NT's NBA top 50 list

Let's be real. Pippen should not be on that list.
Before you remove Pippen you must first remove a few other Small Forwards off that list.

Pippen at a glance:
6 Time NBA Champion
2 Olympic Gold Medals
8x All NBA defensive FIRST team
eek.gif

3x All NBA first team

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by ehh

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Let's be real. Pippen should not be on that list.

laugh.gif
did you watch the NBA the year mike was busy playing d3 baseball?

Scottie that year > Lebron this year.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dudes are always wildly overrating Pippen's '94 season.

28/7/7 vs 22/9/5

Won MVP vs 3rd in MVP voting
Best regular season record vs 2nd in Central Div

Dude AVERAGED 3 steals a game. 3

Wow dude. One good season. So I guess LeBron should already be on that list then, huh. He's had seven.

Wow dude. One good season. So I guess LeBron should already be on that list then, huh. He's had seven.
Pippen did not just have 1 good season, that discussion up there was in regards to 1 season so your response is misplaced. Pippen was an allaround player, he did more than score and without a doubt deserves to be on that list. People always want to down play what Pippen did cause he wasn'tdropping 30 points a night. If people focused on Defense like they focus on Offense there wouldn't even be a discussion as to how ILL Pippen was. Not tomention he leads ALL forwards in Assists as well as Steals. I don't care if Bron gets on the list but he replaces someone else NOT Scottie Pip.

i stopped reading after page 3 .. PIPPEN HAS 6 RINGS ... great defender ... showed how he was great in his own right when jordan retired ...

pippen def belongs on that list

Originally Posted by JStar25

Pippen did not just have 1 good season, that discussion up there was in regards to 1 season so your response is misplaced. Pippen was an all around player, he did more than score and without a doubt deserves to be on that list. People always want to down play what Pippen did cause he wasn't dropping 30 points a night. If people focused on Defense like they focus on Offense there wouldn't even be a discussion as to how ILL Pippen was. Not to mention he leads ALL forwards in Assists as well as Steals. I don't care if Bron gets on the list but he replaces someone else NOT Scottie Pip.

Dude I know about Scottie Pippen's career. He's one of the best perimeter defenders of his era, no question about that. But hes not Top-50 of all-time.Simple and plain. Without the rings he got with MJ he wouldn't even be up for discussion.

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

i stopped reading after page 3 .. PIPPEN HAS 6 RINGS ... great defender ... showed how he was great in his own right when jordan retired ...

REALLY? Showed he was "great" without Michael? Are you serious right now? 22.0 points, 8.7 rebounds, 5.6 assists, 2.9 steals in one season is"great?" Good all-around numbers, yes. Great?
laugh.gif

If he won a ring or something you could make that argument, but otherwise, no. A "great" season, yet he finishes 3rd in MVP voting? And he shouldhave finished 4th, Shaq had better 1994 season than Pippen IMO.

REALLY? Showed he was "great" without Michael? Are you serious right now? 22.0 points, 8.7 rebounds, 5.6 assists, 2.9 steals in one season is "great?" Good all-around numbers, yes. Great?
laugh.gif

If he won a ring or something you could make that argument, but otherwise, no. A "great" season, yet he finishes 3rd in MVP voting? And he should have finished 4th, Shaq had better 1994 season than Pippen IMO.

22/9/6/3 is definately a great season. What because he didn't average 30 a game it shouldn't be acknowledged? And finishing 3rd in MVP voting isnothing to laugh at either, considering the fact that the Bulls had lost their leading scorer and the best player in the league, and only had a dropoff of 2games. He lead that team in points, assists, steals and was second in rebounding. That's crazy, especially for someone your trying to dimiss as just a roleplayer.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

laugh.gif
90% of those "milestones" have "first european player" so what.....this list is about what you did compared to American players too. I don't see how he can get an automatic yes. Props on the MVP tho.
So Jackie Robinson overrated just because of what he did for blacks in the MLB?
grin.gif

Although Dirk's impact wasn't as great, you HAVE to acknowledge what he's done for the League. You talk about all this where Iverson revolutionizedthe league.

I just don't understand what Allen Iverson has done in his career that's so spectacular that Dirk can't even be CONSIDERED?

90% of them are just first european? Way to read the list..

• Became the only player in NBA history to register 150 three-point field goals and 100 blocks in a season (he had 151 three-point field goals and 101 blocks in the 2000-01 NBA season)
  • Became the tallest player (7 ft 0 in (2.13 m)) to register more than 1,000 three-pointers by surpassing the previous record of Clifford Robinson and Rashard Lewis, both 6 ft 10 in (2.08 m).
  • Became the first player in Dallas Mavericks history to be named to an All-NBA team (2000-2001). He is the only Maverick, and European player in NBA history to be named to an All-NBA First Team (2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-2007, and 2008-09)
  • Became the first player in NBA history who did not attend a United States high school or college to be on the All-NBA First Team (2004-2005)
  • Became the third player in NBA history to lead the league in Win Shares for at least three consecutive seasons (2005-2007). The others are Michael Jordan and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
  • Became the third player in NBA history (after Rick Barry and Larry Bird) to average 26-plus points while shooting 90% or better from the line (2005-06)
  • Became the fifth player in NBA history to shoot better than 50% from the field (50.2), 40% from three-point range (41.6), and 90% from the line (90.4) (2006-07). The others are Larry Bird, Reggie Miller, Mark Price, Steve Nash and Jose Calderon. He and Bird are the only two of the six to average more than 20 points per game.
  • Only one of five players in NBA history to average + 25ppg and + 10rpg in the NBA playoffs. The others are Elgin Baylor, Hakeem Olajuwon, Bob Petit and Shaquille O'Neal.

I deleted all of the ones that have to do with him being European.

The strongest case for Dirk is that he has carried his team for the past DECADE to the Playoffs, and has been strong in 75% of those series. Regardless of whohas been on the team, Dirk took them to the Playoffs, I believe it's NINE straight years, going as far as the Conference Finals twice, and the Finals once.NINE straight years of 50+ wins, NINE straight trips to the playoffs, an MVP.

LIke I said, I'm not saying take AI off FOR Dirk, I'm saying show me an argument against why Dirk shouldn't be considered.

Dirk's playoff run in 06 was just as good as Allen Iverson's run IMO, but it's not as glorified because Dirk had "help," and hewasn't as big of a star as Iverson was when he did it.

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

REALLY? Showed he was "great" without Michael? Are you serious right now? 22.0 points, 8.7 rebounds, 5.6 assists, 2.9 steals in one season is "great?" Good all-around numbers, yes. Great?
laugh.gif

If he won a ring or something you could make that argument, but otherwise, no. A "great" season, yet he finishes 3rd in MVP voting? And he should have finished 4th, Shaq had better 1994 season than Pippen IMO.

22/9/6/3 is definately a great season. What because he didn't average 30 a game it shouldn't be acknowledged? And finishing 3rd in MVP voting is nothing to laugh at either, considering the fact that the Bulls had lost their leading scorer and the best player in the league, and only had a dropoff of 2 games. He lead that team in points, assists, steals and was second in rebounding. That's crazy, especially for someone your trying to dimiss as just a role player.

Whoa, role player? Absolutely not.

30 points a game is necessary in order to be acknowleged? Huh?

I never said any of those things.

I'm just saying the 1994 season was, with little doubt, his best season ever, and even then he was the consensus 3rd-best-player in the league that season.So he's somehow top 50 of ALL TIME? No!

Duncan, Kobe, KG, AI, Lebron, Dirk, Nique (shoulda been on the first time), J-Kidd, and GP should all be added.

This is where the "Michael Jordan" effect is making newer NBA fans and analyst delusional.

When a guy doesn't average 27-30 ppg, they are somehow slighted and when someone does only that (AI) and nothing much else you get propelled.

You look at AI the player in whole and there is no way he should be on the list. He's what everybody claimed Kobe was for a long time but gave AI a pass.Reality done set in for him the last few years.

I think when comparing whos better we need to look at era. LBJ and CP3 numbers are crazy but really the game has shifted guard-friendly and guard-controlling.

