NT's fav player might be heading to China

Allen Iverson could continue his career in China. The35-year-old guard is in talks with Foshan (the new name of Shaanxi)for the next season, according to sources from the Chinese team.Iverson, still a free agent after not signing a contract with anyNBA team, would have a "strong desire" to play in the CBA. The2000-01 MVP averaged last season 13.9 points and 4.1 assists pergame for the Philadelphia 76ers, before leaving the club due topersonal reasons in February.

allen_iverson.jpg

Allen Iverson could continue his career in China. The35-year-old guard is in talks with Foshan (the new name of Shaanxi)for the next season, according to sources from the Chinese team.Iverson, still a free agent after not signing a contract with anyNBA team, would have a "strong desire" to play in the CBA. The2000-01 MVP averaged last season 13.9 points and 4.1 assists pergame for the Philadelphia 76ers, before leaving the club due topersonal reasons in February.

allen_iverson.jpg

I'd like to see him get a ring in the NBA before it's all said and done, but that's not looking too likely. China is a good look for him. He's going to make more next year than he would playing in the NBA. He's a bigger star than Marbury, and look at all the success he's had. There are a lot of opportunities for AI to cash in both on/off the court in Asia.

I'd like to see him get a ring in the NBA before it's all said and done, but that's not looking too likely. China is a good look for him. He's going to make more next year than he would playing in the NBA. He's a bigger star than Marbury, and look at all the success he's had. There are a lot of opportunities for AI to cash in both on/off the court in Asia.

He better get his mind right before he plays overseas. I can't even imagine the kind of trouble he could find himself in over there. But then again, Starbury's doing fine. Still can't believe there isn't at least one desperate team out there willing to give him a shot, though. He must really be hard up for the money, because this is an embarrassment.
ohwell.gif

He better get his mind right before he plays overseas. I can't even imagine the kind of trouble he could find himself in over there. But then again, Starbury's doing fine. Still can't believe there isn't at least one desperate team out there willing to give him a shot, though. He must really be hard up for the money, because this is an embarrassment.
ohwell.gif

That's Iverson in a nutshell. Nevermind China, dude would rather play in Afghanistan as a first option where he could shoot 30 times per game than be a role player in the NBA.

That's Iverson in a nutshell. Nevermind China, dude would rather play in Afghanistan as a first option where he could shoot 30 times per game than be a role player in the NBA.

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

ohwell.gif
if hes broke which i dont know how that would happen but if he is then he just needs to off himself
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

ohwell.gif
if hes broke which i dont know how that would happen but if he is then he just needs to off himself
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Not necessarily. He'd get $6M from Reebok if he's in the NBA, as per his "lifetime deal."

Hard to imagine he'd see that much in China, unless of course he signs with PEAK, which I wouldn't entirely rule out either.

Not necessarily. He'd get $6M from Reebok if he's in the NBA, as per his "lifetime deal."

Hard to imagine he'd see that much in China, unless of course he signs with PEAK, which I wouldn't entirely rule out either.

He has nothing left to accomplish, what's the point of him trying to piggy back someone for a ring...Let him go get that money cause lord knows he prolly needs it.

He has nothing left to accomplish, what's the point of him trying to piggy back someone for a ring...Let him go get that money cause lord knows he prolly needs it.

It was probably Marbury's idea since they're good friends 
laugh.gif

Marbury is enjoying the life over there at China.
laugh.gif

It was probably Marbury's idea since they're good friends 
laugh.gif

Marbury is enjoying the life over there at China.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SNKR INDSTRY JOSHBASKIN

U don't think he'd top 6 million in TOTAL earnings in China?  Look at Marbury's star power?  Iverson would be that, x10.  Let him hook up w. Li Ning and other endorsers, and I'm sure (on top of his b-ball salary) he'd be making more than what he would in the states at this point in his life. 

Originally Posted by SNKR INDSTRY JOSHBASKIN

U don't think he'd top 6 million in TOTAL earnings in China?  Look at Marbury's star power?  Iverson would be that, x10.  Let him hook up w. Li Ning and other endorsers, and I'm sure (on top of his b-ball salary) he'd be making more than what he would in the states at this point in his life. 

Back
Top Bottom