Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

I really need to stop checking my Nike.com order screen. 😬
Same. I checked my bank account and I saw the charge pending still. I looked again an hour or so ago, and the money came back to me. But nike still says I'm good. So imma just chill. I'm really in no rush....I think

Last edited:
both of you guys are right. It all depends on how you define the shoe.

For the regular user (if we were to be ethical) it would be considered a capital asset/ collectible for tax purposes. We all agree what makes something a collectible is that it carries additional value based on its rarity and its market demand. Essentially, the opinion of other collectors and experts, based on what they are willing to pay for your, determines its value. As of right now our go to tools are stockx, ebay, goat and other sites. I have a pair off whites sell them for going value I should ethically report that as capital gains on my taxes.

Now resellers on the other hand should be treated as a business. They are definetly not selling shoes as a hobby. They are selling shoes for profit. They should treat their shoes as inventory. They should treat their inventory as a depreciating asset. Selling property for more than its depreciated value is technically a capital gain. They should be reporting their capital gains.

This was convoluted keeping this straight. this is the same frustration I want resellers to feel when they brag about having locked 50 pairs of shoes. This will make cats think twice about backdooring shoes. You sold 10 shoes 50 dollars over retail but only reported the retail sale you should be in trouble.
Can I write off the loss for pairs of sneakers I have that did not appreciate?

Screenshot_20200728-175902_Twitter.jpg

So is this officially confirmed or nah?
This will play an major role in how much I'm willing to pay for my size.

U like a week late! We trying to figure out if this is the bred 4 or not
Lol. I guess I'm late posting in here. The colorway seems to indicate that it's not the bred pair since it's the same as the sail pair. But who knows with all the info going around.

Last edited:
Can I write off the loss for pairs of sneakers I have that did not appreciate?
I would consult an accountant in your state for further clarification.
As far as I can find out it depends how you categorize that shoe.

If you consider the shoe to be a collectable the answer is no. For example you get the off whites 4 for 300 and nike floods the market driving the price to 150. And you sold the shoe for a loss, you cant count loss of a collectible on your taxes.

Now if you are a business that is different. If you consider the shoes as capital asset/ inventory for your business then you could report the loss. The amount loss report depends on your business. So if you have 10 pairs of whites for your shoe business the price goes from 800 to 300. You sold the shoes for 300 you could report the loss. Lets be honest resellers are not going to take that hit they will just return it back to the store to get their money back.

Again consult an accountant if you want concrete advice.

These will drop just like everything. I remember dude's was mad I said the 5s would drop to 600s lol sure enough they did. Scooped the double up too. Lol I'll grab these once hype die down.

the 5’s were produced in greater number. Depending on size the bigger ones hover around 1300-1500. Also another round of stimulus money coming through.

Then again with sneakers people are weird I do expect a dip, but it will have to be quick before they send out that 1200 or announce that money is coming.

snkrs pairs should be here around 8/1 to 8/8. Prices should slide then. I hope it works out for you. This whole economic climate changes things a bit.

Last edited:
the 5’s were produced in greater number. Depending on size the bigger ones hover around 1300-1500. Also another round of stimulus money coming through.

Then again with sneakers people are weird I do expect a dip, but it will have to be quick before they send out that 1200 or announce that money is coming.

snkrs pairs should be here around 8/1 to 8/8. Prices should slide then. I hope it works out for you. This whole economic climate changes things a bit.
I thought the 5s were more limited. Only Chicago and a couple footlocker got em. I heard 56k on the 4s and thought it was like 36k on the 5s

I guess the 5s was men's sizing and came in ps and toddler, so probably were more pairs. I still think these 4s will go to around 8 in 10-12w. There will be more pairs available just like the 5s dropped.

Back
Top Bottom