NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Originally Posted by AR Guy

Finally got around to take some pics of my AR

I want to get an Aimpoint and a XD9 this July or August.
Loving the Flat Dark Earth MagPul accessories. Definitely a good look for the M-16/M-4 type weapons. Ahh an Aimpoint. Want a good debate...then ask some gun dudes about Aimpoint versus Eotech
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. Nice setup though.

Originally Posted by anabolic dunk

I'm looking to purchase my 1st shotgun. Narrowed down my choices to a remington 870 or mossberg 590. Trained with both, feel comfortable with both, just trying to decide between the 2. Anybody have either? Likes/dislikes?
Mossberg 500A > *

Mossberg 500A > *

I beg to differ on my behalf.  Aluminum receiver, cheap tang safety and trigger guard, rattles, clucky pump-action, and overall cheap feel to it.  Thats why I sold my Persuader to get my 870 Police.  Heavy milled steel receiver, butter smooth pump, steel trigger guard, beautiful polished blued finish. Though I admit when I had a heat shield on my mossy it looked BOSS. 
My old Mossberg 500 7+1

2672680071_a99f1d4184_o.jpg

Sold for my 870 Riot

3908253982_4703f1fe6f_o.jpg

3908253908_dbe594aa33_o.jpg

Does anyone here have experience with Kel Tec or this gun in particular? Reliable? Worth the $280?

I can vouch for Keltec from my personal experience.  I carry a 1st generation hard chromed P32 as my BUG(BackUpGun), as far as I know it is the lighest commerically avaliable .32ACP in market.  Having played with both the P32 and the P3AT, size and weight is very minimal.  My .32 goes bang everytime I squeeze the trigger, I practice with it at 7yrds max hitting center mass damn near everytime, whether its single shots or mag dumps.  With such a short barrel trying to hit anything beyond 15yds accurate would require some Godly skills.  Another option is the Ruger LCP which is also $280 from aimsurplus.com, though the first batch of LCPs did have a lot of problems I think Ruger has fixed the bugs in the design. 

My killtec

28k4js9.jpg

Cant leave home without it (old pic, note the tmobile shadow)

smx746.jpg

man, i would LOVE to have a gun, but knowing myself i would prolly use it
tired.gif

also,
eek.gif
at some of your collections... you guys ready for them zombies huh?

I live in NC and am waiting on my papers for my permit now.

Just need one for home/personal protection but looking on here looks like they are addictive
laugh.gif

Really interested in a 5-6 shot revolver.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Finally got around to take some pics of my AR

I want to get an Aimpoint and a XD9 this July or August.
Loving the Flat Dark Earth MagPul accessories. Definitely a good look for the M-16/M-4 type weapons. Ahh an Aimpoint. Want a good debate...then ask some gun dudes about Aimpoint versus Eotech
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. Nice setup though.
laugh.gif
Yeah it's all personal preference. I just prefer the simple red dot of an Aimpoint to the Eotech's reticule. But both are great optics

Originally Posted by ualreadyknow23

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

edit... i want to get a hand gun within the next three months ... what would you guys prefer for a home defense starter pistol? i want something that is easy to load/shoot/accessorize and have experience with a glock .40 cal but i dont really know much about handguns ... any suggestions?
Me personally, I swear by Springfield XD. I feel they are a lot better than Glocks in grip size, packaging, etc.  They recently just start spinning out the Springfield XDm line. Deeper grooves in the grip, extended clip holds more. They have a 9mm and .40 cal right now, u should check them out. Anybody at a gun shop will tell you the same thing, that for the money (they are cheaper than Glocks as well) you can't find a finer piece of machinery.  The guy at my local gun shop told me that it's rare to find any used XD's because ppl never sell them back
laugh.gif
and I believe him b/c I don't think I'll ever sell my .45acp XD, not many .45's can get a 13+1 round capacity
pimp.gif
Love my XD...

I'm thinking about checking out the new 3.8 inch XDM in stainless but Elder, that Beretta you posted is calling my name.  I've been wanting a 92FS for so long man
smh.gif

On a side note I found an H&K MP5 the other day at a gun show here in town for $430.  Correct me if I'm wrong but don't MP5's go for $10k plus???

- Preciate it.

Awesome XD!! The XD is was actually a Croatian manufactured weapon originally, and went by a different name a few years ago...then Springfield took over distribution and renamed it the XD.

Really though, a MP5 for $430??? Wow, I think I'd have to to scoop that up provided it was in good condition. Yes they are expensive. My shop in Raleigh NC has them to rent and If I'm not mistaken they cost on the north side of 5K with a Class III license.

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

17a353baebb653d0759d1514aa8b2e2f3300b39.pjpg

63b35fd6e7c2512b7069154fad58e0b748fe78e.pjpg

from my iphone last weekend

This is an example of a complete firearm collection. At least one handgun, one shotgun, and one rifle. I spy 2 match grade 1911's a stainless Glock, a Mossberg (I may be off on that), and a NICE M4/AR  with what seems like a laser aiming module. I also see that Shemagh. Seems like Operator gear to me. Hmm.

laugh.gif
Yeah it's all personal preference. I just prefer the simple red dot of an Aimpoint to the Eotech's reticule. But both are great optics

No doubt. You can't go wrong with a Aimpoint, Eotech, OR an ACOG. I am going to get the 3x magnifier for my Eotech so I can be able to ID targets positively out further. I also co-witness my backup sights to my reticle so that no matter what I can be on target, even if the batteries go dead or the reticle washes out in super bright light.

206, just curious, what is your favorite in your collection?

whats the laws in illinois....specifally park forest il??? im moving there & i need heat for the crib.......

I don't know much about guns, but my dad gave this to me as a present when I graduated college.
5pigzk.jpg

My absolute favorite is my Norinco NHM-90(AK-47) because it was my first real "mean looking" rifle.  I paid $210 for it along with 1 polytech 75rd drum which alone is a $200+ value, two 5rd mags, 1 30rd mag, and 100rds of Chinese Norinco steel core ammo.  If you check prices on an NHM on gunbroker, they go for atleast $500, and a legally and tastefully debanned rifle will fetch at least $700.  Chinese made AK's are arguably one of the best AKs you can get, really, preban Norincos and Polytechs are some of the most sought after and considered the "cadillacs" of AK47s, right beneath the type 3 milled Russian AK-47.

I really like weapons of the cold war.  AK's, Cetme's, Fals.  Wood grips and all.
smokin.gif

I like my ARs, rails, foregrips, eotechs, and such but I got a soft spot for wood stocks and old school appeal.

4515614583_a9b4b2acbc_o.jpg

4516250664_bc61e41791_o.jpg

Next to my Romanian PSL

3882065975_fcdffef5c5_o.jpg

I dont know a damn thing about guns, I cruise these threads whenever I see them on page 1. But that fact that you can say thigns like "great wood furniture on there" makes it all the fresher. Maybe one day, but IM in LA so its almost not worth it with all the laws.

I have a question for you guys:

I know nothing about guns, but my dad has several old pistols that he'd like me to sell for him. The thing is, I have no idea how to go about this. I obviously can't sell em on ebay. He was told by his friend that one is worth about 800-1400, and 2 others worth about 400 each. Can someone point me where to go to get rid of em? Def not gonna take em to the pawn shop.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

