{NY} Giants @ {WSH} ******** - 1.2.2011 - WK17

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by youngin33

Looks like we'll be missing out on the playoffs this year.  No reason Chicago will move the ball in the 4th quarter when they haven't really done so all game.

Giants were 1 of the few teams to ever make the playoffs with 8 wins in 2006 and look to be one of the few teams to miss out on the playoffs with 10 wins.  What goes around truly does come around.
I didn't think they would make the playoffs after this week anyways since I called a Giants win and GB loss (assuming the Giants win today), but after the defense played not to lose vs the eagles and let that game slip away which they had no business doing, they have nobody to blame but themselves.
The turnovers came from everywhere, and most of them were simply unforced which was the frustrating part. They need a veteran WR to join Nicks, Steve Smith, and Mario, and a new TE.

I was not thinking playoffs after that debacle in Green Bay last week.  They lost the division against Philly 2 weeks ago and then the Wildcard last week when they controlled their playoff life and got obliterated.  But once the first half is going our way then some hope began to surface although Chicago had nothing to play for whatsoever. 

I think we need to do some work in our LB core and offensive line is getting old in some spots. 

grin.gif

Looks like we'll be missing out on the playoffs this year.  No reason Chicago will move the ball in the 4th quarter when they haven't really done so all game.

Giants were 1 of the few teams to ever make the playoffs with 8 wins in 2006 and look to be one of the few teams to miss out on the playoffs with 10 wins.  What goes around truly does come around.
I didn't think they would make the playoffs after this week anyways since I called a Giants win and GB loss (assuming the Giants win today), but after the defense played not to lose vs the eagles and let that game slip away which they had no business doing, they have nobody to blame but themselves.
The turnovers came from everywhere, and most of them were simply unforced which was the frustrating part. They need a veteran WR to join Nicks, Steve Smith, and Mario, and a new TE.

I was not thinking playoffs after that debacle in Green Bay last week.  They lost the division against Philly 2 weeks ago and then the Wildcard last week when they controlled their playoff life and got obliterated.  But once the first half is going our way then some hope began to surface although Chicago had nothing to play for whatsoever. 

I think we need to do some work in our LB core and offensive line is getting old in some spots. 

Even if they made the playoffs, the way they are turnover prone they would have been one and done anyways.
They didn't deserve to make the playoffs after the last two weeks, said it over and over again.

Just try again next year and bring a few new faces into the mix.

Even if they made the playoffs, the way they are turnover prone they would have been one and done anyways.
They didn't deserve to make the playoffs after the last two weeks, said it over and over again.

Originally Posted by MPire

HAHAHAH GMEN SEASON OVER. U MAD?
Giants season ended weeks ago, but nice job of trolling though.
Funny when the Cowboys lose and the entire NT population floods the topic is isn't trolling.

Anyway, lets celebrate my dude!

Originally Posted by MPire

HAHAHAH GMEN SEASON OVER. U MAD?
Giants season ended weeks ago, but nice job of trolling though.
Funny when the Cowboys lose and the entire NT population floods the topic is isn't trolling.

Anyway, lets celebrate my dude!

When you lead the league in giveaways, you should not even have a chance at the playoffs.  They essentially had 2 shots to make it and missed both.  Definitely didn't deserve to make the playoffs, but the team in place is very good overall.  Cut down on all those giveaways next season and we will be back.

No playoffs since 2008 though...
tired.gif

When you lead the league in giveaways, you should not even have a chance at the playoffs.  They essentially had 2 shots to make it and missed both.  Definitely didn't deserve to make the playoffs, but the team in place is very good overall.  Cut down on all those giveaways next season and we will be back.

No playoffs since 2008 though...
tired.gif

I was standing near the tunnel near the end of the game and McNabb looked happier than he has all season when he was leaving Fedex for probably the last time as a Skin
laugh.gif

I was standing near the tunnel near the end of the game and McNabb looked happier than he has all season when he was leaving Fedex for probably the last time as a Skin
laugh.gif

You know whats funny? If Calvin Johnson's TD in week 1 was legit, we'd be getting ready for the Eagles.

You know whats funny? If Calvin Johnson's TD in week 1 was legit, we'd be getting ready for the Eagles.

Back
Top Bottom