Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

With that Logic you won't like any of Virgil's work on his released Jordan collabs because they're all recycled colorways.

I only purchased the OW 5s but I'm not a huge fan of the other Jordan's like the AJ 1s he did because they're all hype in my opinion. I remember before the OW Chis released and leak photos were all over the internet, people were bashing them. Then everyone realized how limited they were and the hype train came chugging along and now they're going for $5k.

I made the sweater before the sneakers were ever leaked. After the TDExNike "Damn" hoodies sold out, I figured I'll just have a hoodie with my own name on it.
E914314C-249E-49E6-B358-EA846B3B4B4D-39CCE2CE-B1B9-4BB8-AB00-1A4CC7901B4D.JPG
IMG_6251.JPG

Where can I find a large bro ?

I have them in hand.

To me, they are very feminine. Unless you are in Miami wearing some linen IDK?

These were made for WOMEN so they are meant to be FEMININE esp w that color palette Talk yourself into thinking they aren't though by all means, if you can make them work and enjoy them that's all that matters! Flipping mine towards the breds.

Muslin isn't a feminine color. The Blazers alternate uniforms this year are Muslin. I don't think they're feminine. You wanted an excuse to flip but we all see through it.

Where can I find a large bro ?

A large in the hoodie? Is your name Nolo too? I made a few custom for myself like the yellow in my avatar.

This combo is piff. How were you able to make that hoodie?

Thanks! I definitely needed to look up "piff," haha. I'm a product designer, so I made the vector image, outsourced the patches, bought a few different colored hoodies on wholesale, and sewed it on. I was originally gonna screenprint them, but I love chenille, so I up-leveled the faux-go. {Faux logo}

I just pulled the trigger on StockX for my size 12w/10.5m. Paid $1,305 SMFH ($1,350 after 29.95 processing fee; $13.95 Shipping; and $1.80 Tax) but these will be around 2K by the end of the year easily. I've been following the resell on these since I caught that L on some Raffles and SNKRS app, and they bottomed out at $1,100 in my size. Instead of listening to my gut I listened to all these Shoe-Tubers saying "These will be like the OW5's and drop down to the $700-$900 range" ignoring the fact that there was only 56,000 pairs available worldwide. Once I looked at all the Ask on StockX the prices are only trending up.

**Side Note** Only reason I purchased from StockX and not my usual GOAT is the price was cheaper and I was already pushing my limit on how much i wanted to pay for these. For some reason GOAT wants to charge me $45 tax when StockX only charged me $1.80 tax. Never noticed that but does anybody know why they tax more?

IMG_6912.jpg

IMG_6913.PNG
I hit that glitch tooo lol. Only got charged 1.45 in taxes. 1240 shipped. 💯 Not mad at all either.

A large in the hoodie? Is your name Nolo too? I made a few custom for myself like the yellow in my avatar.

Thanks! I definitely needed to look up "piff," haha. I'm a product designer, so I made the vector image, outsourced the patches, bought a few different colored hoodies on wholesale, and sewed it on. I was originally gonna screenprint them, but I love chenille, so I up-leveled the faux-go. {Faux logo}

That's what's up. Chenille doesn't get enough love.

That's what's up. Chenille doesn't get enough love.
I've loved chenille since the tongue on the Jordan 8s. Unfortunately, I was a kid, and mine had the embroidered logo vs. the chenille on the adult sizes.

The vendor definitely had to go through a few iterations of the patch to get the fidelity of the letters and borders right. Chenille is a bit tough for smaller details and clean lines, but they did a good job.

Seller never shipped so I just pulled the trigger on GOAT for $150 more before price increase more than I want to pay....smh.....actually I didn’t want to pay over $850 but hey 🤷🏾‍♂️
2A79DC9A-9E70-4C06-9357-ED1CC40E86AF.png

This is just my opinion and this of the opinion of someone who’s yet to hold them in hand or even see them in person but when I first saw pics of the shoe and saw they were a “wmns” colorway I immediately thought the concept was based off of a nude color shoe that women wear. It’s a very minimalistic type of color/concept so the theme fits in line with Off-White Nike collabs. Still think it’s a dope shoe but I personally couldn’t pull them off.

