Oahu, Hawaii trip...I need some tips

For the record, the Paradise Cove Luau I went to was a pure waste of my time.

It wasn't worth the time, effort, or money. I just had to get that off my chest.

All of the luaus are for tourists
laugh.gif
They're expensive and you would be better off attending a performance of a halau (hula group) and then eatingsomewhere else after. Free and authentic.

my 2 fav things when I was there...
snorkling at Hanauma Bay
prime rib at Haleiwa Joes (seriously, this was one of the best meals I have ever eaten)
and as others have mentioned, the west side is not a good spot for tourists.

Scuba dive, if you have the chance.
Snorkle at Hanauma Bay, at least.
Definitely check out Mai Tai's.
Eat at Side Street Inn.

Other than that, just enjoy the weather and the scenery...

Originally Posted by Jillian808

Mai Tais is cool but do NOT act up there
laugh.gif
If you're with anyone who can't handle their alcohol, don't go there. There are always fights.
Thats the first thing I saw when I got to the parking lot over there
laugh.gif

Thought I was gonna be in for a long night. But actually met some nice locals over there, and was even able to get a ride back to the telly instead of taking acab.

Speaking of food my aunt took me to some mom&pop Korean BBQ spot in Aiea. Don't remember the name but it was one of the best meals of my life
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Originally Posted by Jillian808

Mai Tais is cool but do NOT act up there
laugh.gif
If you're with anyone who can't handle their alcohol, don't go there. There are always fights.
Thats the first thing I saw when I got to the parking lot over there
laugh.gif

Thought I was gonna be in for a long night. But actually met some nice locals over there, and was even able to get a ride back to the telly instead of taking a cab.

Speaking of food my aunt took me to some mom&pop Korean BBQ spot in Aiea. Don't remember the name but it was one of the best meals of my life
pimp.gif

Soons? Wait, was it in a big shopping center? Two story? Anyway, true story: there are always fights there but tons of cool local people too
smile.gif

soons is in salt lake.

hope dude ain't talking about kim chee #7 by jailridge. that place sucks.

- Leilow (check out Jules' Hypebeast blog today
wink.gif
)
- In4mation
- Kicks/HI
- Fitted

- Hawaii by Night
wink.gif
laugh.gif

I really enjoy hitting the North Shore when I get a chance...don't hurt yourself trying to do backflips off the rock in Waimea.

UNCLE BO's allllldayyyy, on Kapahulu ave. - reasonable/ great grinds(food)

if u into the clubs come check me out at OCEANS 808 fri/sat on ala moana blvd... all local girls
pimp.gif
devil.gif

PM me about oceans il hook it up

Back
Top Bottom