NT'ers unemployed and looking for jobs

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood

and working overnight is poppin too...

tried this, and i couldnt even get that, i even wanted to do that!
did u not speak up at the group interview? i was the first to answer every question

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood

and working overnight is poppin too...

tried this, and i couldnt even get that, i even wanted to do that!
did u not speak up at the group interview? i was the first to answer every question

I work at a grocery store right now but the $%$% is straight misery.

Will be applying at Footaction or Footlocker soon.

I work at a grocery store right now but the $%$% is straight misery.

Will be applying at Footaction or Footlocker soon.

look for a city job in your local city's employment listing. I had a job working with kids paying $14/hour

look for a city job in your local city's employment listing. I had a job working with kids paying $14/hour

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

im going insane, my lack of job history is killing me i know it, but how am i sposed to add history if i cant even get an interview 
frown.gif

word
i've gotten like 5 interviews out of the 800 jobs i've applied for.. and i kill every interview.. yet still, nothing. $$$! is infuriating
30t6p3b.gif
dont give up

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

im going insane, my lack of job history is killing me i know it, but how am i sposed to add history if i cant even get an interview 
frown.gif

word
i've gotten like 5 interviews out of the 800 jobs i've applied for.. and i kill every interview.. yet still, nothing. $$$! is infuriating
30t6p3b.gif
dont give up

Originally Posted by RareAirBreeds23

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

home depot is hiring a lot of seasonal workers right now for the spring.

There's one up the street, ima go up there monday.

You have to apply online. Home depot is hiring a lot of people though. Got an interview on Wednesday at hat club so I hope that goes well. I have experience at lids so I should have the 1 up against other people.

Originally Posted by RareAirBreeds23

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

home depot is hiring a lot of seasonal workers right now for the spring.

There's one up the street, ima go up there monday.

You have to apply online. Home depot is hiring a lot of people though. Got an interview on Wednesday at hat club so I hope that goes well. I have experience at lids so I should have the 1 up against other people.

I graduated last June in mechanical engineering, and after interning until the end of October, I've been looking ever since. It's tough out there, but there seems like there could be a light at the end of the tunnel. I've been prepping for the FE exam for engineers, and I'm taking that next week. I've also had a few interviews, but none of them were jobs I truly had interest in. But last week, I finally caught a break when I got a call from Apple to set up an interview; it's a company I actually want to work for (in fact, it's near the top of my list), and I never would have thought they would be interested, especially given that I've been rejected from so many other jobs...it's going to be one hell of an opportunity, I'm going to do all I can to ensure I give myself the best chance to land that job. *crosses fingers*

As another poster said, Indeed is a pretty good site. You can set it up so they e-mail you a list of jobs that open up in your area; I always check that daily, and I've gotten a few phone interviews from that. Linkedin is good too; I've gotten an interview from a job posting there, and there are some smaller companies that will look at that. I'm not a fan of staffing services, because I think they take too much of your cut. I interviewed for a job in behalf of one, but once they told me I'd make 30K/yr for an engineering job, I bounced immediately. Given the average for engineers starting is ~50K, that's at least 20K (or 40%) of the pay they're taking
30t6p3b.gif

I graduated last June in mechanical engineering, and after interning until the end of October, I've been looking ever since. It's tough out there, but there seems like there could be a light at the end of the tunnel. I've been prepping for the FE exam for engineers, and I'm taking that next week. I've also had a few interviews, but none of them were jobs I truly had interest in. But last week, I finally caught a break when I got a call from Apple to set up an interview; it's a company I actually want to work for (in fact, it's near the top of my list), and I never would have thought they would be interested, especially given that I've been rejected from so many other jobs...it's going to be one hell of an opportunity, I'm going to do all I can to ensure I give myself the best chance to land that job. *crosses fingers*

As another poster said, Indeed is a pretty good site. You can set it up so they e-mail you a list of jobs that open up in your area; I always check that daily, and I've gotten a few phone interviews from that. Linkedin is good too; I've gotten an interview from a job posting there, and there are some smaller companies that will look at that. I'm not a fan of staffing services, because I think they take too much of your cut. I interviewed for a job in behalf of one, but once they told me I'd make 30K/yr for an engineering job, I bounced immediately. Given the average for engineers starting is ~50K, that's at least 20K (or 40%) of the pay they're taking
30t6p3b.gif

im thinking about finishing getting my associates and then joining the service..

im thinking about finishing getting my associates and then joining the service..

Back
Top Bottom