NYC Taxi Driver beaten to death by 3 teenage girls

3 in Custody in Deadly NYC Cab Confrontation, 2 Teenage Girls Sought:

Cab driver Kutin Gyimah chased the group that tried to skip out on their fare. They turned on him, cops said. He fell and hit his head on cement and later died. He was 52.

Screenshot_20220818-230722_Chrome.jpg

RIP.

:smh: ages 13-16... In b4 NT'ers believe they shouldn't get the book thrown at them.

Came in here thinking this was the same thread as last year.

So these 5 kids skipped out on their fare, then beat him to death when he chased after them?
Disgusting. Kids really be different these days.

RIP to the driver. No one deserves to die while making a living for their family legally.

Last edited:

Amos was charged with manslaughter and gang assaultThursday and sent to jail without bail.

He had been arrested 10 previous times, including for robbery and sexual misconduct, and he’s listed by the NYPD as a “robbery recidivist,” sources told The Post.

Dude was 20 and already 10 arrest under his belt. :wow:

Link to the victim's GoFundMe account.
I hope the family gets all the help they need after this. Whatever the money amount, the 4 children will never had their father back.

I dunno how I feel about this stuff. I just buried a cousin in California last thanksgiving for being young and dumb. Rip to the cab driver and prayers up for his family.

Analytically thinking, cause I myself have contemplated driving for a living...
#1. What was the purpose of chasing? They most likely didn't have any money on them in the first place. Why not submit a dashcam recording to police and let them handle it?

#2. Not to mention being outnumbered, another possible scenario that could a happened was GTA -one of em coulda distracted him while the other hops in the Taxi and skates off. Now your out of both the Fare AND vehicle.

#3. Why be a Cash taxi in 2022? It's much safer with Uber and Lyft as long as your car isn't more than 15 years old, anyone is eligible. If your car is older, you could always Doordash or do some other type of delivery service.

#1. What was the purpose of chasing? They most likely didn't have any money on them in the first place. Why not submit a dashcam recording to police and let them handle it?

#2. Not to mention being outnumbered, another possible scenario that could a happened was GTA -one of em coulda distracted him while the other hops in the Taxi and skates off. Now your out of both the Fare AND vehicle.

#3. Why be a Cash taxi in 2022? It's much safer with Uber and Lyft as long as your car isn't more than 15 years old, anyone is eligible. If your car is older, you could always Doordash or do some other type of delivery service.
Immigrant. Whole family to feed. These days yellow cab drivers NEED the money. Bro might not have had the money to afford his own car and did yellow cab because they give them out for the shift.

Sometimes you just have to take the L. We're living in a different time, people out here don't give any Fs. It's not worth it to pursue them, especially when there is no guarantee you'll even get any money from them. These cabbies should keep some kind of weapon on them at all times. Maybe even put the child locks on the doors so people can't skip out on the fair.

Hard to tell someone (in the moment) to not be emotional and "irrational."

We don't know what we would do in that situation forreal.

Pride is running through our brains and we see people WATCHING. We probably would "fight" just so we wouldn't look like a sucka.

Believe me I completely understand that response, however, I've also seen how many ways it can go wrong for the victim. That's why I'm saying it's better to take the L, and move differently afterwards to hopefully prevent it from happening again.

People are being killed for less bro.
I dont think this would end well

We're talking about a yellow cab right? Don't they have those bullet proof glass separating them and the customers still? This way the driver is safe, and he/she can call the cops.

Most people dont live or act logically.
I dont want to say this is victim blaming. but it sounds like victim blaming.

RIP to the victim and his family. If there is any justice hopefully the families of the killers can somehow be held accountable or liable.

With the way these kids/juveniles are these days the fact of the matter is states are going to have to start building more jails for kids.

Back
Top Bottom