Oakland Athletics 2010 Season Thread (27-23) (@ Texas)

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by dland24

All you stupid Giants fans, get out. Bringing up the same issue over and over as if making a new discovery.

As for the smart Giants fans, stick around, let's talk Bay Area baseball.

I hope thats not directed at me. I am and always have been a very unbiased baseball fan. Its just when someone makes a thread which is titled "What's stopping an A's World Series This Year," OBVIOUSLY people are going to come in and talk trash. So my friend, what about A's baseball would you like to discuss?

laugh.gif
you make me laugh, dland, but in a good way. No, that comment was not directed towards you.

I wonder how seriously you Giants fans take this 'rivalry' with us. To be completely honest, I really don't have any negative feelings towards the Giants. I love your guys' stadium, you have some great fans who are respectful and knowledgable. I'm just irked by these offhand comments peopel make about how the A's handle their players (I especially love that post that one dude made, where at least half those players he listed left as free agents, and he posed it as if the A's forced them out). More often than not, the trades that the A's have made have strengthened the club, not made it weaker. Dan Haren was flipped for Carlos Gonzalez and more, then he was flipped for Matt Holiday, and Holiday was flipped for a top-flight prospect and some change. We do things differently, but frankly, it doesn't mean we're worse. We compete in a different way, and that means taking our bad turns at different times than other clubs.

That's really all I want to say. Again, I'm not interested in fighting with Giants fans. I'd much rather discuss Bay Area ball with them, since they outnumber us A's fans 10-1 on Nike Talk.

i hate no hate towards a's at all.i go to more a's games than giants and enjoyed to watch them when they had all of thoses players. true they didntforce them out but they trade then for prospects so theres no chane that they could develope into a championship caiiber team. Look at the 2006 A's theywent to ALCS and a year later the main contributor were either traded or left as free agents

I hope the A's own the Angels this year and this is coming from a Giants fan. Sick of those SoCal teams getting shine and I hate the Mariners.
laugh.gif

All you stupid Giants fans, get out. Bringing up the same issue over and over as if making a new discovery.

I hope thats not directed at me. I am and always have been a very unbiased baseball fan. Its just when someone makes a thread which is titled "What's stopping an A's World Series This Year," OBVIOUSLY people are going to come in and talk trash. So my friend, what about A's baseball would you like to discuss?

laugh.gif
you make me laugh, dland, but in a good way. No, that comment was not directed towards you.

I wonder how seriously you Giants fans take this 'rivalry' with us. To be completely honest, I really don't have any negative feelings towards the Giants. I love your guys' stadium, you have some great fans who are respectful and knowledgable. I'm just irked by these offhand comments peopel make about how the A's handle their players (I especially love that post that one dude made, where at least half those players he listed left as free agents, and he posed it as if the A's forced them out). More often than not, the trades that the A's have made have strengthened the club, not made it weaker. Dan Haren was flipped for Carlos Gonzalez and more, then he was flipped for Matt Holiday, and Holiday was flipped for a top-flight prospect and some change. We do things differently, but frankly, it doesn't mean we're worse. We compete in a different way, and that means taking our bad turns at different times than other clubs.

That's really all I want to say. Again, I'm not interested in fighting with Giants fans. I'd much rather discuss Bay Area ball with them, since they outnumber us A's fans 10-1 on Nike Talk.

tell me about it giants fans can have their 478392479 splash hits but they havent won anything since moving to california and they act as if they own the bayarea geez
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

laugh.gif

tell me about it giants fans can have their 478392479 splash hits but they havent won anything since moving to california and they act as if they own the bay area geez
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

True they havnt won anything but they do own the bay. Giants get more media coverage than a's. KNBR talks bout Giants all the time cuz its their radiostation and that's the main sports radio in the bay. Better ballpark and actually have fans go to their games.

um the yankees, mariners, angels, rays and red sox i'm guessing this thread is sarcasm though?

If they all stay healthy that rotation could be a killer, yeah.

The Oakland Athletics: pitching, defense and speed.

Small ball is back!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yes, finally the A's got something this off season besides Kouz of course, I didn't like pickup of Coco, I liked Harriston.

Based on last season, Braden will crack the rotation over Mazzaro. But anything can happen in spring training.

I guess Gio will go long relief and no telling where Outman fits in once he's healthy again.

I forgot this thread even existed.

7-man rotation into an 8-man at the ASB

Duke
Sheets
Braden
Anderson
Gio
Cahill
Mazz
... Outman

on basebal2n, karl ravech just said, "we have rookie of the year craig breslow here"

at least the a's got 10m of run on espn, which boston and yankee fan must be heated about right now

**** ESPN. Even though I enjoy coverage of the Lakers, I can't stand them.

I wish another network would grow on the west coast and support us evenly.

Duke
Sheets
Braden
Anderson
Cahill

let Gio, Mazarro, step in when one of them inevitably gets hurt

people sleepin on Dallas Braden, he's solid

Back
Top Bottom