• B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ 19m
Woodson's most puzzling comment: We brought back Carmelo into the game in 4Q bc "we weren't gaining any ground." That's simply not true.

Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ 18m
From when Melo exited -- w/ 10:45 left in 4Q to when he came back w/ 6:20 left -- Knicks went on 13-8 run and took a 3-point lead.

Those subs changed the game for the worse.

He killed our momentum.

Last edited:
Glad I had plans and missed the game had that battered Knicks fan feeling it would be a heartbreaker.

Momentum was in the Wizards' favor when JR made gave Beal a three point play. I knew it was over at that point. Phil Jackson was unmoved by Melo's big shot, he was just waiting for the loss.
That was def a bone headed JR play. However JR wasn't just regular hot. That was the best well see outta him this year whatever happens.

Watched the last 2:30 at my mom's house. Every time I watch a Knicks game I think of this thread and the collective throwing up of the arms that goes on here when things don't go exactly as planned.
Or nah?

Blame Carmelo? Son has had less than five bad games this year. I'm not blaming Carmelo. I'm tired of giving the ball to him only in these situations though. Very predictable and forced each time.

Blame Carmelo? Son has had less than five bad games this year. I'm not blaming Carmelo. I'm tired of giving the ball to him only in these situations though. Very predictable and forced each time.
I mean, what are you going to do? He's the team's best player. How do you NOT give him the ball? He just lost it at the end. It happens. I have no qualms with Melo this season. This season is not on him. 

Woodson coached us out of this game and this season.

Just when the players start clicking, STAT playing well on both ends of the floor, Shump beasting on the defense again, JR's shooting flames, Pablo developing and offensive flow.....you try to ride a hurt Melo to a W the cheap way and it all backfires.

This game is the ultimate metaphor for our season.

I mean, what are you going to do? He's the team's best player. How do you NOT give him the ball? He just lost it at the end. It happens. I have no qualms with Melo this season. This season is not on him. 

I don't think you give him the ball there. He was out of the game. Turnovers, bad passes, looked careless. I haven't seen him like this all season. It was good seeing him not shoot as much though. Then, he was guarded and Felton almost turned it over trying to get the ball to him. Predictable *** play. Give it to someone else. 22 seconds. We can't figure something out?

I don't think you give him the ball there. He was out of the game. Turnovers, bad passes, looked careless. I haven't seen him like this all season. It was good seeing him not shoot as much though. Then, he was guarded and Felton almost turned it over trying to get the ball to him. Predictable *** play. Give it to someone else. 22 seconds. We can't figure something out?
Damn. I didn't see most of the game just basically the last 5 min or so. In that case, then yeah a better play should have been drawn up. But, Sn doesn't care he knows he's out anyway.

its not about melo having a bad game and also ruining the last play...he had a great season and hes due for a bad game because well hes not a machine/robot and can come back to earth and play like a regular human being...the problem is woodson failing to make a great play call from coming out of a timeout instead of using melo to waste time out of the shot clock and chuck it up and lose like jamal in the isiah/brown era....

Props to the people pointing out JR's horrid foul on Beal. Unless you're LeBron James, most players know not to foul while chasing a player who has an open path to the basket. Yes, you hustle back just in case the player blows the shot attempt. But everyone at this point should know NOT TO FOUL. If it's Andre Miller, I could maybe see JR gambling there. But you've got to know your opponent. Beal is clearly not someone to challenge there.

And as hot as JR was for the first 3 quarters and a half, his shot selection was poor towards the end of the 4th. He definitely cooled down and was reverting to JR from early in the season. I'm guessing that is what prompted Woodson to insert Melo at that point.

I'm not putting the blame all on JR. But I AM saying that he shouldn't get a pass here either.

welp.
this was a hard game to watch near the end.

-Melo had a bad game
-JR had a great game
-relied on JR too much down the stretch
-Woodsons an idiot

-we were on a nice lil run with Priggy, THJr, Shump, JR and Stat at the 6min mark. then Woodson subs in Melo for Stat
i mean Melo hadnt hit a shot since the 1st quarter and had 7 TOs when he checked in.

-as soon as Melo subbed in, the Wiz had a mini run with Beal leading the charge.
and Shump had Beal in check for most of the 4th quarter, until he switched to someone else when Melo subbed in.

-that is Woodson at his finest. messing up with a lineup that had chemistry and were playing well
SMH

i think we can pull out a win on Sunday.
like always, we play up to the competition/ hype of the game.
especially lately with the Warriors/Nets.

i got hope if:
-Melo shows up
-JR continues his play
-THJr and Shump play well

god dammit man. i went out for drinks at 1am to ease the pain, but it's still there bros

someone call my mom. tell her i love her....

We need to win at least 4/5 and hope Atlanta just tanks hard...it's not over...but this loss was crucial

Lol @ ppl questioning "if Melo shows up" as if he hasn't been carrying this team the entire season while playing enormous minutes. :lol:

Dude has one bad game & now ppl seem to have forgotten that dude has been the only one showing up for most of the season(maybe Amare too)

JR has one great game, commits an extremely stupid foul in crunch time, & gets a pass as if he's been showing up every game.

I said this earlier, you live & die w/ your best player. That's how it goes. JR certainly isn't our best player. Melo will show up for the rest of these games, that's one thing I can count. Unless he's badly hurt like he shows on his face.

That last play you run it for amare or jr.
Felton was open for another three though just sayingggggg. He did hit the previous 3

That last play you run it for amare or jr.
Felton was open for another three though just sayingggggg. He did hit the previous 3

I was thinking that. Why didn't they just run the play that worked for them the PREVIOUS play? But hey, it's over. We now have a tough 5 game stretch to end this season.

22 seconds left...why not run that play where it's Felton, Melo, and Tyson at the top of the key and Melo hands it to Felton, Tyson sets a screen and rolls. It results in an oop or an easy Felton layup almost every time...

Back
Top Bottom