(between 55th St & 56th St)
New York, NY 10022

good food. reasonably priced.

Fresh Basil's Trattoria
663 Lexington Ave
(between 55th St & 56th St)
New York, NY 10022

good food. reasonably priced.

Raos is nice but is beyond exclusive I doubt you'll get in and from what I hear their food is mediocre

Raos is nice but is beyond exclusive I doubt you'll get in and from what I hear their food is mediocre

Originally Posted by dimsum1

Originally Posted by you go boy

carmines

Carmines is cool, but i like Tony's Di Napoli a lot better. same concept - family style with sharing portions. but the menu is bigger and offers more variety. and i personally find the food better at Tony's. Also, it's not as much of a tourist spot like Carmines is. Don't get me wrong, it's almost always busy just like Carmines. But it's usually filled with locals and/or locals who are bringing their friends from out of town. I find Carmines is packed because all the tourists go there. 
Tony's is just on the other side of broadway in times square on 43rd street. highly recommended. its a casual, fun, family spot. not too high end and great for a date. 
Yep go to Tony's....there is one on 87st or so and like 1st ave

Originally Posted by dimsum1

Originally Posted by you go boy

carmines

Carmines is cool, but i like Tony's Di Napoli a lot better. same concept - family style with sharing portions. but the menu is bigger and offers more variety. and i personally find the food better at Tony's. Also, it's not as much of a tourist spot like Carmines is. Don't get me wrong, it's almost always busy just like Carmines. But it's usually filled with locals and/or locals who are bringing their friends from out of town. I find Carmines is packed because all the tourists go there. 
Tony's is just on the other side of broadway in times square on 43rd street. highly recommended. its a casual, fun, family spot. not too high end and great for a date. 
Yep go to Tony's....there is one on 87st or so and like 1st ave

TONY'S DI NAPOLI UPPER EAST SIDE IS CLOSED
frown.gif

It was right by my house, 83rd and 2nd, it was good.
I'd suggest Otto if a valentines day reservation wouldn't be impossible at this point :/

TONY'S DI NAPOLI UPPER EAST SIDE IS CLOSED
frown.gif

It was right by my house, 83rd and 2nd, it was good.
I'd suggest Otto if a valentines day reservation wouldn't be impossible at this point :/

Although I like Carmines, I wouldn't recommend it, since is more o a family style restaurant with HUGE portions, Inwood has a bunchhh of lowkey, classy restaurants
smokin.gif
if you want to stay in the city, by 14th and 5th you have Mesa Grill, Bobby Flays restaurant, place is dim, has a nice bar ad the food is excelllent!...took my wife there, we had two entress, one appetizer, I had wine and she had a margarita and the most delicious coconut cake I've ever tasted, it came out to 160$ tip included, the service was excellent as well, I highly recommend it.

Although I like Carmines, I wouldn't recommend it, since is more o a family style restaurant with HUGE portions, Inwood has a bunchhh of lowkey, classy restaurants
smokin.gif
if you want to stay in the city, by 14th and 5th you have Mesa Grill, Bobby Flays restaurant, place is dim, has a nice bar ad the food is excelllent!...took my wife there, we had two entress, one appetizer, I had wine and she had a margarita and the most delicious coconut cake I've ever tasted, it came out to 160$ tip included, the service was excellent as well, I highly recommend it.

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

Cucina Di Pesce
87 E 4th St
(between 2nd Ave & 3rd Ave)
New York, NY 10003
Neighborhood: East Village
(212) 260-6800

Its a nice little spot in the LES, probably about a 10$ cab ride from grand central,  small very personal italian spot with great prices.
pimp.gif
I was JUST coming in here to say this. I used to use this as a first date spot before I got into a serious relationship. If you go before 6pm there is an early bird special that includes soup and wine. Even without the early bird special you might pay at the most $70 with 2 meals, a bottle of wine, and dessert.

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

Cucina Di Pesce
87 E 4th St
(between 2nd Ave & 3rd Ave)
New York, NY 10003
Neighborhood: East Village
(212) 260-6800

Its a nice little spot in the LES, probably about a 10$ cab ride from grand central,  small very personal italian spot with great prices.
pimp.gif
I was JUST coming in here to say this. I used to use this as a first date spot before I got into a serious relationship. If you go before 6pm there is an early bird special that includes soup and wine. Even without the early bird special you might pay at the most $70 with 2 meals, a bottle of wine, and dessert.

Back
Top Bottom