NTers in "Tornado Alley" states be safe vol. "killer tornado outbreak" expected Saturday

For those of you who live in the flyover states aka Tornado Alley, the Weather Service is expecting 100s of deadly tornadoes tommorow all throughout the plains. They actually used words like "deadly, devastating, and life threatening," in the warnings which they only do 2wice a yr or so and last time they did was when those tornadoes ripped through and destroyed all those towns and even had casualties.

I live in Oklahoma about an hour south of OKC, a few "smaller" ones hit Norman today but they are expecting numerous tomorrow. I got tickets to Kevin Hart tommorow in OKC and a hotel room at the Sheraton too.
laugh.gif
I'm trying to decide if I should go anyways. I called Priceline and they were NOT trying to hear it in terms of giving me my money back.

For now, I am about to head to my parents' house. They have a safe room.

I wish you all the best.

http://www.weather.com/we...ere-storms-growing-26840

Been through my fair share of tornadoes down here in Bama. Not a fun experience
Be safe out there bros

I'm about 30 minutes east of okc. I got a sweet pic of a funnel cloud but it didn't touchdown. It headed the other way. We were suppose to hit up the Sacramento kings tonight but it wasn't happening. On tornado watch until 5am btw. Not sure how I'm gonna fit sleep in..

That's what I said, and he said the storm is 50,000 feet tall or approximately 9 miles. I'm hoping I don't come back Sunday morning and see my house no longer standing. They're predicting 2-3 inch hail too, which is crazy. I got caught on the interstate during a hail storm in Tuttle it was so big and coming down so forcefully it cracked the windshield in 3 places and caused over $8,000 in body damage to my mom's Chevy Malibu

I really wanted to goto the red-white game too
30t6p3b.gif

Should have stayed my butt in Chicago..

I live in Dallas, wonder if they'll reach over here as well...
Stay safe Tornado Alley Niketalk fam's!

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

had tornado's last week here in Lancaster/Dallas Tx�

was throwing 18-wheelers like marbles�
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

BE SAFE

That audio is crazy
laugh.gif
. It's like nature is ragin' to a helicopter pa system
pimp.gif

It's too bad that homes in tornado alley don't have basements. I've got relatives in Texas that have to use this tiny closet because they have a two-story house and the bathrooms are on the top floor. They have too many windows too...even in their bathrooms

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Been through my fair share of tornadoes down here in Bama. Not a fun experience
Be safe out there bros
You ain't ever lied.  I always wanted to see a tornado until last April 27 when I witnessed this....
Stay safe out there folks.  And follow Reed Timmer from TVN on Twitter, too.  Dude is like a walking weather radio and you know he'll be chasing these storms the next few days.  

This is the only second time in US history they've issued a "high" alert warning for severe weather more than 24 hours in advance

The last time it happened? Over 100 individual tornadoes formed.

I'm safe at moms'e'em's house now. Like dude said, less basements in these areas, in the case of Oklahoma it's because of hard clay soil. My mom's rent house has an actual tornado cellar though, you go to the backyard, open a door and go down the steps into it. When my dad had this house built, he just had his walk in closet built to be a safe room.

Originally Posted by djsani8

This is the only second time in US history they've issued a "high" alert warning for severe weather more than 24 hours in advance

The last time it happened? Over 100 individual tornadoes formed.
is this true ?? very interesting. good luck, be careful yall

I dont normally get bad feelings about things, but something about this is giving me a bad feeling...

Yo dudes I'm going to sleep. Hope to see yall when I wake up. Got the family dog on watch, but he's just as tired as I am
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by buggz05

Yo dudes I'm going to sleep. Hope to see yall when I wake up. Got the family dog on watch, but he's just as tired as I am
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
smokin.gif
tell lil buddy be alert!

We've been lucky so far in Little Rock with no tornadoes this year but it's only a matter of time....Ya'll be safe today guys.

Back
Top Bottom