWF should only be protecting the Animals that we make extinct, because they are throwing off nature.
Because everything will get extinct, even us humans, it's just a part of nature.

I think WWF mostly tries to protect creatures that are made extinct by Human actions (Hunting, Pollution, etc.).
Which I don't think is really natural selection.
They should be helping prevent these animals from being extinct because they aren't dying of natural causes, they are dying because of human actions, and because of this the world's ecosystem gets all messed up.
And even if the WWF does protect the animals, natural selection is still going on because the WWF protects these animals in shelters/zoo's so basically these animals aren't involved in the ecosystem anymore.
And when they only find like 2 remaining survivors, the animals sometimes won't even mate with each other.

Also, natural selection doesn't have to be one species being extinct.
For instance, giraffes have longer necks because the giraffes with shorter necks couldn't find mating partners as easily (their mating rituals involve males hitting each other with their necks). Or tallgrass plants in the midwest are usually like up to your face, but in mountains and other high terrains, they are short since the harsh weather/winds destroy the higher tallgrass so the short ones only survive, and therefore the next generation of tallgrass will all be short. (Thank you Bio 101)

I think WWF should only be protecting the Animals that we make extinct, because they are throwing off nature.
Because everything will get extinct, even us humans, it's just a part of nature.

Originally Posted by cryptikman

00149wrs

BUT... If were natural beings, where do you draw the line in natural and unnatural events actions?

00149wrs

BUT... If were natural beings, where do you draw the line in natural and unnatural events actions?

Ding, ding, ding.

Ding, ding, ding.

Humans *+$% everything up, even when they "believe" they are doing something right.
But once the WWF realizes that their doing something bad in the long run, it'll be too late.

But whats just as bad is, if the WWF didn't exist, ******s would be killing off dying breeds of animals.

I'm all for hunting, but you have to know what to hunt, and what not to hunt.

Humans *+$% everything up, even when they "believe" they are doing something right.
But once the WWF realizes that their doing something bad in the long run, it'll be too late.

But whats just as bad is, if the WWF didn't exist, ******s would be killing off dying breeds of animals.

I'm all for hunting, but you have to know what to hunt, and what not to hunt.

Back
Top Bottom