I only purchased the OW 5s but I'm not a huge fan of the other Jordan's like the AJ 1s he did because they're all hype in my opinion. I remember before the OW Chis released and leak photos were all over the internet, people were bashing them. Then everyone realized how limited they were and the hype train came chugging along and now they're going for $5k.

To each is own! I think the Jordan 1’s he did were groundbreaking as far as Sneaker Culture and history.
You know you getting old, when you start admiring the kitchen more then the sneakers 🤦. That **** crazy....

Man what! I’m looking at the Marble Island and them floors (I don’t even know what type of material that is but it ain’t regular people ish lls)

You know you getting old, when you start admiring the kitchen more then the sneakers 🤦. That **** crazy....
Hahaha, word. I'm not a fan of marble that's so veiny though. And the bottom of the island not lining up behind him looks like a bad photoshop.

I honestly think everything Off White is pure garbage, from the Jordan Collabs to the clothes and other shoes, but these 4s are the least ugly of his interpretations since they are so minimal. Not special enough for me to lose any sleep over not having though, worth retail and nothing more.

so in this sense, would you categorize any sail/cream/pastel colored kicks “feminine” then?

i’m thinking if you take away this being released as a women’s shoe, your opinion would be different
When it's all sail and cream, yes. It is a feminine shoe, know how I know that, the director of fashion at Louis Vuitton named Virgil chose those colors to make a jordan for women, then it was released early exclusively to women.

So yes, me and Virgil both think these colors are feminine, cuz he chose those colors for a shoe, designed for.....women.

Is this a hard concept to understand?

That said, if you think wearing jordans w/ a palette designed for women looks good on you, then rock them, I see these on feet pics and I think they'd look way better on a woman.

Has nothing to do w my sexuality, more common sense and yalls refusal to let women have a shoe clear as day meant and chosen for women. Nothing wrong w a guy wearing them, do it.

Me, not having unlimited money, will keep these to flip towards them bred ows. Who among us hasn't done that, lol.

In hand, these are ridiculously cool looking though, bad *** shoe, 10/10.

Muslin isn't a feminine color. The Blazers alternate uniforms this year are Muslin. I don't think they're feminine. You wanted an excuse to flip but we all see through it.
you reaching trying to find anything masculine w muslin in it....and what else is on that jersey... Bold, red and black... 🙄

You just made my point dude. It's muslin, cream, w more cream, and more cream cuz it's for women.

You know how I know these shoes are feminine, because the director of Louis Vuitton designed them for women. LMAO!!! And they were released early exclusively for... Women. 🤣😂

But by all means keep arguing with Virgil, the guy who designed the shoes for women, I'm sure your opinion and everyone else in the thread that doesn't think the shoes color palette is feminine is right and Virgil is wrong when he looked at his color wheel to choose shoes he was making for women to wear.

🤣😂

But that doesn't mean that a guy can't wear them and look cool. Men's color palettes are usually bold colors lot of blacks browns blues reds. If you think you can pull off a color palette obviously intentionally designed for women then please do more power to you.

Attachments

• m_5f018b6ce107bb5435bee358.jpeg
    m_5f018b6ce107bb5435bee358.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:
you reaching trying to find anything masculine w muslin in it....and what else is on that jersey... Bold, red and black... 🙄

You just made my point dude. It's muslin, cream, w more cream, and more cream cuz it's for women.

You know how I know these shoes are feminine, because the director of Louis Vuitton designed them for women. LMAO!!! And they were released early exclusively for... Women. 🤣😂

But by all means keep arguing with Virgil, the guy who designed the shoes for women, I'm sure your opinion and everyone else in the thread that doesn't think the shoes color palette is feminine is right and Virgil is wrong when he looked at his color wheel to choose shoes he was making for women to wear.

🤣😂

But that doesn't mean that a guy can't wear them and look cool. Men's color palettes are usually bold colors lot of blacks browns blues reds. If you think you can pull off a color palette obviously intentionally designed for women then please do more power to you.

Type an essay if you want. Cream isn't feminine. You're a latent homosexual who isn't secure enough in his sexuality to wear different colors because you think people will judge you. It's 2020. Live your life.

Back
Top Bottom