Top 5 RNB
1.Weeknd
2.PND
3.Torey
4.Chris Brown
5.Tiller
*franck ocean?

Last edited:
Those are pretty good lists for real. Kodak is ahead of Yachty though, people actually talk about Kodak's music.

And Kendrick gotta be #1 right now.

Kodak ain't a mumble rapper.

I **** with Kodak, he can rap and he puts substance in his music but dude been on the mumble wave heavy lately.

Last edited:
Kendrick gotta be #1....considering he has the highest charting rap single and sold the most this year. I really hate the term "mumble rap" [emoji]128553[/emoji] :lol:. But as of 2017....the hottest "rappers" overall right now are:

1. Kendrick
2. Future
3. Drake
4. Big Sean
5. Quavo
6. Lil Uzi
7. Kodak Black
8. Travis Scott
9. Gucci Mane
10. YFN Lucci

I'll do my "spitters" and new street rappers list later. Those take a lil more thought.

Stop it Wavy. :lol: Lucci ain't hotter than Chance or Chainz or Meek.

What Meek drop in 2017? One single and some loosies?

Until he drops his new joint...then he'll bounce in there. But we just got snippets and a single he dropped last week.

Meanwhile, that Long Live Nut EP is in heavy rotation....and everyday we lit is on its way to platinum and the top 40.

I forgot about Chance though. Has he dropped anything in 2017?

Last edited:
Kendrick gotta be #1....considering he has the highest charting rap single and sold the most this year. I really hate the term "mumble rap" [emoji]128553[/emoji] :lol:. But as of 2017....the hottest "rappers" overall right now are:

1. Kendrick
2. Future
3. Drake
4. Big Sean
5. Quavo
6. Lil Uzi
7. Kodak Black
8. Travis Scott
9. Gucci Mane
10. YFN Lucci

I'll do my "spitters" and new street rappers list later. Those take a lil more thought.

I can't put Kendrick 1 because Damn and the Mask off freestyle aint enough. We need way more music. Damn aint gonna hold fans for two more years once he decides to drop again.

He needs to back with Dr.Dre so he can get that magic back. Not saying he not spitting but his music is missing something

I think im odded out by every single list thats been posted.

is this just NT or real life? or are these are just peoples personal preferences and not trying to get close to a consensus?

Either way im surprised at the order... especially the spitters

I can't put Kendrick 1 because Damn and the Mask off freestyle aint enough. We need way more music. Damn aint gonna hold fans for two more years once he decides to drop again.

He needs to back with Dr.Dre so he can get that magic back. Not saying he not spitting but his music is missing something

Dog....you tripping :lol:

Kendrick got the highest selling album, highest charting single in 2017 of any rapper.

You said hottest of 2017. Idk how you can be any hotter than that. The **** went platinum in like 2 weeks with a #1 single that's currently charting a few spots better than Mask Off.

Future my favorite out....but Kendrick is undoubtly #1 right now

Until he drops his new joint...then he'll bounce in there. But we just got snippets and a single he dropped last week.

Meanwhile, that Long Live Nut EP is in heavy rotation....and everyday we lit is on its way to platinum and the top 40.

Meek dropped Litty ,They know the difference Left Hollywood. Wins and losses bout to set the Summer on fire.

Chance aint dropped but he got all eyes on him , the anticipation for his next project is extremely high

I think im odded out by every single list thats been posted.

is this just NT or real life? or are these are just peoples personal preferences and not trying to get close to a consensus?

Either way im surprised at the order... especially the spitters

It's real life. Go outside, check billboard, YouTube, turn on the radio, check social media etc. Those are the guys making an impact as "the hottest" halfway thru 2017.

Kendrick got the highest selling album, highest charting single in 2017 of any rapper.

You said hottest of 2017. Idk how you can be any hotter than that. The **** went platinum in like 2 weeks with a #1 single that's currently charting a few spots better than Mask Off.

Kendrick my dude, but look Cole did like 500k in December first week--, by that alone if we did hottest 2017 that alone wouldve been enough momentum to carty him as hot 2017 but what else we gonna get?

Mask off aint a single. It happened to be a classic Future song that organically became a single.

Be humble aint Swimming Pools it aint ***** dont my vibe. Its cool but whos really spinning that like those songs i mentioned.

But you right i can def see Kendrick #1 but whats next Black Hippies? Cole and Kendrick album? Another cd? A mixtape? How do you keep that spot?

Meek dropped Litty ,They know the difference Left Hollywood. Wins and losses bout to set the Summer on fire.

Chance aint dropped but he got all eyes on him , the anticipation for his next project is extremely high

Yes. I don't even listen to Chance but dude is killing it right now. People are not paying attention to Lucci more than Chance or Meek or Chainz. Wavy just wanted to sneak him in at 10. :lol:

Kendrick my dude, but look Cole did like 500k in December first week--, by that alone if we did hottest 2017 that alone wouldve been enough momentum to carty him as hot 2017 but what else we gonna get?

Mask off aint a single. It happened to be a classic Future song that organically became a single.

Be humble aint Swimming Pools it aint ***** dont my vibe. Its cool but whos really spinning that like those songs i mentioned.

But you right i can def see Kendrick #1 but whats next Black Hippies? Cole and Kendrick album? Another cd? A mixtape? How do you keep that spot?

Kendrick album came out in April. It's the beginning of June. Humble gets heavy air play...and is the theme song to the NBA finals.

You're sleep on how recent and big Damn is commercially.

Humble was or is #1 on billboard bruh. That song is all over TV. Swimming Pools wasn't this big. Kendrick has checked every box this year. Lyrical, mainstream success, sells, big single.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom