NYC Trip!! ***need suggestions***

NYC NT locals and/or past visitors, I would like your feedback!

Along with some of my boys, we'll be going to Brooklyn/NYC from Thursday, Nov 1 to Saturday Nov 3rd.

Only events planned so far:

> Thursday Night: Knicks @ Nets (Barclays Center)
> Friday Night:: Heat @ Knicks (MSG)

I've been to NYC before and done a lot of the touristy things (empire state, times square, state of liberty, wall street, roc center, ground zero, etc), however I'll probably visit those landmarks again since this will be the 1st time going to NYC for 2 of my boys *kanye shrug*

Can anyone suggest any MUST-SEE/MUST-GO-TO landmarks/places/food spots?

As for additional must-see, we'll be hitting up the Brooklyn Bridge, MoMa, Rucker, Yankee Stadium.

Foodwise, we'll be hitting up Ippudo, 53rd halal cart, shake shack, kat'z deli, lombardi's & joe's shanghai.

Holla!!

Last edited:
Heard over to the Marcy projects, I heard they are lovely this time of year.

Of all burger places in the city you want to go to Shake Shack? Really? Grand Canyon Burger on Montague Street in Brooklyn Heights is one of my favorite burger joints in the city. Well worth the money you spend.

The halal cart on 53rd and 6th is overrated as well. I don't get the hype.

Thanks for the feedback. Except for those trying to get me killed.

Yes, I will be trying Shake Shack (4 stars, 3000 yelp reviews. curiosity killing the cali cat) Same goes for the Halal cart.

What else is there to do in Brooklyn??

It always amuses me to hear people talk about visiting regular **** here. Rucker in November? Dude, it's a basketball court! It's not gonna glow or something :lol:. Man idk, do some more research and carve out your own experience.

It always amuses me to hear people talk about visiting regular **** here. Rucker in November? Dude, it's a basketball court! It's not gonna glow or something :lol:. Man idk, do some more research and carve out your own experience.

Seriously, your futile response was futile. Reading is also fundamental; the main reason why i'm visiting those "regular" **** spots is b/c i have two friends who have never been to NYC before. Thanks for nothing!

Seriously, your futile response was futile. Reading is also fundamental; the main reason why i'm visiting those "regular" **** spots is b/c i have two friends who have never been to NYC before. Thanks for nothing!

Your still visiting a regular court.... What is there to see? I dont get it? :nerd:

imo, if im visiting somewhere i rather tour the stadium than sit for like 2.5+hrs there when i can be doing other things. however, if thats your thing, do you.

From Cali as well and def hit up shake shack and especially halal cart. the line was long, but it was moving pretty quick. That red sauce is no joke...had me dying.

2927 FREDERICK DOUGLAS BLVD, NEW YORK, NY 10039. put that address into google maps, go into street view, show it to your friends then ask if they still want to go

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. Except for those trying to get me killed.
Yes, I will be trying Shake Shack (4 stars, 3000 yelp reviews. curiosity killing the cali cat) Same goes for the Halal cart.
What else is there to do in Brooklyn??
To each his own. The portions at Shake Shack aren't worth the money and once you've eaten at one Halal cart you've eaten at them all.

And Rucker in November? That's something you during the Summer when the tournament is going on. Its your trip.

Tourists
laugh.gif

Last edited:
OK, if Rucker Park isnt recommended, can you guys provide any other suggestions in Brooklyn?

Peter Luger's for steaks. Usually have to make reservations weeks in advance.

Biergartern in Brooklyn for beers.

anyone know any exotic/atypical places to eat around NYC? i'm talking about stuff that isnt italian, chinese, mexican, japanese, bbq grill/steak house, american diner, vietnamese, malaysian. something out of the ordinary... only thing i can think of that i haven't tried in NYC is probably indian and korean food. anyone else know other places?

anyone know any exotic/atypical places to eat around NYC? i'm talking about stuff that isnt italian, chinese, mexican, japanese, bbq grill/steak house, american diner, vietnamese, malaysian. something out of the ordinary... only thing i can think of that i haven't tried in NYC is probably indian and korean food. anyone else know other places?
yeah go to brighton beach in Brooklyn for a taste of russian food and culture. something you probably wont see in most of the US. PM me if you want some specific spots

I offer a common sense piece of advice as a Brooklynite and I get a stupid *** response :smh:. This is why I don't give serious advice around here anymore. You want a local's perspective? Have someone who is local show you around. Simple as that. Other than that, the rest is on you to research prior to coming here and explore. Seems like you got that part, however, you don't have much time. Good luck with your weekend trip.....

Back
Top Bottom