NT'ers with AT&T have you just upgraded your phone? Waive that Activation Fee!

My mom and my brother bought their iPhone 5's on release date. Today I went onto AT&T chat and simply asked to have the upgrade fees waived, I think if your account is in good standing and you've been paying on time you'll qualify regardless of the phone.

Mary Ann Williams: Thank you for using AT&T Chat Support! I will be more than glad to assist you today, Mr. Humpasaurus Rex
Humpasaurus Rex: Good evening. I recently signed a 2 year contract extension and upgraded to a new iPhone. For tow lines and I was hoping I could have my upgrade fee waived or credited to my account?
Humpasaurus Rex tow=two
Mary Ann Williams: I would check with my manager for approval.
Humpasaurus Rex: Thank you Mary Ann.
Mary Ann Williams: But just a heads up Mr Humpasaurus Rex, that the upgrade fee is to allow us to assist customers with recommending new equipment, offering special offers and discounts, providing assistance with the upgrade process if needed, and supporting the returns process within 14 days. These specialized processes help us to ensure you are satisfied with your new equipment, and are ready to use it the day you receive it. The upgrade fee allows us to defray some of these additional service costs.
Humpasaurus Rex: I did not know that, thank you for informing me.
Mary Ann Williams: No problem. I just need to verify when did you process the upgrade?
Humpasaurus Rex: It was on launch date, of the phone let me check my records.
Mary Ann Williams: Take your time.
Humpasaurus Rex: Sorry they were both purchased on September 21st.
Mary Ann Williams: No problem.
Mary Ann Williams: Total Credit: $86.20.
Humpasaurus Rex: Thank you Mary Ann!

It was that simple. :D

LMK if you have success. 8)

That's why I love AT&T.

I have a premier account and they go out of their way to make sure I'm happy.

Had a $700+ data roaming charge (went to Toronto for the weekend) wipe off.
smokin.gif

That's why I love AT&T.

I have a premier account and they go out of their way to make sure I'm happy.

Had a $700+ data roaming charge (went to Toronto for the weekend) wipe off. :smokin

How would you have avoided the roaming charge in the first place? By turning off your phone?

Damn. It's that easy for at&t? I wonder if this will work for Verizon also.

I just had to do it. She credited me 42.36 to the Government plan I am on. Just bought a refurbed Iphone 4s and knew that they never charged that when I did upgrades.

Thank you for the info. I will do this tomorrow. I hope they waive the fees for 3 upgrades.

it is easy as hell to work AT&T

I got a $100 credit because they didnt get me my iPhone 5 on time, I got a $50 credit because I found out a tower was down in my work's town

all you need to be is civil...people who yell and get angry get no where; believe me I am a master at this craft

Back
Top Bottom