2009 playoffs shown it's really a "bigmans" game if you want to win. Gasol speaking up about getting the ball more and Dwight have proven this.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

This is where the "Michael Jordan" effect is making newer NBA fans and analyst delusional.

When a guy doesn't average 27-30 ppg, they are somehow slighted and when someone does only that (AI) and nothing much else you get propelled.

You look at AI the player in whole and there is no way he should be on the list. He's what everybody claimed Kobe was for a long time but gave AI a pass. Reality done set in for him the last few years.

I think when comparing whos better we need to look at era. LBJ and CP3 numbers are crazy but really the game has shifted guard-friendly and guard-controlling.

2009 playoffs shown it's really a "bigmans" game if you want to win. Gasol speaking up about getting the ball more and Dwight have proven this.

LeBron is not a guard, first off, and in reality his role on the court transcends traditional position roles anyway, much like Magic's did.

Secondly, Pau and Dwight have not shown us anything about the NBA being "a big man's game." Pau is not an elite player and Dwight has yet to finda way to dominate on the offensive end the way he does on D.

Also, what does half of this post have to do with the thread? I agree with you on AI for the moment (unless he proves he can win), but only a few players havehad career avgs of 27-30 ppg, and most of the players people here are endorsing haven't. So that "MJ effect" you speak of is largely irrelevanthere.

You look at AI the player in whole and there is no way he should be on the list. He's what everybody claimed Kobe was for a long time but gave AI a pass. Reality done set in for him the last few years.

LeBron is not a guard, first off, and in reality his role on the court transcends traditional position roles anyway, much like Magic's did.

Secondly, Pau and Dwight have not shown us anything about the NBA being "a big man's game." Pau is not an elite player and Dwight has yet to find a way to dominate on the offensive end the way he does on D.

Also, what does half of this post have to do with the thread? I agree with you on AI for the moment (unless he proves he can win), but only a few players have had career avgs of 27-30 ppg, and most of the players people here are endorsing haven't. So that "MJ effect" you speak of is largely irrelevant here.
You sure? I read back some and many are like Scottie needs to be gone. What if Pippen averaged 30 with his other numbers? I really believe wewouldn't see that argument. AI has been considered one of the best of all time and the best little guy. What really makes that true or even a discussion? His seasons of averaging 30+ and career average 27.

I didn't mean Pau is an elite player but the fact the big man needs to ball more in any offense allows the game to be played easier instead of it beingguard-controlled. Nothing really to do with numbers though Dwight got it done. LA played much better when Pau got the ball more to make the D work harderagainst LA.

You are right about Lebron, but I believe it's been done before by others though his offense allows his numbers to be crazy.

nobody is kicking pip off cuz only 5-6 spots need to open up........who's coming off for Kobe, Duncan, Kidd, Nique, KG

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

laugh.gif
90% of those "milestones" have "first european
player" so what.....this list is about what you did compared to American players too. I don't see how he can get an automatic yes. Props on the MVP
tho.
So Jackie Robinson overrated just because of what he did for blacks in the MLB?
grin.gif

Although Dirk's impact wasn't as great, you HAVE to acknowledge what he's done for the League. You talk about all this where Iverson revolutionized the league.

I just don't understand what Allen Iverson has done in his career that's so spectacular that Dirk can't even be CONSIDERED?

90% of them are just first european? Way to read the list..

• Became
    the only player in NBA history to register 150 three-point field goals
    and 100 blocks in a season (he had 151 three-point field goals and 101
    blocks in the 2000-01 NBA season)
  • Became the tallest player (7 ft 0 in (2.13 m)) to register more than 1,000 three-pointers by surpassing the previous record of Clifford Robinson and Rashard Lewis, both 6 ft 10
    in (2.08 m).
  • Became the first player in Dallas Mavericks history to be named to an All-NBA team (2000-2001). He is the only Maverick, and European player in NBA history to be named to an All-NBA First Team
    (2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-2007, and 2008-09)
  • Became
    the first player in NBA history who did not attend a United States high
    school or college to be on the All-NBA First Team (2004-2005)
  • Became
    the third player in NBA history to lead the league in Win Shares for at
    least three consecutive seasons (2005-2007). The others are Michael Jordan and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
  • Became the third player in NBA history (after Rick Barry and Larry Bird) to average 26-plus points while shooting 90% or better from the line (2005-06)
  • Became
    the fifth player in NBA history to shoot better than 50% from the field
    (50.2), 40% from three-point range (41.6), and 90% from the line (90.4)
    (2006-07). The others are Larry Bird, Reggie Miller, Mark Price, Steve Nash and Jose Calderon. He and Bird are the only two of the six to average more than 20 points per game.
  • Only one of five players in NBA history to average + 25ppg and + 10rpg in the NBA playoffs. The others are Elgin Baylor, Hakeem Olajuwon, Bob Petit and Shaquille O'Neal.

I deleted all of the ones that have to do with him being European.

The strongest case for Dirk is that he has carried his team for the past DECADE to the Playoffs, and has been strong in 75% of those series. Regardless of who has been on the team, Dirk took them to the Playoffs, I believe it's NINE straight years, going as far as the Conference Finals twice, and the Finals once. NINE straight years of 50+ wins, NINE straight trips to the playoffs, an MVP.

LIke I said, I'm not saying take AI off FOR Dirk, I'm saying show me an argument against why Dirk shouldn't be considered.

Dirk's playoff run in 06 was just as good as Allen Iverson's run IMO, but it's not as glorified because Dirk had "help," and he wasn't as big of a star as Iverson was when he did it.

also you forgot to add that Dirk is one of only five players in nba history to average 25+ 10+ in their playoff career.

I still strongly disagree with Dominique Wilkins being added to the list.

TGB, why do you think he should be on there?

Secondly, Pau and Dwight have not shown us anything about the NBA being "a big man's game." Pau is not an elite player and Dwight has yet to find a way to dominate on the offensive end the way he does on D.

Also, what does half of this post have to do with the thread? I agree with you on AI for the moment (unless he proves he can win), but only a few players have had career avgs of 27-30 ppg, and most of the players people here are endorsing haven't. So that "MJ effect" you speak of is largely irrelevant here.
You sure? I read back some and many are like Scottie needs to be gone. What if Pippen averaged 30 with his other numbers? I really believe we wouldn't see that argument. AI has been considered one of the best of all time and the best little guy. What really makes that true or even a discussion? His seasons of averaging 30+ and career average 27.

I didn't mean Pau is an elite player but the fact the big man needs to ball more in any offense allows the game to be played easier instead of it being guard-controlled. Nothing really to do with numbers though Dwight got it done. LA played much better when Pau got the ball more to make the D work harder against LA.

You are right about Lebron, but I believe it's been done before by others though his offense allows his numbers to be crazy.

That's a ridiculous argument. If Pippen averaged 30 ppg he would have the 3rd highest career ppg ever (.1 behind MJ and Wilt!!). Of course he would be Top50, hell he'd easily be Top 10.

If you read my posts, I'm NOT trying to make a case for AI. You're incorrect that he's solely a scorer- he puts up a ton of assists and steals aswell.

Lastly, no, Pau is not elite. He's a good player but not "elite." I use that word for truly great players. Kobe, LeBron, Wade, etc. Pau is not upthere.

I'm big on winning when it comes to all time greats.

That's why until last year I've always thought that Tim Duncan was the best player in the NBA after Shaq started getting old.

AI should probably make the list but people posting his stats as justification are ******ed.

The last two teams he left got CONSIDERABLY better after he got traded.

His most recent team got CONSIDERABLY worst once he got there.

These for the most part were one for one swaps as well so its not like a whole bunch of other talent was lost or gained.

These facts alone should tell you how "good" Allen Iverson really is as a player.

Dirk makes the list.

He has accomplished just as much as Charles Barkley and Karl Malone. He has won just as much as both of them and his stats are comparable.

Dirk has NEVER EVER played with another superstar or even Hall of Famer in his prime. You can say Steve Nash but dude ain't no Hall of Famer in my book.

I'm even a Dirk fan like that. He plays for my favorite team but to be honest I'm still not a huge fan of his game BUT you can't deny his impact onthe court.

I look back on the 06 and the 07 teams and I still can't figure out how the won as much as they did.

Back
Top Bottom