NTers with nice hairlines / barbers- help me out vol. ashy sideburn edges

you just gotta invest in some clippers and maintain your own line every couple of days. let the barber line you up when you get a cut, then just edge yourselfup as needed.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

laugh.gif
I live in Oklahoma and I go to Asian shops and pay 7$
My man is still paying booster seat prices
laugh.gif

For $7 your haircut shouldn't even include a line up and side burns.

like someone else said, straight edge razor is the key. I've been lining myself up with a straight edge for a while now and it gets rid of the shadowtemporarily, they cut mad close

Originally Posted by SnkrFrk

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

told her don't even bother tapering or anything on the side, just leave it natural and I let my sideburns go to just slightly passed my ears.

There's you problem.

nerd.gif
If you on the East Coast.. hit up a Rican or Dominican shop.

10gih7d.gif

cutting on the left of that white line...wouldn it make they grey area(shadow) be on that side?

same deal:s

is learning a straight edge worth it

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Son, for 7$ you get the cut, and then they give you this lame massage afterwards for like 5 minutes that I alway just interrupt and be like,"Nah, I'm good, I gotta get back to work." In fact, they even have a "Suzy's Bath House and Massage Parlor," in the back whererumor has it Suzy'n'em will love you long time. Suzy's a hustler, no BS. It's a barber shop, massage/bath house shop, nail shop, urbanbeauty/clothing store, all in the same building all operated by the same few Asian women. She pushes a Lex for a reason.

They go to the best B-shops cause famous people go to or have their own personal pro barbers..+

Tell her to stop using those basic barber school tactics of taking your edge up back and to just shape up your natural line and if excess hair comes up thatyou dont want then take your clippers and clean it up..

OneLifeLoveKing wrote:

is learning a straight edge worth it
yes. i edge myself up all the time now and don't need to reach the barbershop ever. just gotta be mad careful with it though

You need a barber that uses a razor it sounds like. It keeps the hair much lower than with clippers alone.
31FJB528DCL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

some one please explain all these hair cut names to me. Ive always been fasinated, I think its a NY thing but the black ceasar and theres bout 7 or 8 other Iforget there names now. Imma need a visual of each "style". Ive never heard anyone around hear use any of them. On the other hand IDK anyone with anice haircut that "cheats" on there barber. I been goin to mine fer almost 10 years now. you aint even got to say anything they know what to do whenyou sit down.

like others said, straight edge the line up and you'll be aight for a couple of days. other barbers i went to use something like a Braun shaver though andit cuts close enough. kinda hard if you're trying to do your hairline though.

fam you want a bald taper, so you no longer have sideburns. its like a mini fade from your sideburns to mid ear.

otherwise start learning how to line yourself up. in between cuts.

but a T-outliner, and learn how to manuever with it.

depending on what part of your head your cutting your gonna need to adjust the way your positioning the liner.

you're only real solution is using the straight razor like others suggested. If you adjust you're t-outliners, they should be cutting pretty darn closealready, but the straight razor will shave even closer and prolong the regrowth period. Either that or go get some laser hair removal
laugh.gif

Urban Non-Black barbers cut black peoples hair good as hell because they have something to prove...
laugh.gif

Black barbers Live by the "Loyalty" code and think they cant get dropped, so sometimes they slack off on the tapers and linings...

....I'll drop my barber in a HEART BEAT if he jags my ishh...

i think a lot of black males have this problem. i go over my sideburns everyday with my andis outliner clippers...and it keeps my line-up looking fresh untilmy next haircut (i get a cut every 2 weeks, and usually the last 2 days or so my line may look a little jacked...but for the majority of the time it looksfresh). i would suggest going over it with your clippers each morning from the time you see initial regrowth.

also, over time you'll get better with the clippers. i wasn't that great with my left hand at first, but after doing it for the last few years it'slike second nature to me now. good luck...

-waystinthyme

Well my barber uses a blade to cut the little baby hair next to my sideburns.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Son, for 7$ you get the cut, and then they give you this lame massage afterwards for like 5 minutes that I alway just interrupt and be like, "Nah, I'm good, I gotta get back to work." In fact, they even have a "Suzy's Bath House and Massage Parlor," in the back where rumor has it Suzy'n'em will love you long time. Suzy's a hustler, no BS. It's a barber shop, massage/bath house shop, nail shop, urban beauty/clothing store, all in the same building all operated by the same few Asian women. She pushes a Lex for a reason.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom