NY slang appreciation Vol. Son is a burger

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

How y'all from NY and never heard someone get called a burger?
Word. I think most of these cats prolly too young for that one though. Burger rocked in the 90's.

Word right? Im not even old and i used to always hear dudes say burger.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

How y'all from NY and never heard someone get called a burger?
Word. I think most of these cats prolly too young for that one though. Burger rocked in the 90's.

Word right? Im not even old and i used to always hear dudes say burger.

NY Slang has fallen to the bottom of the toilet.  
tired.gif

Can someone post as much NY Slang as possible. My dude and I were having a discussion and I was saying Midwest (Cleveland to be exact) steal our slang from NY and he disagreed. We use son, no %+##, pause, real talk, "b", etc. He said that "real talk" came from the South and that NYers actually steal their slang from the West Coast. I told him I don't think so and we got into a nice lil' argument. Every slang term that you KNOW originiated in NY, please post.

Can someone post as much NY Slang as possible. My dude and I were having a discussion and I was saying Midwest (Cleveland to be exact) steal our slang from NY and he disagreed. We use son, no %+##, pause, real talk, "b", etc. He said that "real talk" came from the South and that NYers actually steal their slang from the West Coast. I told him I don't think so and we got into a nice lil' argument. Every slang term that you KNOW originiated in NY, please post.

Originally Posted by Damu

I live in queens and never heard anyone say that before.
this. you mostly have to thank brooklyn for the creative slang. when i went to school there/chilled there... i heard a multitude of slang words. now i go to school/chill in manhatten and i'm using words like "multitude"
laugh.gif

this. you mostly have to thank brooklyn for the creative slang. when i went to school there/chilled there... i heard a multitude of slang words. now i go to school/chill in manhatten and i'm using words like "multitude"
laugh.gif

Man who you tellin
laugh.gif
. I still use words like dope and chill.

What? Who doesn't use dope and chill? I thought those two words were still poppin'. I know a lot of people who use both words frequently...I use them all the time.

Man who you tellin
laugh.gif
. I still use words like dope and chill.

What? Who doesn't use dope and chill? I thought those two words were still poppin'. I know a lot of people who use both words frequently...I use them all the time.

Originally Posted by filly413

Slime is straight, as long as I don't hear these word bittin CT cats say it!!!... It's like son...why you talkin like that?!! YOUR FROM CT!!! the city is thata way.... Maybe I jus got a personal vendetta against CT cats because I'm from MASS. Anyway
I believe the term FUGAZI came from the city. Anyone??

OH YEAH HOW COULD WE FORGET, NO H@M@!!!

If I had my KILLA SEASON handy...only if Smh

Its weird for anyone outside NYC to say, even NJ
laugh.gif

Most of NT slang comes from NYC
pimp.gif
, NYC>>>

Originally Posted by filly413

Slime is straight, as long as I don't hear these word bittin CT cats say it!!!... It's like son...why you talkin like that?!! YOUR FROM CT!!! the city is thata way.... Maybe I jus got a personal vendetta against CT cats because I'm from MASS. Anyway
I believe the term FUGAZI came from the city. Anyone??

OH YEAH HOW COULD WE FORGET, NO H@M@!!!

If I had my KILLA SEASON handy...only if Smh

Its weird for anyone outside NYC to say, even NJ
laugh.gif

Most of NT slang comes from NYC
pimp.gif
, NYC>>>

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

PS.
pimp.gif
sick.gif
smokin.gif
smh.gif
@ my HS's basketball team

4 years straight NY state High School champs. Even Lebron's HS team got merked...

Amityville = Where I lay my hat

How long ago was that?

I remember they had some beast a few years ago.

I think his name was Jason Fraser or something like that but I might be buggin'.

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

PS.
pimp.gif
sick.gif
smokin.gif
smh.gif
@ my HS's basketball team

4 years straight NY state High School champs. Even Lebron's HS team got merked...

Amityville = Where I lay my hat

How long ago was that?

I remember they had some beast a few years ago.

I think his name was Jason Fraser or something like that but I might be buggin'.

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

laugh.gif
 %%$?

Dudes I knew growing up always said 'real talk', 'pause', 'no %@#%', 'b' etc in Cleveland. But if you think that words are destined to stay in one area forever; you're crazy.

And Cleveland never felt like a Midwest city to me anyway and the people I knew growing up always felt the same. When you say Midwest, I always think St Louis, Kansas City, Indiana etc. I'm implementing that Cleveland is an East Coast city but I know in school they preached that Cleveland was a city where the East Coast met the West. It was never considered a Midwest city by locals.

And if you really want to argue where 'real talk' came from, some people will tell you that it came from Oakland. So you cant really claim a phrase as popular as 'real talk' because it's spoken literal. It's not something like 'pause' where it pardons a gay statement but has no direct or root meaning from the word.

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

laugh.gif
 %%$?

Dudes I knew growing up always said 'real talk', 'pause', 'no %@#%', 'b' etc in Cleveland. But if you think that words are destined to stay in one area forever; you're crazy.

And Cleveland never felt like a Midwest city to me anyway and the people I knew growing up always felt the same. When you say Midwest, I always think St Louis, Kansas City, Indiana etc. I'm implementing that Cleveland is an East Coast city but I know in school they preached that Cleveland was a city where the East Coast met the West. It was never considered a Midwest city by locals.

And if you really want to argue where 'real talk' came from, some people will tell you that it came from Oakland. So you cant really claim a phrase as popular as 'real talk' because it's spoken literal. It's not something like 'pause' where it pardons a gay statement but has no direct or root meaning from the word.

Man I wish we had a regional forum so that I wouldn't have to hear about people talking about their states.

Man I wish we had a regional forum so that I wouldn't have to hear about people talking about their states.

Back
Top Bottom