Ocean City, MD

Anybody ever been to Ocean City, MD? Thinking about taking a trip down with some friends. We're looking for some condo or house rentals but they all seem booked or way too much money. Would Ocean City be fun for 21 year olds, or is it too family oriented? Anyone who has been...where did you stay? Thanks

been there plenty of times. its ok for a few days if you just want to hit up the beach and chill.

there is not really much of a party scene (except for some bars, the party block and seacrets). the place is crawling with families and the boardwalk attracts a bunch of wannabe thugs that act stupid at any given times. not the best spot but decent for shorter trips if you can tolerate all that.

There's actually a good amount of people your age...and hot babes. Go visit. A lot of rocks in the water though

it's across the bridge been there a few times , it's a lot of jellyfish and white trash but lots of hot chicks and places to get furred I would go jus for the experience, plus you'll prolly get a bj

I agree with what everyone said above me.
Its fun but for only a few days. There's the boardwalk but you can only walk that thing so many times.
Carnival at the pier sucks too

BUt with all that said it's still pretty fun

Definitely no party scene, but a good beach, great boardwalk, and a lot of good places to eat.

Depending on what the point of the trip is, you could have a great time.

Point of the trip is to get away for a few days (3-4) and hit up the beach. Of course we're looking to have some nightlife fun as well. For those of you have been there, where did you guys stay? I was looking to rent a condo or something, but it looks to be out of the budget.

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

been there plenty of times. its ok for a few days if you just want to hit up the beach and chill.

there is not really much of a party scene (except for some bars, the party block and seacrets). the place is crawling with families and the boardwalk attracts a bunch of wannabe thugs that act stupid at any given times. not the best spot but decent for shorter trips if you can tolerate all that.
i'd agree with this. 
the most fun i had in OC was senior week after i graduated HS, since everyone from all the schools in our county were out there. i can't really imagine it being that great for anyone outside of that demographic

I usually stay around 50th street.  Seacrets is a good spot to chill during the day in the bay.  You can come back later that night as they always have bands and DJ's playing.  I usually stay at Princess Bayside which is right next door.

I went during Memorial Day weekend this year and am most likely going back this July 4th. It was incredibly fun for me and my boys. There were fine girls everywhere and a lot of them were really cool. I checked out Seacrets, Mackey's, some blue place, and Fager's Island. It was MDW, so everything was so packed that you had to get there SUPPPER early (like when the sun was still up) just so you would beat the insane crowds. Lines get dumb long at those places that I mentioned. Anyways, you have to do it at least once.

For those of you have been there, where did you guys stay?
Comfort Inn Gold Coast, at 92nd street. I had a whip so I was able to drive down to the boardwalk, but I only paid $99 a night for a room with two double beds. If your plan is to be out a lot, you can get a decent place for cheap to lay your head at night. I wouldn't spend too much on a hotel down there for you and your boys.

It's a cool place, besides the board walk you can go go-karting, mini golf etc
Bad snow bunnies everywhere
pimp.gif

Too bad you're 21, just over the age limit for club H20, the 18 year olds in there are
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by J A M E S

For those of you have been there, where did you guys stay?
Comfort Inn Gold Coast, at 92nd street. I had a whip so I was able to drive down to the boardwalk, but I only paid $99 a night for a room with two double beds. If your plan is to be out a lot, you can get a decent place for cheap to lay your head at night. I wouldn't spend too much on a hotel down there for you and your boys.

good looks on that. Definitely not gonna be in the room a lot, only to pass out. Thats good to know because every hotel/motel I've seen is around $200/night. I'll look that way. Did you need to drive to the boardwalk, or could you walk if you wanted? 

Staying there, you'd definitely have to drive down the boardwalk, but there's also a bus that runs all day up and down the strip that's only a few bucks for all day riding.

Here's the link to the site I used - it was $99/night because I booked 5 days, but it seems like they're running pretty decent deals per night for less days. The hotel wasn't the most lavish, but it's clean and the staff is friendly.

http://ococean.com/rodney...mfort-inn-gold-coast/850

my summer happy place 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Seacrets, Fagers Island and Mackys are my spots

also gotta go on the cheesy but awesome dark ride Haunted House 
laugh.gif

Also, check out Belly Buster's -- awesome place to eat on the cheap, no crowds.

It's a little shack, but they get that seafood straight off the boat. Ate there like three out of five nights.

http://goo.gl/LaI9t

Originally Posted by J A M E S

Staying there, you'd definitely have to drive down the boardwalk, but there's also a bus that runs all day up and down the strip that's only a few bucks for all day riding.

Here's the link to the site I used - it was $99/night because I booked 5 days, but it seems like they're running pretty decent deals per night for less days. The hotel wasn't the most lavish, but it's clean and the staff is friendly.

http://ococean.com/rodney...mfort-inn-gold-coast/850

Damn, not valid when I was looking to go. Looking for sometime between June 30-July 8 any days in between.

Back
Top Bottom