NYCers...Halal Cart on 53rd and 6th...

What's the best meat to get. (II)

Beef, chicken, or lamb? Or all three?

And where do they put the rice?
laugh.gif
I don't see it in any of the pics posted. Is it typical to get rice?

nerd.gif

Lamb and lamb only.

I ate about two spoonfuls before passing out last night...took the leftovers and gave it a quick stir fry, added some crisp iceberg lettuce (the KEY to the dish).

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

What's the best meat to get. (II)

Beef, chicken, or lamb? Or all three?

And where do they put the rice?
laugh.gif
I don't see it in any of the pics posted. Is it typical to get rice?

nerd.gif

I've never seen beef available.  Just lamb & chicken,  And the rice is under all that meat.  Trust me, you get a hefty amount of rice in those containers

all you see there now are a bunch of penny pinching koreans acting like it's a jordan release

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

4488493981_a469284041.jpg

4495673797_0ba8ff8d03.jpg

Went on my trip to NYC a few weeks back. This place is the truth.
pimp.gif
We need some of these out in California for sure.
Hit up the east bay around Fremont, or go to SJ. theres alot of good middle eastern spots, just not in carts

My question is... why do tons of people line up at that one cart, when the same food by the same people is being sold at another cart across the street?

Originally Posted by RC103DC

My question is... why do tons of people line up at that one cart, when the same food by the same people is being sold at another cart across the street?

fine by me.  I go across the street and get my food in 5 min. tops while dudes be waitin' an hour
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

fine by me.  I go across the street and get my food in 5 min. tops while dudes be waitin' an hour
laugh.gif

The yellow bags is their signature right?

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

laugh.gif

Both sides have the yellow bags.  Honestly ive been to each side dozens of times, and there really isnt a difference that I could tell, other than the west side being for tourists, and the east side being the same ishh with no line.

Originally Posted by sheistbugz

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

laugh.gif

Both sides have the yellow bags.  Honestly ive been to each side dozens of times, and there really isnt a difference that I could tell, other than the west side being for tourists, and the east side being the same ishh with no line.

Plus you can get cooked onions/green peppers on the east side.  Really sets the dish off

Back
Top Bottom