Oakland Athletics 2010 Season Thread (27-23) (@ Texas)

smokin.gif

I still remember a few years ago when Gammons picked Crosby to be the MVP one year...I was
roll.gif

Originally Posted by jrp44

I still remember a few years ago when Gammons picked Crosby to be the MVP one year...I was
roll.gif

i think harold reynolds also picked crosby, too
grin.gif

he could never stay healthy

hopefully the young pitching continues to develop. andrew bailey
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DMan14

roll.gif

grin.gif

pimp.gif

it will continue to develop then they'll get dumped when they're up for a new contract. same cycle of talent the a's are used to with Beane.

they should name them the AAA's because they just get rid of their good players
smh.gif
Tejada, Giambi, Hudson, McGwire, Swisher, even Zito i used to love togot to the coliseum to see the a's and now i go for free and dont care about them.

The Orioles? Millwood 30-0 .43 era? Come on Bmore get us back in the playoffs lol.

All you stupid Giants fans, get out. Bringing up the same issue over and over as if making a new discovery.

As for the smart Giants fans, stick around, let's talk Bay Area baseball.

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

roll.gif

grin.gif

pimp.gif

it will continue to develop then they'll get dumped when they're up for a new contract. same cycle of talent the a's are used to with Beane.
true, but they made a HUGE mistake when the decided to keep chavez instead of miggy. dont know what beane was doing
ohwell.gif

any big bats coming up this yr?

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

roll.gif

grin.gif

pimp.gif

true, but they made a HUGE mistake when the decided to keep chavez instead of miggy. dont know what beane was doing
ohwell.gif

any big bats coming up this yr?
Cris Carter and Brett Wallace have huge hype around them for their bats.

I think we should trade for one more bat, find something a bit more stable at short.

There's also some talk about Jake Fox, but I don't know much about him.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

All you stupid Giants fans, get out. Bringing up the same issue over and over as if making a new discovery.

I hope thats not directed at me. I am and always have been a very unbiased baseball fan. Its just when someone makes a thread which is titled"What's stopping an A's World Series This Year," OBVIOUSLY people are going to come in and talk trash. So my friend, what about A'sbaseball would you like to discuss?

Originally Posted by dland24

I hope thats not directed at me. I am and always have been a very unbiased baseball fan. Its just when someone makes a thread which is titled "What's stopping an A's World Series This Year," OBVIOUSLY people are going to come in and talk trash. So my friend, what about A's baseball would you like to discuss?

laugh.gif
you make me laugh, dland, but in a good way. No, that comment was notdirected towards you.

I wonder how seriously you Giants fans take this 'rivalry' with us. To be completely honest, I really don't have any negative feelings towards theGiants. I love your guys' stadium, you have some great fans who are respectful and knowledgable. I'm just irked by these offhand comments peopel makeabout how the A's handle their players (I especially love that post that one dude made, where at least half those players he listed left as free agents,and he posed it as if the A's forced them out). More often than not, the trades that the A's have made have strengthened the club, not made it weaker.Dan Haren was flipped for Carlos Gonzalez and more, then he was flipped for Matt Holiday, and Holiday was flipped for a top-flight prospect and some change. Wedo things differently, but frankly, it doesn't mean we're worse. We compete in a different way, and that means taking our bad turns at different timesthan other clubs.

That's really all I want to say. Again, I'm not interested in fighting with Giants fans. I'd much rather discuss Bay Area ball with them, sincethey outnumber us A's fans 10-1 on Nike Talk.

Originally Posted by dland24

I hope thats not directed at me. I am and always have been a very unbiased baseball fan. Its just when someone makes a thread which is titled "What's stopping an A's World Series This Year," OBVIOUSLY people are going to come in and talk trash. So my friend, what about A's baseball would you like to discuss?

laugh.gif
you make me laugh, dland, but in a good way. No, that comment was not directed towards you.

I wonder how seriously you Giants fans take this 'rivalry' with us. To be completely honest, I really don't have any negative feelings towards the Giants. I love your guys' stadium, you have some great fans who are respectful and knowledgable. I'm just irked by these offhand comments peopel make about how the A's handle their players (I especially love that post that one dude made, where at least half those players he listed left as free agents, and he posed it as if the A's forced them out). More often than not, the trades that the A's have made have strengthened the club, not made it weaker. Dan Haren was flipped for Carlos Gonzalez and more, then he was flipped for Matt Holiday, and Holiday was flipped for a top-flight prospect and some change. We do things differently, but frankly, it doesn't mean we're worse. We compete in a different way, and that means taking our bad turns at different times than other clubs.

That's really all I want to say. Again, I'm not interested in fighting with Giants fans. I'd much rather discuss Bay Area ball with them, since they outnumber us A's fans 10-1 on Nike Talk.
This is what I hate though, what to do with my Carlos Gonzales & Sean Gallagher jerseys
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom