Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
JR Starks...

laugh.gif

With JR it's not even that he's streaky. There's lot of streaky players in the league. It's how long his bad streaks last. It's weeks at a time smh.

Some of y'all are so in love with Melo it's :x
Melo aint the best in the league but he's the best we got. He hasn't grown much and that's mostly on him and partially the bums he's surrounded with that he doesn't trust much.

If he wasn't on this team we'd have no wins currently.

Last edited:
i never read/heard Melo saying that he 'misses Kidd's leadership' but im sure its not what he meant.

if yall closely watched the games this season and compared it to last season, our point guards, Kidd/Priggy actually look to find Melo in the post. as opposed to Felton/Udrih.

you can see Melo work his *** off to get post position, which will take some time off the clock. then you see Felton look for him first. but then looks him off and swings it to the opposite side. which ends up being a JR iso or whatever since he's the only one on that side. Melo is then tired of 'wasting' his time and stops working for post position and decides to go full iso, or take a perimeter jumper.

Felton looking him off is huge. one of the reasons why i dont like Felton in the first place. how do you not go to your first option?!
the whole offense is based on Melo getting the attention of the defense, then they double, then the pass out, swing, open shot for Shump/JR/ Bargs
to me, THAT is the or SHOULD be the FIRST option (and thats what was working last year. not chucking up 3s from the start)

that is what i think Melo means by 'missing Kidd's leadership'
Kidd/ Priggy will feed the ball to Melo and more importantly find the hot hand. if Felton/ Udrih cant find Melo, they create for themselves or swing it

Kidd knew who the first option is and would find the hot hand.
also, if Melo passes out of the post, to repost, Kidd would feed him right back. Ive seen games where Melo would pass out and repost, and Felton swings the ball to the other side. which if i were Melo, would be pissed and hold the ball for my own shot :lol:

and when Melo isos, theres no off ball screens or any movement from the other 4. they just chill at the 3 watching Melo.

also, 3-13 after tonight.

im predicting:
-Davis will have a solid game (25 pts, 10-15 rbs, 3-5 blks)
-Jrue will step up just for tonight
-Ryan Anderson and Gordon will go off from 3

i have no faith in this squad and in Hamburglar aka Felton

Hearing Melo say they miss "leadership" reflects on him. You're 29 years old, been in the league for 10 years. Cut the BS, you are the veteran in this league. Ever other person in the draft class that you came in with that is still playing is looked at as veteran leadership. Lost a little respect for him saying that.

Knicks wearing orange for the game, which means I'm not watching.

Can somebody post that Melo we miss Kidd's leadership quote.

I think I would've saw that all on the back of the post and daily news.

Last edited:
“That makeup of the team was different [last year],’’ said Anthony, who lost another homecoming game in Denver. “With J-Kidd, he was a leader in his own right. He wasn’t a vocal leader like a Rasheed [Wallace] or Kurt Thomas. He was leader by example on the court. His hard work, his play, everyone fed off that. And everyone led in their own way. Now we do miss that — J-Kidd, Kurt, Kurt and Rasheed. Last year as a team we were more synchronized than right now due to chemistry, due to having fun, due to just having one another’s back.’’

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....s-miss-leadership-of-kidd-rest-of-old-roster/

So he basically wants all of the old vets back so he doesn't have to do all the things they did.

In a slightly different way this speaks to Woodson's failings.

Last edited:
Probably another L or an ugly win where we look nothing like a team with a plan.

If we lose tonight, Woody has until the Nets game I think.

We lose that then he has to go. We are playing poor to average teams for the next 12 games.

Up until now we've been even worse than any of them, but we have a chance to right the ship.

Melo aint the best in the league but he's the best we got. He hasn't grown much and that's mostly on him and partially the bums he's surrounded with that he doesn't trust much.

If he wasn't on this team we'd have no wins currently.

Three wins compared to no wins? That's like comparing a car with no tires to a car that has one tire - You're still not moving.

We seriously have to start considering trading Melo if this continues. Or else he'll leave us in Free Agency and we'll have nothing. We can't do a sign and trade since we're over the cap. It's seriously needs to be an option on the table before the deadline.

We'll never get equal value for him, it's impossible, but we need some assets and draft picks. Or else we're screwed for the next 4-6 years. It'll be the Marbury era all over again.

This team can still make a run tho, the east is just so damn bad we can easily make the playoffs. But even then, that's still not acceptable with our salary.

Last edited:
Earl has soreness in his knee.

Tonight is the night we win in our orange jerseys

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom