NY or California ?

Dirty souf >> Cali >> NY >>> Ohio >>> Da Heights >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Detroit

I'm going to LA (Hollywood) from NY for the first time in a couple of weeks. We'll see which state is truly better. Just as long as I find a medicinal connect of course
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I'm going to LA (Hollywood) from NY for the first time in a couple of weeks. We'll see which state is truly better. Just as long as I find a medicinal connect of course
nerd.gif

LA is far from a representation of all of California.

laugh.gif
dude posted a bunch of scenic photos to prove North Cal is better than SoCal...

Nobody is trying to go hiking fam. Dude is young and trying to enjoy himself.

SoCal or Frisco is the place to be.

Picture of the bridge at night...really??
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

And to dude going to Hollywood...it's full of tourists and touristy stuff. Don't let it cloud your perception of CA/LA.

How long are you in LA?

You're gonna be biased to where your from because it's the place that helped shape who you are, but I've lived on both coasts, and each has their pros and cons.

I'm NY all day, but the time I lived in Vegas I went to LA twice a month for about a year. Got a decent feel for the city. It's mad chill. Cali's is a great place to go relax and take life slow. Main reason is, it's spread out so far, you can't plan too many activities in one day cause it takes forever to get from one side to the other. Pace of life is slower, people are just kind of in chill mode all the time. Girls are kinda thirsty out there too. Don't know what it is, but if you can get past the annoying way they talk, you're in there.

San Francisco, only been there once, but I liked it alot. Crazy ill landscape, if you ever drive out to Big Sur you feel like you're in a car commercial. The city is diverse, plenty to offer, you see all walks of life. Plus they have a couple of In-n-Out burgers (not as many as LA) which is always a plus in my book. Mad cool city to walk (or climb) around for the day and take in different things (alot like NY). Look forward to going back and spending more than 2 days there. That said, I'd never live their in a million years. People are just way too happy. To the point that I don't trust it. Nobody's that !@#$ing happy. Nobody. What are you hiding? I don't know, I guess NY makes you a little suspicious. Part of NY culture and small talk is !@#ing and complaining about stuff, and nobody does that in NorCal, and they all walk around way too carefree, like nobody's actually on their way to a specific place. It would drive me nuts to live there. Also the hipster-to-non-hipster ratio of people seems to be skyrocketing faster than Williamsburg, which is strike 2.

I'm def a lifelong NY'er. Everything I could ever want from a place of residence is here.

LA is a joke.

The State of California is a beautiful place. Great vacation spots and good place to raise your kids but the city of Los Angeles is a joke compared to NYC.

In my opinion....Nor Cal >>>>> So Cal.

Job Opportunities/Economic Growth- Nor Cal by a huge margin. The Silicon Valley is the economic powerhouse of northern california and so cal has nothing that can come close. SF can't even come close to offer the salaries and equity incentives that the Silicon Valley has. You've got Google, Apple, Cisco, KLA Tencor, Marvel, Atmel, Altera, etc etc, a lot of veterans in the tech field. Not to mention all the freshman like Facebook, Twitter, etc etc......a lot of venture capital funding.......

SF is the social hub and tourist destination of the bay area, but Silicon Valley is where you want to earn your paycheck.Right now I'm living in Mountain View, CA.......in the heart of the silicon valley/peninsula. San Jose/South Bay is boring socially, so most people here work hard monday through friday and head to the SF for the weekend. SF is the best city in the state of california IMO but  will admit that the areas surrounding it are just OK. Silicon Valley is a nightmare to meet women, but like i said the lifestyle here be an earner in the Sillicon Valley and play in SF.  

So Cal on the other hand has amazing weather, beautiful women, close proximity to Vegas (weekend trips), nice beaches, etc etc. I'm in my mid twenties now and my friends who ended up in Nor cal and friends who ended up So Cal love it. 
The difference is that a have a handful of friends making $6 figure salaries in their mid twenties in Nor Cal / Silicon Valley while all my friends in So Cal are barely making half.

If you are ambitious/workaholic....Nor Cal >>>>> So Cal.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

I'm def a lifelong NY'er. Everything I could ever want from a place of residence is here.

LA is a joke.

The State of California is a beautiful place. Great vacation spots and good place to raise your kids but the city of Los Angeles is a joke compared to NYC.
LA is a joke in what ways?
It's ironic you say that because i feel that way the folks in NY when i visit and i observe the drivers/cabs in the hoods (Burroughs) yelling and cussing at one another obscenities like they really about that life and then keep driving like it's nothing. In LA's hoods you cut someone off and tell them to screw themselves or say something crazy...you are more than likely getting shot or followed to your place for a fair one. 

A lot of folks from ny say we are "hollywood" and fake but that's what i see out there plus a lot of motor mouths. A lot of yip yappin but less action. I'm jus sayn

does it get warm enough to actually use the beaches in norcal? people tell me temps dont really get above 80. not really beach weather IMO.

never been north of LA so I wouldnt know. SF seems really nice and I think I would enjoy how easy it is to walk everywhere.

I'm sorry but CA.

CA has a lot more to offer & WAY better living conditions for the money.

I'm moving to NY for 6 months starting January. I do love the feel of the city but sometimes it's too much.

Honestly

Girls L.A.

Weather L.A.

Activities N.Y.

And i've been to L.A. and San Diego so I ain't one of thes *** hats talking crap about stuff I don't know because I live in a certain city.

i wanna visit california someday

NY WAS GREAT BEFORE the 2008 finanical collapse & 9/11, after these two events ny is kinda dying. we got a corrupt mayor who broke the 2 term in office rule??? this guy was an engineer turned bizness man from massachusetts??? alot of racial profiling in nyc though since 9/11 too, both brown, black and latinos.

also ny got no tech game.
laugh.gif

silicon valley >>>>>>>

Originally Posted by DC SOUNDS
Silicon Valley is a major powerhouse no doubt, but you are forgetting where the entertainment/media capital of the world is...
Regardless, both these places will break you before they make you.

Yeah, dude posting nature pics, dropping the mic and walking off stage... 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

A NY'er would be suspicious of our way of life out here, 
laugh.gif
.  Going to NYC in September, can't wait.

Norcal is nice but is ALWAYS in the top 5 (SF, San Jose, Silicon Valley) of the OVERPRICED places to live.

It's been that way for 3+ decades.

Yeah like a couple NT'ers said you can make a six figure salary in Norcal. But good luck on trying to buy a nice house anywhere near SF or the outskirt communities surrounding SF.

I have plenty of friends up in SF, San Jose, San Bruno, Red Wood city who have families and both the mom & dad are making great $$$ but they are still renting or are living in a condo, town house, or apartment because they can't afford to buy a nice house in those neighborhoods which start in the 600K to 700K price range.

Back
Top Bottom