edit... i want to get a hand gun within the next three months ... what would you guys prefer for a home defense starter pistol? i want something that is easy to load/shoot/accessorize and have experience with a glock .40 cal but i dont really know much about handguns ... any suggestions?
Me personally, I swear by Springfield XD. I feel they are a lot better than Glocks in grip size, packaging, etc.  They recently just start spinning out the Springfield XDm line. Deeper grooves in the grip, extended clip holds more. They have a 9mm and .40 cal right now, u should check them out. Anybody at a gun shop will tell you the same thing, that for the money (they are cheaper than Glocks as well) you can't find a finer piece of machinery.  The guy at my local gun shop told me that it's rare to find any used XD's because ppl never sell them back
laugh.gif
and I believe him b/c I don't think I'll ever sell my .45acp XD, not many .45's can get a 13+1 round capacity
pimp.gif
I just bought my first handgun...never even fired a gun before...i went with Springfield Armory XD 45....i have only put 50 rounds through it, but really like it.

Originally Posted by Rapsteady1

I don't know much about guns, but my dad gave this to me as a present when I graduated college.
5pigzk.jpg
Well your dad gave you an excellent sidearm as a graduation present. Those H&K's look heavy but are really light, and they are also very accurate. As a matter of fact that is a version of the pistol that was used for the Mark 23 SOCOM Offensive pistol. Have you put any rounds through it?

Originally Posted by Seattle206

My absolute favorite is my Norinco NHM-90(AK-47) because it was my first real "mean looking" rifle.  I paid $210 for it along with 1 polytech 75rd drum which alone is a $200+ value, two 5rd mags, 1 30rd mag, and 100rds of Chinese Norinco steel core ammo.  If you check prices on an NHM on gunbroker, they go for atleast $500, and a legally and tastefully debanned rifle will fetch at least $700.  Chinese made AK's are arguably one of the best AKs you can get, really, preban Norincos and Polytechs are some of the most sought after and considered the "cadillacs" of AK47s, right beneath the type 3 milled Russian AK-47.

I really like weapons of the cold war.  AK's, Cetme's, Fals.  Wood grips and all.
smokin.gif

I like my ARs, rails, foregrips, eotechs, and such but I got a soft spot for wood stocks and old school appeal.

4515614583_a9b4b2acbc_o.jpg

4516250664_bc61e41791_o.jpg

Next to my Romanian PSL

3882065975_fcdffef5c5_o.jpg

Ok, that's what's up. Well I mean Kalashnikov created one of the most feared and recognized weapons in the world with the AK design. One thing they are going to do in almost any condition is shoot. May not be as accurate as the American designs, but the power of that 7.62 and reliability is to be respected. But is that a Dragunuv with the "OEM" long range scope that I spy? Awesome. I am surprised you don't have a Krinkov with the funnel looking flash suppressor.

Edited to add: Ok that's the PSL. Similar looking to the Dragunuv.

Originally Posted by pdoggy85

I have a question for you guys:

I know nothing about guns, but my dad has several old pistols that he'd like me to sell for him. The thing is, I have no idea how to go about this. I obviously can't sell em on ebay. He was told by his friend that one is worth about 800-1400, and 2 others worth about 400 each. Can someone point me where to go to get rid of em? Def not gonna take em to the pawn shop.
If you're in Cali, check out Calguns.net forums. Lots of great info over there and the people are cool

Maybe someone in here would know.

I know a person who came up on a Marine issue M40 rifle.  It's definitely been used but past that I can't get out of him exactly how he came up on it.
laugh.gif

When people ask, he tells them that it's a replica.

How difficult/easy is it to come up on a real Marine issue M40? Are M40's on sale reg ( low key of course)?

btw, that thing is accurate. We went to the range and someone asked him where he got the M40. He responded that it was a replica. The guy said it was too accurate to be a replica.
laugh.gif
  Are M40's significantly more accurate that sniper rifles accessible to the civilians?

idk either way as I know next to nothing about firearms. All I know, is that it is a real M40 and it's been "used" (per his words).

I live in arizona, and there is this new law that you can legally carry a concealed weapon without a permit I think. Does anyone know if this means that I can simply just go to a gun shop and buy a hand gun, and walk outside with it hidden? I have no felonies btw.

Back
Top Bottom