Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Yea there was no trashing in that question at all.

To give you a short answer, it’s because he did a great job these designs with Nike. They are different from anything we seen, and you won’t see many people wearing them (which is important for some people). coach js coach js

with all do respect to everyone that likes and wants these shoes, can I please get and explanation of why these are so coveted??

what is virgil's background?
what makes these shoes significant?

no, I dont like them. or any of virgil's designes. but, I also dont understand it. is there some background info I'm not aware of? just curious and want to be more informed. dont worry, I'm not gonna try for any of these. I'll leave them all to those who really want them.

I would also add that off white starting getting hype because Virgil worked closely with Kanye before creating his label. We all know what happens when Kanye is involved.

with all do respect to everyone that likes and wants these shoes, can I please get and explanation of why these are so coveted??

no, I dont like them. or any of virgil's designes. but, I also dont understand it. is there some background info I'm not aware of? just curious and want to be more informed. dont worry, I'm not gonna try for any of these. I'll leave them all to those who really want them.

What is there to understand? Some people like the designs and what he did with them.

thank you for the response. I didn't kno he was affiliated with kanye. that makes sense lol
I would also add that off white starting getting hype because Virgil worked closely with Kanye before creating his label. We all know what happens when Kanye is involved.[/QUOTE
thank you for real responses. I did not kno he had previous involvement with kanye. nuf said right there lol

Last edited:

Nah. Not really much about Virgil. He's a designer that came on with Kanye and has forged his own path. Exceptional story as he is now the head of LV. A major achievement for any designer much more so for a black designer to lead a major fashion house like Louis Vuitton. The shoes themselves are good and I like the non-completed look. I have both pair of the previous releases. They aren't anything special though. If you don't like them then do you. Most of it is just hype and resale or trade bait.

5198D14A-9442-4F24-B78C-D439FC070F74.png

Back
Top Bottom