Nuclear Powered Batteries Vol. Lasts for 20 years w/o charging

Nujavez

formerly gatorad3
View media item 216427
Yes, you can actually buy nuclear-powered batteries from online sellers in China for a whopping $2720. It's purported to last for 20-years without needing to be recharged and is made from nano-tritium. Researchers say that the amount of tritium extracted from 1L of sea water can release the energy equivalent of 300L of gasoline in one complete nuclear fusion. Continue reading for a picture of the actual battery and more information.

The battery is thumb-sized and designed for small devices, like pacemakers, sensors, and implants. Apparently, nano-tritium based batteries can already be found in signs, watches, and some types of glow sticks.

View media item 216428
http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/...a-claim-to-last-for-20-years-without-charging

I feel like I'd be scared using this because it might blow up or something lol.

But damn imagine cellphones having batteries that wont die for 20 years

I've never heard of this. The Mars Discovery rover is nuclear powered, so I dont see why they wouldn't sell them to the public.

Cool.

Copped for my iPhone 8s+...

Cell phone batteries are waaaaaay behind the technology curve.

I heard an interview with a guy last year talking about the improvements in battery technology. He talked about buying a phone that had a lifetime battery - something like 2-3 years. That would be pretty cool.

You guys are missing one of the most important benefits of this. Vehicles. Imagine driving 2 years never needing gas...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom