NT , your thoughts on your children marrying outside of their race . Mature Discusson ...

I'm at work having this conversation with a couple co workers and it got pretty heated.

We're discussing our children marrying outside of they're race. We all have kids and two of us didnt mind but the other two also didn't mind but would rather their kids marry within their race.

Ftr , I preferred my daughters marry within their race. By no means am I racist, if my daughters found someone they love and that person treated them right I'd be fine.

My point was I'd rather them start families and keep our race and traditions going ( puerto rican ). All of a sudden I'm being called racist, clan member and more
laugh.gif

It got a little ridiculous . I was just curious how u guys felt. Now I know the majority here don't have children but I'm sure there are some who do. Just wanna know what u guys think. Let's keep it as mature as possible, I do realize where I'm asking this question
laugh.gif

you should be able to marry whoever you want as long as you love them and they treat you well. period.

In this day and age, if my daughter can find someone who doesnt beat her, cheat on her, is educated, not in massive debt and has goals and aspirations in life then I'm only going to smile.

No matter the creed, color, hair, facial structure, eyesight or missing limbs

You're are missing the bigger picture.

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

This will not end well

THIS.
but to hopefully add something positive here, i understand 100% what you talkin about.  I, my parents, relatives all prefer if I married within my culutre (Jamaican/Guyanese/Caribbean culture).  My parents, especially my mom is not to cool with marrying an AA or a Haitian.  She has left over stereotypes from the Island.  I would also be more comfortable just because she would get me more and hopefully cook the food I like to eat.  @%%! FRIED CHICKEN! CURRY GOAT ALL DAY! I am not against marrying outside culture/race but I can def see positives from staying inside the culture.  There are also benefits of mixing.  The kid could grow up bilingual and multicultural and more accepting of other cultures.  It really depends on who ends up being "the one."

Honestly I really don't mind. I actually prefer mexicans, caucasian, or filipino and I'm asian. Pretty soon, after a few generations from now the majority of our population will be of mixed race anyways. It can't be helped. Not that I encourage it, but I just cant help it. Now I know there are the few traditional families that stick to only their race, more power to them.

And OP you racist...

HAAHAH jk

I seriously don't care of those relationships, as long as it's a boy and a girl.

But yes, I would have a problem if it was my kids.

Some of our Hispanic or my Mexican communities won't really accept it because of the religious beliefs.

My mom want me to marry a Catholic, for example if I marry a White chick that's Baptist she'd have to get baptized, do her first communion, confirmation, and understand the sacraments then i'll be able to marry her. Then my parents will be fine with it.

But some of my family members won't accept an African-American chick.

I still remember some white chick I know at achool was pregnant with a black dudes kid and her dad made her abort the baby because it was from a black guy.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I like latinas, but mainly white/caucasian female though.

Originally Posted by Strawberry Milkshakes

In this day and age, if my daughter can find someone who doesnt beat her, cheat on her, is educated, not in massive debt and has goals and aspirations in life then I'm only going to smile.

No matter the creed, color, hair, facial structure, eyesight or missing limbs

You're are missing the bigger picture.

this

love knows no color...you treat my kids right i'll love you too

I'd date women of all races and ethnicities so to deny my children the same privilege would make me a hypocrite

they must marry asian mother to produce successful grandchildren for their father. the greatest dynasty of all time
pimp.gif

This will probably not end well. But my opinion -

Basically the issue is not a race thing but more a culture thing.

I'm Greek and our traditions are important to me, do I want to marry a Greek girl? Yes. If the girl I fall for is not Greek but is of a similar culture then great (other Euros are quite similar). I have dated girls from other races and cultures, and the ones that worked well and broke up for other reasons were when we had a similar culture or similar family traditions.

I know the last relationship I was in didn't work because she was not of a similar culture, her family traditions were almost non-existent. She couldn't understand that I wanted to see my family and hang with them, it wasn't something I felt compelled to do. She left home when she was young and barely saw her family, her culture was different enough to mine that it didn't mesh well. We were of the same race but our cultures were very different.

I hope this makes sense.

I'm mixed and I like mixed women so I could care less about the racial make-up of my hypothetical child's mate....being a good person has NOTHING to do with that and that's who I would want my child to marry

damn is the office the best place to talk about that
laugh.gif

Anyway idc. My parents are 100% black. We can trace our roots back to slavery and my sister has dated white dudes (she's talking about marrying her current bf), it probably took them by surprise but they got over it. So If it was my kids, race wouldn't matter in the least. I love black girls, so bringing one home as a wife one day might make them happy, but I don't pick girls for their approval.

They know I've always leaned more towards frizzy haired spanish girls anyway.
pimp.gif

Ah.. the Annual NT Marrying Outside Your Race thread... what would NT be without it....

"..to keep our race going.." Really? REALLY? 
tired.gif

You guys kill me with the whole "She's lucky to find a good man that respects her blah blah blah"

If you raise your daughter right she will demand that respect and pick a quality man.  This thread is about race.  And I'm not gonna lie I would rather my daughter be with a black man.  As for my son, black or latina.  It sounds bad but at least I'm being real with ya'll.  It's not about disliking other races though.  It's about having a new family member that understands you, looks like you, and can really relate to you.  That's it really.  Every father would want there daughter to meet a man like themselves unless they are poor individuals.  Remember Bernie Mac on Guess Who and how crushed he was? Dude was making up lies at work talking about he was a Morehouse grad that played ball
laugh.gif
.  Same concept over here.   At the end of the day I'll love who they love but this topic is about preference.

Man I had a hilarious joke and gif for this topic but since you put "mature discussion" in the topic, I'll save it for next time.

And I wouldn't care

When it comes down to it, if you love your kids it shouldn't really matter what they choose to do, and really, it's not your choice or business as long as they're not being mistreated.

you know who else wanted to keep their race going?

hitler.

and i wouldn't care who race or sexual preference my kids married. as long as they find somebody they love and are comfortable living the rest of their life with.

and out of my house

Back
Top Bottom