NYU professor supposedly fired over giving James Franco a "D" in class.

So one professor saying differently should change the absurd idea of 62 hours of credits all being attended regularly? I'd even question that Yale's professor integrity as far as only missing that one class.

There's also another practical way to look at it as Franco attended classes he enjoyed. I've routinely skipped and eventually dropped electives I didn't like while in the same day an hr before or after there would be a class I did attend.

Originally Posted by will068

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

/\ had to earn my grades...

whats yours?

relax, they're arts courses..
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Damn, this dude still videoconferenced his PHD course while he was shooting a film, the week his father died.

I'm gonna take this dude's word published in Slate over a failed professor.

Good article on slate. I think that is just one salty professor who shouldn't be disclosing personal things like grades to the world.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Damn, this dude still videoconferenced his PHD course while he was shooting a film, the week his father died.

So its impossible for both stories to be true?

Originally Posted by FallenGodofWar

I believe both are true. One teach was witht the crap, and one wasn't . Stuff happens

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

So one professor saying differently should change the absurd idea of 62 hours of credits all being attended regularly? I'd even question that Yale's professor integrity as far as only missing that one class.

There's also another practical way to look at it as Franco attended classes he enjoyed. I've routinely skipped and eventually dropped electives I didn't like while in the same day an hr before or after there would be a class I did attend.
This has nothing to do with the original article...sure you can go to a class you like...but the class you only showed up for 2 times you should fail for...it's only fair.  Unless he's probably throwing wads of money at the institution.

What got me so mad was that the rest of the students have to earn their grade but Franco and NYU and probably other schools he's attended expect preferential treatment.  They should just give him an honorary phd right now if that's how their gonna play it.

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

Yeah ........................... but this is NYU though, all they do is cater to rich, snobbish, spoiled students

this is not me being saltly .. I've heard this from several of my former Hunter professors that also taught at NYU
kinda knew this already but it's interesting that you mentioned Hunter. Since I heard similar stories when I was at Hunter.

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Originally Posted by Fresh Prince of Nowhere

Probably not, it was an insightful article tho
Thought it was a great article.
Dont really see how that was a great article
That a professor was willing to go to bat for him??
nerd.gif

I have a few that would do that for me, I that in itself is awesome and of course not needed.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Why is James Franco in college  ?

Sons got like half dozen degree's and Im pretty sure hes even teaching a class somewhere.  Dudes just going ham.
Yeah, the media made a big deal about him taking all these classes at a few of the top schools.  Now we probably know why he was able to do all of that if the professors were kissing his butt.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Originally Posted by FallenGodofWar

I believe both are true. One teach was witht the crap, and one wasn't . Stuff happens

just the perception that dude signs up to 20 classes and trollfaces his way to finals, I don't believe.

Back
Top Bottom