NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

And all I want is a glock
frown.gif

@cafinest23
We can we just have to make them compliant (ie pinned muzzle brake, pinned/fixed stock, 15 round mags) and I'd rather not spend 2 grand and then do all that to it.

As far as optics are concerned it depends what you want to do with it. But IMO unless it's a dedicated long range shooter you should get proficient with your irons and then consider a red dot sight. My recommendation would be for an Aim point PRO.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

did the wood ebony, i think it looks good.  two coats of stain, one coat poly, sand and another coat of poly.  going shooting tomorrow.

before

now

can't get a good pic where you can see the grain so heres a macro shot.
Damb

pimp.gif

Living that real LPC life

laugh.gif
bout to pick up a moonstone next.
pimp.gif

my gun shop just called me 10 minutes ago frantic as hell.  i didn't sign my permit to purchase and they didn't catch that so he's freaking out. they'll probably hang him out to dry if he gets caught since he should have caught it.
laugh.gif
  i gotta go in and sign it so he can get a new photocopy.

I'm going to use the iron sights first, but I'm not trying to spend $500 on an optic sight. This carbine will just be used for some classes and plinkling. I can't use an AR as a home defense weapon in Cali.

Aim point pro is $350
If you want something more affordable check out vortex line of red dot sights (sparc and strike fire)

Alright fellas so I recieved my lower today and just purchased a complete upper from a guy who hand builds them in LA.

Here are the specs

M4A3 Flat Top

• 5.56 Chamber Chrome Molly with a 1/9,
DID YOU KNOW: Uppers chambered in .223 with 1/7 twist cannot safely or accurately handle 5.56 -Most vendors and shops lie about their uppers and barrels or hide this fact from us... 1/7 is fad based on misinformation, but I do build them because some people are just hung up on it?
citadel, zombie tactical, dpms or yhm barresl used.

• Aero Precision Upper M4A3
• M4 Feed Ramps
• Free Float
• Quad Rail
• YHM Gas system
• YHM Muzzle Phantom Flash Hider
• Complete BCG, Bolt Carrier Group;
• Charging Handle
• Forward Assist
• Dust Cover
• Shell Deflector
• American Flag emblem engraving not too loud just right

Here's some of the quality checks he does to ensure they work properly

• Barrel Nut staged torque started at 45 foot pound, aligned gas ports in barrel nut at 66 Foot Pound
• Used Go no Go
• Barrel Head Spaced Checked
• Bolt Carrier Group Head Spaced Checked
• Gas System/Key Properly Staked Sealed
• Tested Gas System with Pressure Push while blocking the Barrel
• Obviously Test Fired 3 Rounds, clean Ammo cleaned with correct solvents and tools zero signs of use.
• Stripped Manufactured by YHM
• Forged, Mil-spec A3 flat top upper
• White T-marked, numbered
• American Flag emblem engraving
• Manufactured using 7075 T6 aircraft-grade aluminum
• M4 feed ramp cuts
• Hard Anodized in Dark Black
• Quality 100% Made in the U.S.A

I have been building rifles for 10+ years. This is my hobby and pride. I build in a shop, not a home. I apply all torque values and specs. I test all uppers and systems. I use the correct tools. I guarantee Fit, Function and Satisfaction. This is not in any way a failed project or some regret build.

Ask ALL THE QUESTIONS YOU WANT. Even if its technical advice on your project. I also teach people how to assemble, trouble shoot and repair rifles, FOR FREE.

These are great uppers; these are not the typical online uppers. They are 100% instant tactical upgrades.
NO assembly, modification, headspacing or headaches needed;

He also threw in a M16 BCG instead of the normal AR15 BCG.

I then ordered a RVG railed vertical grip and Magpul MBUS Gen 2 sight system. Is there anything i'm missing or need?

Uppers chambered in 223 will not safely handle any 5.56 ammo regardless of twist rate...
Twist rate matters when you're shooting heavier loads because it stabilizes it better.
But 1/9 works too for the most common weights(55 and 62 grain)

Did u buy a complete lower or stripped?

If your barrel is designated as a .223, you shouldn't be shooting 5.56 anyways.  If I had a 5.56 AR, I could shoot .223 out of it but not the other way around, regardless of twist rate.

had a day off school so i polished the my bolt carrier for swagger.  i think i'm done with this cheap ak now. 
laugh.gif

Question—

So after a little over a month of shooting various firearms and lots of youtube videos and research, I purchased an SP2022 in .40 today via gunbroker.com
I've never purchased a firearm before, let alone online. I didn't contact an FFL until after I won the auction, which apparently isn't how it's supposed to be done.

I have no record and it's a standard production firearm, so should I be worried? I've contacted two FFL holders and hope to hear back from them tomorrow.
Any reason for concern? Anything I can do to be extra prepared? I hate inconveniencing people more than almost anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

Question—

So after a little over a month of shooting various firearms and lots of youtube videos and research, I purchased an SP2022 in .40 today via gunbroker.com
I've never purchased a firearm before, let alone online. I didn't contact an FFL until after I won the auction, which apparently isn't how it's supposed to be done.

I have no record and it's a standard production firearm, so should I be worried? I've contacted two FFL holders and hope to hear back from them tomorrow.
Any reason for concern? Anything I can do to be extra prepared? I hate inconveniencing people more than almost anything.

first you need your permit to purchase.  that can take a few weeks to get.  i'd just call the dude you bought it from and pay now just to show you mean business. 

then find a ffl you want to use.  if they don't have them on file you need to go to your ffl to exchange paperwork between the ffl and the seller.  you did it backwards but i'm sure if you pay the store who sold it to you wont trip and will wait for your to get your paperwork done.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Question—

first you need your permit to purchase.  that can take a few weeks to get.  i'd just call the dude you bought it from and pay now just to show you mean business. 

then find a ffl you want to use.  if they don't have them on file you need to go to your ffl to exchange paperwork between the ffl and the seller.  you did it backwards but i'm sure if you pay the store who sold it to you wont trip and will wait for your to get your paperwork done.
I'm in Florida. No permit required to purchase a firearm down here. Thanks for the response, though!

Was this an impulse buy?
What made you decide on your purchase?
Anyway, you shouldn't have a problem finding an ffl to ship it to.
Find one close to you that charges a cheap transfer fee.

Question—

don't know the particular's of Florida (but at least it's a free state), or the auction rules. But in many cases all you need to do is alert the FFL holder you choose (i.e. call them or shoot them an email and let them know you are having something sent to them.), then send the seller your FFL's info. Be sure to check that the FFL holder will accept the transfer (some FFL's will not accept items sent from individuals w/out the FFL, meaning the seller might have to send it through their FFLholder; some FFL's will not do transfers on items from manufacturers). Once the seller send the item to the FFL, the FFL will call/email you and let you know your item has arrived. You go down there and fill out paperwork, background check, etc, then take the devil's right hand to the range and enjoy yourself 
tongue.gif

edit* when you inform the FFL tell them the make, model, caliber, seller's name, the more info the better. Since you live in FL, you shouldn't be paying more than 30-40 bucks for a transfer, and even that is probably on the higher side.

Originally Posted by richiecotite

don't know the particular's of Florida (but at least it's a free state), or the auction rules. But in many cases all you need to do is alert the FFL holder you choose (i.e. call them or shoot them an email and let them know you are having something sent to them.), then send the seller your FFL's info. Be sure to check that the FFL holder will accept the transfer (some FFL's will not accept items sent from individuals w/out the FFL, meaning the seller might have to send it through their FFLholder; some FFL's will not do transfers on items from manufacturers). Once the seller send the item to the FFL, the FFL will call/email you and let you know your item has arrived. You go down there and fill out paperwork, background check, etc, then take the devil's right hand to the range and enjoy yourself 
tongue.gif

edit* when you inform the FFL tell them the make, model, caliber, seller's name, the more info the better. Since you live in FL, you shouldn't be paying more than 30-40 bucks for a transfer, and even that is probably on the higher side.

Thanks for the info. I got a response from an FFL this morning and have already sent them all the information they need. Looks like I was just worrying about nothing.
Originally Posted by eteam o2

Was this an impulse buy? 
What made you decide on your purchase? 
Anyway, you shouldn't have a problem finding an ffl to ship it to.
Find one close to you that charges a cheap transfer fee.
God, no. I'm one of those people that will do research and shopping for a month before I buy a phone case.

I've been lurking various firearm websites and forums for a few months and started shooting at least once a week about a month or two ago, shooting a different firearm each time.

[longwinded]

As far as my decision, I LOVED shooting both the P229 and P226, but was less drawn to the price tag (obviously). I think the Glocks are ugly as sin, but also really loved the Glock 17 and while I was reading reviews and watching Hickok45 and NFP videos I came across the SP2022. Generally, I disregard the "cheaper" version of ANYTHING altogether, but all the reviews were outstanding, and it was a Sig (which I loved shooting) for half the price of one, and was SA/DA (something I really wanted). I called a few shops in my area and ended up going to Shoot Straight to check it out in person. It was the most comfortable handgun I'd held, weight was balanced, and the trigger was butter. I originally was going to purchase from Shoot Straight because they were so helpful (even though it would cost a little bit more), but I'd read about people getting them on GunBroker for $100 less than what I was planning on spending at SS. As much as I like to support helpful businesses, that's $100 towards night sights and an extra mag.

The End.

[/longwinded]

lol, ok.
I was just wondering since you were unsure of the process.
Bit it looks like you covered all your bases in choosing the firearm, besides the online purchase process part. But, as you now know, that's relatively straightforward.
Congrats on your purchase!

Originally Posted by eteam o2

lol, ok.
I was just wondering since you were unsure of the process.
Bit it looks like you covered all your bases in choosing the firearm, besides the online purchase process part. But, as you now know, that's relatively straightforward.
Congrats on your purchase!
Thanks! I knew about finding an FFL, I just wasn't aware that I needed to contact them before I won the auction. So when I went to the gunbroker.com FFL directory and it says in big red letters to contact an FFL before winning, I got a little concerned. 
Will keep you guys updated. LC9 TALO Gold is in the near future too. I'm a sucker for engraving.

\\
Finally finished my AR-15 today! Can't wait to shoot it tomorrow! Added  MOE MBUS flip up front and rear sights, MOE vertical grip, and a truglo red dot scope. 

Originally Posted by kantoot

Can anyone recommend a reliable brand AK.

all are, it's how much you want to spend on fit and finish.  the old wasrs suck, but the new ones like i have are de milled parts kits on a new romanian receiver.  they say they have a hard time feeding hallows.  that's bs, i ran 300 through mine today.  i've got 600 rounds total through it with zero malfunctions and i shoot super dirty ammo and haven't cleaned it.  if you want a cheap ak get a wasr or convert a saiga.  or you can spend more.  i'd personally never cop an arsenal though.  i'd get a saiga and convert it myself.  no reason to pay all that money for them to do it.

next i'm gonna cop an iraqi ak parts kit and build the joint myself. gonna nickel plate it and all. i don't like tactical ak's but i've always had a thing for gaudy ones.
pimp.gif

190402_186737358036679_100001012488562_450130_4498781_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom