NT's Geek Squad: Router Help Needed

I got a router problem, been trying to set this #%#@ up with no luck.

- Have a Linksy's E2000 router
- Go through the installation process
- Error message: Gateway is not recognized as a router, something along those lines.

I have Time Warner, and I am trying to avoid getting their wireless router, it's free but they will charge me $5 a month
sick.gif

Spoiler [+]
Any help will be appreciated <3

I got a router problem, been trying to set this #%#@ up with no luck.

- Have a Linksy's E2000 router
- Go through the installation process
- Error message: Gateway is not recognized as a router, something along those lines.

I have Time Warner, and I am trying to avoid getting their wireless router, it's free but they will charge me $5 a month
sick.gif

Spoiler [+]
Any help will be appreciated <3

"

Most of the Wireless Routers are very easy to setup with. Just choose DHCP mode for the connection type. But in Time Warner cable, you will have to change MAC address settings. What is MAC? That is not an Apple computer, but Media Access Control address. You don’t have to know what that is.

In default, Wireless Routers will be using default MAC address. But Time Warner Cable internet wants routers to use computer’s MAC address. So what you need to do is to find out where this setting related to MAC Address is, and change it into “Use Computer’ MAC address

"

Most of the Wireless Routers are very easy to setup with. Just choose DHCP mode for the connection type. But in Time Warner cable, you will have to change MAC address settings. What is MAC? That is not an Apple computer, but Media Access Control address. You don’t have to know what that is.

In default, Wireless Routers will be using default MAC address. But Time Warner Cable internet wants routers to use computer’s MAC address. So what you need to do is to find out where this setting related to MAC Address is, and change it into “Use Computer’ MAC address

when all else fails maybe Linksys has a toll free help line? 50% of the time the analyst that answers the phone will be no help. So hopefully you get someone decent that answers your call and knows what they're talking about.

when all else fails maybe Linksys has a toll free help line? 50% of the time the analyst that answers the phone will be no help. So hopefully you get someone decent that answers your call and knows what they're talking about.

Funny thing is that I've seen that article/blog before.  I've setup wireless routers for friends and fam, it was cake.  They didn't have TWRR though, and I heard it's a pain in the $@@ to set up 3rd party routers via a TW modem, 
ohwell.gif

Spoiler [+]
Sadly, Verizon FiOS is not an option

Funny thing is that I've seen that article/blog before.  I've setup wireless routers for friends and fam, it was cake.  They didn't have TWRR though, and I heard it's a pain in the $@@ to set up 3rd party routers via a TW modem, 
ohwell.gif

Spoiler [+]
Sadly, Verizon FiOS is not an option

0/2, both were pretty much useless. 
laugh.gif

Have you reset your modem?
Yes.

0/2, both were pretty much useless. 
laugh.gif

Have you reset your modem?
Yes.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

It's an Ambit cable modem, provided by TW.
Are they also charging you to lease the router too?  If TW routers are really as hard to work with as you say, I would recommend just getting a Motorola Surfboard.  I have one for Cox and it has worked fairly well.  My connection goes out every 2-3 weeks, but after a 2 minute reset of the router and modem, everything works smoothly again.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

It's an Ambit cable modem, provided by TW.
Are they also charging you to lease the router too?  If TW routers are really as hard to work with as you say, I would recommend just getting a Motorola Surfboard.  I have one for Cox and it has worked fairly well.  My connection goes out every 2-3 weeks, but after a 2 minute reset of the router and modem, everything works smoothly again.

Back
Top Bottom