NT'ers over 25, can I ask you a question?

My mom brings it up sometimes and tries to hook me up with randoms from church who I am never interested in. It doesn't bother me. It is a legit question.

And as far as women or everyone really, they do seem surprised when I tell them I don't have any kids

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

This is mainly for the ones without kids. How often are you asked that infamous question by parents, aunts, and other relatives:
"When are you gonna have some babies?"

or

"are you really gonna let me die and not give me a grandchild?" 
laugh.gif

Whats your response?

I am the oldest and most successful financially out of my siblings. Every member in my family ask when I plan on having children. My sister who is 6 years younger than I am already has 3. My two younger brothers are in their early to mid 20's, so they haven't been approached about it. My Dad seems to stress it the most. My answer is always the same, "I know in my heart that I wasn't cut out to be a parent. I am extremely hard on myself, critical and a perfectionist. I know if i were to have a child these traits would be overbearing and considered controlling. I believe individuals who are aware of this should be commended on this for having the foresight." After I hit them with that, they never ask again.
pimp.gif
 I respect you and your mom's view the whole marriage thing. 
Like FIRST_BORN, I raise a son vicariously through my nephew (only on days I babysit him 
laugh.gif
). I try and handle these situation nonchalantly because I refuse to get stressed out over these things. 

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

Originally Posted by got shoes

all the damn time!! Especially since i've been with my girl since 2003. I want kids, but she doesn't want any yet.

Just curious, how old are you? 2003 was a long time ago so i would'nt mind kids if I was in your situation too. 
early 30's. But i've been wanted kids a few years after we got together
laugh.gif

I say mother much like your favorite NBA player of all time.....my fadeaway game is perfect. Word to my sig.

Not all the time,but it happens.

They straight up get the "SSSSSSHHHHHHEEEEEEIT".

My mother understands that I'm not having children anytime soon because of my never ending educational journey, there simply isn't time for me to get settled--it's doable but she understands why I shouldn't.

Most people who ask me if I have kids shouldn't be having kids themselves (baby mamas with 4 kids at 27
ohwell.gif
). it may be a generational, cultural and socioeconomic thing but it is very difficult for professionals to start a family in this day and age. The days of graduating high school, settling down making money as a milk man while your wife stays home with the children are over. A lot of people in my position have to decide between their careers/education and starting a family.-Especially in this economy where getting a leg up on the competition is no easy task. People of lower socioeconomic status tend to have children earlier from my experience

I may be generalizing but it's something interesting to think about
nerd.gif

I don't anticipate children or marriage till 32ish

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Not all the time,but it happens.

They straight up get the "SSSSSSHHHHHHEEEEEEIT".
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

when am i going to get asked this question?

i'm 22

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

sidenote: this one girl said she think i would be immature cuz i dont have any kids.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I told my mom and other family members that I will never get married and never have kids. So, I have not been asked those questions in quite some time.

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

It's the opposite for me. My mom is always in my ear telling me "go visit your kids." I'm like damn isn't visiting your kids 5 to 6 times a year not counting their bdays and Xmas enough?

laugh.gif

for the first time ever, my mom (right after christmas dinner) ask when i was gonna bring a girl (llike a REAL girlfriend) home for dinner...i just laughed that S!!! off lol

im doin me, and enjoying it

I'm about to hit the big 3-0 soon and been getting pelted by that question every holiday season since I turned 25.

I had a longtime g/f too (On "hiatus"), so it bothered her more than it bothered me.

"When are you going to have kids?"
Me: "Why?"
Them: "It's time to start having kids!"
Me: "Who's time? Your time? Yes, maybe.  My time? No"
Them: "It's time to think of having a family?"
Me: "All of you with families don't seem to look very happy!"
Them:
frown.gif

I basically raised my nephew, he's 12 now, so I know some day I will be a good father.  Just not now, too many things I want to accomplish.

At 26 they ask you when you're getting married

At 35 they ask you wth happened to your marriage (s)

OMG.

My answer: Probably sometime in my 30's. Marriage is probably not happen, but it's hard to predict the future. 

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

My mom on the other hand told me to never get married and find a girl that is willing to be your g/f for the rest of your life.

My mom preaches this every day. My own personal life advice WOMAN tells me this. I listen. "Don't spend your money on them. Don't get married. Don't give them babies so they can steal your money from you."

Originally Posted by 916kings

Wow...try being in your mid 20's....and Indian!!!
Better make that biodata spiffy as hell son.  I'm in your situation but i'm west-indian so it's prob more lax than actual Indians.

Just turned 24 I've been getting asked this since I was 21, I don't see myself settling down til I'm atleast 27-28, I feel I'll have all the partying and creeping with females out of my system. Then I'll have some old war stories to tell to my son when he gets older about how his pops was a playa

Originally Posted by solefood229

Just turned 24 I've been getting asked this since I was 21, I don't see myself settling down til I'm atleast 27-28, I feel I'll have all the partying and creeping with females out of my system. Then I'll have some old war stories to tell to my son when he gets older about how his pops was a playa
pimp.gif
gotta have them stories for lil man

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I'm about to hit the big 3-0 soon and been getting pelted by that question every holiday season since I turned 25.

I had a longtime g/f too (On "hiatus"), so it bothered her more than it bothered me.

"When are you going to have kids?"
Me: "Why?"
Them: "It's time to start having kids!"
Me: "Who's time? Your time? Yes, maybe.  My time? No"
Them: "It's time to think of having a family?"
Me: "All of you with families don't seem to look very happy!"
Them:
frown.gif

I basically raised my nephew, he's 12 now, so I know some day I will be a good father.  Just not now, too many things I want to accomplish.

lmao. Cold blooded @ the sad face, fambs. Looking like ol girl that got them bourdeaux cookies.

Back
Top Bottom