NY METS 2011 POST: Jose Reyes wins National League Batting Crown

pimp.gif

- Continue to develop the younger players, excited to see Ike continue to grow and the new direction of the franchise.
- Let Beltran have a monster contract year and trade him by the deadline for some prospects.

- Open battle for 2nd base position, which means Castillo will lose
pimp.gif

Lineup for today's spring training game:

Mets
Luis Castillo, 2b
Angel Pagan, cf
Jason Bay, lf
Nick Evans, 1b
Fernando Martinez, dh
Scott Hairston, rf
Daniel Murphy, 3b
Mike Nickeas, c
Ruben Tejada, ss

Update: Pagan with an opposite field home run as we speak.
smile.gif

- Continue to develop the younger players, excited to see Ike continue to grow and the new direction of the franchise.
- Let Beltran have a monster contract year and trade him by the deadline for some prospects.

- Open battle for 2nd base position, which means Castillo will lose
pimp.gif

Lineup for today's spring training game:

Mets
Luis Castillo, 2b
Angel Pagan, cf
Jason Bay, lf
Nick Evans, 1b
Fernando Martinez, dh
Scott Hairston, rf
Daniel Murphy, 3b
Mike Nickeas, c
Ruben Tejada, ss

Update: Pagan with an opposite field home run as we speak.
smile.gif

don't have many expectations for this year, just hope we have some fun baseball and our prospects develop

don't have many expectations for this year, just hope we have some fun baseball and our prospects develop

This organization is in shambles, its going to be a long %*+ year
ohwell.gif

All I ask for is effort on the field.  Things I'd love to see:

- Progression from the young guys especially Ike
- Reyes working hard and finally becoming the player he could be.
- Wright cutting down on his strikeouts and raising his average.
- Mejia make it into the roation at some point during the year.

This organization is in shambles, its going to be a long %*+ year
ohwell.gif

All I ask for is effort on the field.  Things I'd love to see:

- Progression from the young guys especially Ike
- Reyes working hard and finally becoming the player he could be.
- Wright cutting down on his strikeouts and raising his average.
- Mejia make it into the roation at some point during the year.

Been waiting for this thread
pimp.gif

I've got high hopes for this team (compared to everyone else).

I see Big Pelf in the position to win 18 games.
Shniese with 15 and an ERA around 3.50 and Dickey with slightly similar numbers, maybe a higher ERA.

Looking forward to seeing this Beato kid pitch and hoping dearly that Reese Havens could stay healthy for the majority of the year and make noise in September, maybe even late August if someone gets hurt.

Can't wait to see how Ike and Mejia progress, as well as Johan's recovery.

Should be a fun year since we don't have much to expect.

Been waiting for this thread
pimp.gif

I've got high hopes for this team (compared to everyone else).

I see Big Pelf in the position to win 18 games.
Shniese with 15 and an ERA around 3.50 and Dickey with slightly similar numbers, maybe a higher ERA.

Looking forward to seeing this Beato kid pitch and hoping dearly that Reese Havens could stay healthy for the majority of the year and make noise in September, maybe even late August if someone gets hurt.

Can't wait to see how Ike and Mejia progress, as well as Johan's recovery.

Should be a fun year since we don't have much to expect.

I'm pretty happy about our offseason. The changes we made were looong overdue and I'm happy we finally have new management in place who actually have experience with building good teams on a budget. Last year our pitching was pretty good in the first half of season and I think we'll see the return of that under the guidance of Terry Collins and Sandy Alderson. For once given the circumstances I feel like the Mets did the right thing. I look forward to the start of a long and eventful season.

I'm pretty happy about our offseason. The changes we made were looong overdue and I'm happy we finally have new management in place who actually have experience with building good teams on a budget. Last year our pitching was pretty good in the first half of season and I think we'll see the return of that under the guidance of Terry Collins and Sandy Alderson. For once given the circumstances I feel like the Mets did the right thing. I look forward to the start of a long and eventful season.

Terry Collins is going to have a great effect on this baseball team, I can already tell when Beltran today decided to move to RF. He said the way Collins approached him about the subject was very professional and that speaks volumes because you know it's gotta hurt Beltran's confidence to not be playing CF.

Anyway, Reyes has a beast year and then makes a ton of money in FA. I think Ike comes back down to earth this year and Wright has a typical season. If Beltran and Bay end up making contributions, we could be in a Wildcard race.

Terry Collins is going to have a great effect on this baseball team, I can already tell when Beltran today decided to move to RF. He said the way Collins approached him about the subject was very professional and that speaks volumes because you know it's gotta hurt Beltran's confidence to not be playing CF.

Anyway, Reyes has a beast year and then makes a ton of money in FA. I think Ike comes back down to earth this year and Wright has a typical season. If Beltran and Bay end up making contributions, we could be in a Wildcard race.

I am glad that Beltran is willing to play at the RF position.

Harper doesn't look like 18 at all.
30t6p3b.gif

I am glad that Beltran is willing to play at the RF position.

Harper doesn't look like 18 at all.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

x2. Just hoping for no late season meltdowns.

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

x2. Just hoping for no late season meltdowns.

Back
Top Bottom