NT's yearly Ramen recipes thread. Proffesional/College Ramen chefs enter!

Gill Baka Esq. LLC.

formerly grimlock
This dude microwaving his ramen urged me to start this thread.

We've seen this thread in the past and now that the fall semester is underway for most of us....even us graduates, we should give each other tips and tricks in bettering one of the best quick/cheap meals out there.

Personally, I go with the oriental flavor of Maruchan:

I dump out the the noodles and spice back into 2 cups of water...let that boil and then I add about 1/2 bag of:

I add it in to boil for about the last 2 minutes.

:pimp:

Bag of dumplings is about $3 and it's good for around 3 servings.

I usually just use some frozen veggies and throw a handfull in there. Sometimes i chop up some brocolli.

This may sound gross but it AINT! Put shredded cheese on top after you cook it! Another way is vegetables, eggs and hot sauce. Hot dogs or spam as well!! :smokin

For a cheap eat, I:
-Use leftover rotisseerie chicken from Costco, slice it up and brown it in a pan and add it in at the end;
-Cut up some green onion and cilantro to add; and lastly,
-Crack an egg into the broth just before the noodles are done so that by the time they are the egg is cooked 85% of the way through. The slightest bit of runny yolk gives the broth much more depth and richness in flavor.

Bomb.

Last edited:
For a cheap eat, I:
-Use leftover rotisseerie chicken from Costco, slice it up and brown it in a pan and add it in at the end;
-Cut up some green onion and cilantro to add; and lastly,
-Crack an egg into the broth just before the noodles are done so that by the time they are the egg is cooked 85% of the way through. The slightest bit of runny yolk gives the broth much more depth and richness in flavor.
Bomb.

Damn, sounds :pimp:

Will try.

pardon the struggle, times was hard in college
happy.gif

chicken flavor ramen
cut up hot dogs
ketchup
hot sauce
This sounds ******g disgusting.

Get some cheap *** chicken and some veggies and put in with the noodles, add some eggs in some capacity - scramble them and add them or do like son above said and drop em in near the end. Anything else is a struggle meal by choice.

Last edited:
oh man this reminds me of one of the class wide discussions i had last semester. we were talking about how you have to add just the right amount of water so that the noodles looked shiny on top and the sauce would be thick

My friends, roommates, and I were probably the only college kids who didn't eat instant ramen. We ate every other kind of junk.

Get any kind of Maruchan or MAMA bag noodles.

Boil it

Turn on a pan. Heat up some diced meat, throw in some greens, pepper, or whatever.

Throw in the noodles, with just a bit of the soup with it

Stir it until the noodles absorbs some of the flavor in the pan. Drop an egg in there too if you wish

I usually eat noodles using one of the following combos:

- Quail eggs, meatballs, and 1 egg.

- Fried Chicken

- Fish balls, squid balls, shrimp balls, fried tofu

- pork

I also add a little sugar, hot sauce, vinegar, garlic and fish sauce.

Or you could be a boss and eat noodles like this:

Damn, y'all getting real culinary in here...I usually just throw a can of tuna and chop some onions in there and call it a night.

Back
Top Bottom