NT'ers unemployed and looking for jobs

where have yall been applying at? I swear Im on craigslist 24/7 looking for a job. Been to a couple interviews but they all turned me down when they found out Im leaving for the Air Force. Next time Im just not gonna not say that part. 
Ive applied at GNC, supermarkets, pizza and deli spots nothin man smh
eyes.gif

where have yall been applying at? I swear Im on craigslist 24/7 looking for a job. Been to a couple interviews but they all turned me down when they found out Im leaving for the Air Force. Next time Im just not gonna not say that part. 
Ive applied at GNC, supermarkets, pizza and deli spots nothin man smh
eyes.gif

glad i have a job. after i graduated i started feeling like a bum when i wouldnt even get a call back after submitting all those apps online.
but do whatever it takes to get a job. just dont tell them youre giong to the air force. lie and say you wanna stay at that company forever
laugh.gif

glad i have a job. after i graduated i started feeling like a bum when i wouldnt even get a call back after submitting all those apps online.
but do whatever it takes to get a job. just dont tell them youre giong to the air force. lie and say you wanna stay at that company forever
laugh.gif

Graduated with a B.S. in Criminal Justice in 2008. Couldn't find a job until summer of 2009 (over a year unemployed). Still at the same miserable job, a juvenile detention unit. Now I'm currently looking HARD for a new job cause I can't stand where I'm at now.

Check www.indeed.com. It gathers search results from all major job boards and puts them on this one website. Pretty convenient. So you can just type keywords, like "security" for instance. It will give you all jobs with security in the title or description in your area from boards like monster.com, jobsite.com and so on.

Graduated with a B.S. in Criminal Justice in 2008. Couldn't find a job until summer of 2009 (over a year unemployed). Still at the same miserable job, a juvenile detention unit. Now I'm currently looking HARD for a new job cause I can't stand where I'm at now.

Check www.indeed.com. It gathers search results from all major job boards and puts them on this one website. Pretty convenient. So you can just type keywords, like "security" for instance. It will give you all jobs with security in the title or description in your area from boards like monster.com, jobsite.com and so on.

im going insane, my lack of job history is killing me i know it, but how am i sposed to add history if i cant even get an interview 
frown.gif

im going insane, my lack of job history is killing me i know it, but how am i sposed to add history if i cant even get an interview 
frown.gif

Luckily my fam owns a bakery so i have always worked there but family love to take advantage of their own so i had to get out and by luck i was leaving work and i was heading to my local mom and pop shop ( Hi Jinx)and the owner saw me outside and said "you wanna work?" im like HELL YEAH dude told me to come in the next day at 11. He blessed me with the job just because of my presence of always loungin in his store and talking to everyone even customers. In reality networking skills are key if you wanna make it anywhere in this world

Luckily my fam owns a bakery so i have always worked there but family love to take advantage of their own so i had to get out and by luck i was leaving work and i was heading to my local mom and pop shop ( Hi Jinx)and the owner saw me outside and said "you wanna work?" im like HELL YEAH dude told me to come in the next day at 11. He blessed me with the job just because of my presence of always loungin in his store and talking to everyone even customers. In reality networking skills are key if you wanna make it anywhere in this world

Originally Posted by ItsJaloppyDummy

Truth.

Originally Posted by ItsJaloppyDummy

Truth.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

frown.gif

word
i've gotten like 5 interviews out of the 800 jobs i've applied for.. and i kill every interview.. yet still, nothing. $$$! is infuriating
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

frown.gif

word
i've gotten like 5 interviews out of the 800 jobs i've applied for.. and i kill every interview.. yet still, nothing. $$$! is infuriating
30t6p3b.gif

4 interviews...3 were marketing/ commission positions (door to door salesman) that would damn near take a hour to get out to every day.....one was so called entry level out of those 3, didn't attend none of them, didn't think i  had what they were looking for (a degree).

the other was walgreens, uptown d.c.

oh and the last one was Aerotek....got a call but since i didn't have forklift experience I didn't get the gig.

but I still try.

4 interviews...3 were marketing/ commission positions (door to door salesman) that would damn near take a hour to get out to every day.....one was so called entry level out of those 3, didn't attend none of them, didn't think i  had what they were looking for (a degree).

the other was walgreens, uptown d.c.

oh and the last one was Aerotek....got a call but since i didn't have forklift experience I didn't get the gig.

but I still try.

Had a interview at a movie theater on the 23rd of March, but when I got there I found out that my interview wasn't scheduled until the next Wednesday (the 30th) but the manager there was nice and let me do my interview that day because there was a huge snow storm and apparently it showed initiative that I still came through 
laugh.gif

The hiring manager was on vacation so I'm hoping I should be hearing in the coming week

Had a interview at a movie theater on the 23rd of March, but when I got there I found out that my interview wasn't scheduled until the next Wednesday (the 30th) but the manager there was nice and let me do my interview that day because there was a huge snow storm and apparently it showed initiative that I still came through 
laugh.gif

The hiring manager was on vacation so I'm hoping I should be hearing in the coming week

i recently just got a job... i had a temp job from August to December and was looking for work since then... i was applying everywhere monster, craigslist and everywhere online... i had a couple interviews but it was a no go... i then got a interview last week and did really well and was confident i got the job... thank god they called me back...the only downfall is my job is 54 miles away and takes at least an hour and a half to get there... and i don't make that much money either but its pretty decent and has benefits...the lame part is my sister has an apartment thats like not even 5 minutes from my job and won't let me stay there temporarily until i found my own place so I'm stuck commuting 
30t6p3b.gif
and i forgot to add that I'm on a 2 week probation for them to evaluate me and hire me permanently but I'm not worried because i take my job seriously by not using my phone, not going on the internet and finishing all my work before the end of the day... i am just nervous about learning quick enough and not making mistakes...everyone here that is unemployed just hang in there and keep your head up... you will eventually find a job... don't give yourself a timetable and just keep on grinding by applying to jobs 5 days a week and going on interviews... and try not to stress about not having a job because that is not going to solve anything... try to be strong about it...

i recently just got a job... i had a temp job from August to December and was looking for work since then... i was applying everywhere monster, craigslist and everywhere online... i had a couple interviews but it was a no go... i then got a interview last week and did really well and was confident i got the job... thank god they called me back...the only downfall is my job is 54 miles away and takes at least an hour and a half to get there... and i don't make that much money either but its pretty decent and has benefits...the lame part is my sister has an apartment thats like not even 5 minutes from my job and won't let me stay there temporarily until i found my own place so I'm stuck commuting 
30t6p3b.gif
and i forgot to add that I'm on a 2 week probation for them to evaluate me and hire me permanently but I'm not worried because i take my job seriously by not using my phone, not going on the internet and finishing all my work before the end of the day... i am just nervous about learning quick enough and not making mistakes...everyone here that is unemployed just hang in there and keep your head up... you will eventually find a job... don't give yourself a timetable and just keep on grinding by applying to jobs 5 days a week and going on interviews... and try not to stress about not having a job because that is not going to solve anything... try to be strong about it...

Back
Top Bottom