NY Come Pick Up Another L

you'll snap outta it when you get your "there is no spoon" revelation.

contrary to popular belief...you can have too much clothes if other parts of your repertorie are lacking.

it's like reps on NT...after alwhile, once u hit "NT legend" status...does a extra 100 reps really matter? does da 30th black & red Nike really gonna upgrade or downgrade your flyness? da answer is no.

you start to work on stuff u don't have, to give yourself a better rounded approach.

now in NYC, having a whip period is a luxury, so as long as your ride is clean, you can pretty much bag mostly anything you want, especially in transit starved boros.

btw. u can't point me to a t-shirt alive that's worth 500+ outside of a procut NBA jersey.
That's your opinion. I do not need a whip at this point in my life and don't foresee needing one no time soon. Maybe if I hit the win for life prize I might get one for occasional use but a car would be a huge waste of time for me currently. And is the shirt I paid 500 for "worth" the asking price? No probably not, but I paid it anyways cuz I liked it.

I never spent that much on a Pelle but that's besides the point. I don't care what anyone thinks, I spend money on what I like cuz I like it, not cuz I think someone might look at me different [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Stop LION b....we are all guilty of it, we buy clothes, jewelry, a car, etc because of how it makes us feel and how we will be perceived by others....you care b....you just prioritize differently...you rather be fly and wait for a bus, than be a little less fly and ride in the comfort of a car or at least have the car as an option.

Stop LION b....we are all guilty of it, we buy clothes, jewelry, a car, etc because of how it makes us feel and how we will be perceived by others....you care b....you just prioritize differently...you rather be fly and wait for a bus, than be a little less fly and ride in the comfort of a car or at least have the car as an option.
Nope

This is such a Dumb discussion....do what you please with your money bro, just don't say you "don't care" because that's BS...and know that a young cat dipped in a 3k flashy fit waiting at the bus stop looks silly as hell...is just a general perception and comparing yourself to millionaires that ride the bus is silly, because you are not a millionaire...you just said in order to have a car you would have to give up your clothing allowance.

Ksteezy is speaking Faxs.

In San Francisco, the transit system doesn't depict your income but it only applies to SF which is 7X7 square mile city. Once you get out of there, not having a car is almost looked at as some poverty stuff. Since we are still in Cali, you still need a car to drive but if you live in the SF bubble, a car is not really needed nor does it make you look bad. Uber does help with things in thinking you are doing it more so than the bus card holders but it is funny how transit can be looked at as a poor thing when it is so damn efficient.

I used to be one of those you don't need a car in NYC people....till I got a car.

Hopping on the Whitestone Bridge and being in Queen in 10 minutes >>>>> *

I think that's the sentiment of just about any dude that claims they don't need a car, dudes just don't know...as accessible as the subway is, that **** just can't beat a car or at least owning one, yeah you can still choose to commute on public transport for work if you work in the city, obviously for many that makes more cents due to traffic and most of all PARKING....but even then having the option to have a car and explore the rest of NY or move around on your own whenever you please without depending on a bus or train schedule...chill b.

I don't go into Manhattan much, when I do, I rather drive still 9 out of 10 times, I rather be caught in traffic than fighting for a spot in an over crowded NYC train :x

In San Francisco, the transit system doesn't depict your income but it only applies to SF which is 7X7 square mile city. Once you get out of there, not having a car is almost looked at as some poverty stuff. Since we are still in Cali, you still need a car to drive but if you live in the SF bubble, a car is not really needed nor does it make you look bad. Uber does help with things in thinking you are doing it more so than the bus card holders but it is funny how transit can be looked at as a poor thing when it is so damn efficient.
True, MUNI is clutch. BART is cool along with Samtrans/AC, but they need to have a Clipper deal that covers everything. That'll encourage people to use the public transit systems more.

I used to be one of those you don't need a car in NYC people....till I got a car.

Hopping on the Whitestone Bridge and being in Queen in 10 minutes >>>>> *

Even when I was young I always wanted to drive... until I started driving :lol:

Alp still in that stage where he doesn't have big priorities like that so he's still worried about non essential things.

We all were there... I was splurging wasting mad money on clothes back in the days and kicks now looking back like what the hell was I thinking :lol:

But, at some point you want better for yourself so you want to live in a better neighborhood, own your own house, have a nice car, vacation, and etc.

Alp feels he's good where he's at that might change down the line or it might not, but it's all on him and where his head is.

But also, how bad of a chick he's with also. A good chick with her head on her shoulders and at least an 8 and up can make a dude aspire for more.

Many different factors.

This is such a Dumb discussion....do what you please with your money bro, just don't say you "don't care" because that's BS...and know that a young cat dipped in a 3k flashy fit waiting at the bus stop looks silly as hell...is just a general perception and comparing yourself to millionaires that ride the bus is silly, because you are not a millionaire...you just said in order to have a car you would have to give up your clothing allowance.

Ksteezy is speaking Faxs.

Like I said nah, but y'all can think what you want

Yeah that's what I tapped on earlier, if you live in lower Manhattan or even midtown or DT Brooklyn I don't blame you for not owning a car, because chances are you can probably commute wherever you need by foot or even a bike, or at most a couple of subway stops...my dude Alp still lives about an hour + commute from say SoHo tho.....let's not even get into Brooklyn...then we talking close to 2 hours and multiple transfers :lol:

Get a car b.

Even when I was young I always wanted to drive... until I started driving :lol:

Alp still in that stage where he doesn't have big priorities like that so he's still worried about non essential things.

We all were there... I was splurging wasting mad money on clothes back in the days and kicks now looking back like what the hell was I thinking :lol:

But, at some point you want better for yourself so you want to live in a better neighborhood, own your own house, have a nice car, vacation, and etc.

Alp feels he's good where he's at that might change down the line or it might not, but it's all on him and where his head is.

But also, how bad of a chick he's with also. A good chick with her head on her shoulders and at least an 8 and up can make a dude aspire for more.

Many different factors.

Yup, I'm not faulting him...I know he young and don't really know any better...guess is just pep talk coming from an older dude that lives in his same city...not that he'll listen, he's obviously a knucklehead that thinks he has it all figured out, I think we all were the same at some point, if I'm lucky enough to still be active here 5 years from now and so is he, it'll be a fun topic to go back on as I know for sure his perspective and priorities would have shifted by then...lol

I always wondered. So if a chick hits you up at, say, 2am talmbout come through and smash. Y'all gotta go hop on a couple trains to get to her? Do y'all do it? Or the other way around, do girls do this? :lol:

I always wondered. So if a chick hits you up at, say, 2am talmbout come through and smash. Y'all gotta go hop on a couple trains to get to her? Do y'all do it? Or the other way around, do girls do this? :lol:

You got Uber, Dominican cabs, Yellow cabs and Lyft b

Has anyone done a cost comparison of copping a whip vs everyday Uber / Lyft / cabs?

And :lol: @ waiting for the bus in a $4k streetwear outfit. I don't care where you live, that's hustling backwards.

Last edited:
Never got it either, but if you think about it. This is a lot of clothing lines MO.
nah son..clothing lines don't sell bricks and metro cards

supreme gets a W for capitalizing on all the **** boys that buy this though lmao

everyone else... hold this L

Last edited:
You got Uber, Dominican cabs, Yellow cabs and Lyft b

This is true and a great option...still I can't say it beats the convenience of your own car and if it's girls we talking, having a car def boosts your status up a couple of notches with them....just the way it is.

When the dope boys used to come swoop the bad joints in HS, they were in whips not cabs or MetroCards

Has anyone done a cost comparison of copping a whip vs everyday Uber / Lyft / cabs?

And :lol: @ waiting for the bus in a $4k streetwear outfit. I don't care where you live, that's hustling backwards.

Even if an uber commute costs you 10$ round trip that's 20$ you could have used to fill up your car (assuming is a smaller car) that could last you at least 5 days....and 10$ uber is probably about a 15 mile trip at most...so yeah these dudes relying on Uber and cabs to get them around are def hustling backwards :lol:

Even if an uber commute costs you 10$ round trip that's 20$ you could have used to fill up your car (assuming is a smaller car) that could last you at least 5 days....and 10$ uber is probably about a 15 mile trip at most...so yeah these dudes relying on Uber and cabs to get them around are def hustling backwards :lol:

10-4

And how much is parking normally?

Let's say I get a $2.5k, 1 br spot in Harlem. How much would parking cost?

And when you go out on the scene and you want to park somewhere?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom