Offical 2008 NFL draft Thread. 12PT/3ET on ESPN/NFLNetwork

Type the phrase "Linebacker U" into Google, and you'll find thousands of articles and Web sites extolling Penn State as the preeminent school for linebackers.

Type that same phrase into Wikipedia, and Penn State's football page immediately appears on your computer screen via the Internet's version of Encyclopedia Britannica.

Come this weekend, though, that entry might need a little editing.

When Tennessee linebacker Jerod Mayo becomes the first Vol taken in Saturday's NFL draft (ESPN, 3 p.m.), he'll be the 11th Tennessee linebacker selected since 1999.

If he goes in the first round as many project, he'll join Al Wilson as the second UT linebacker taken in the first 32 picks...

Since 1999, Tennessee has had more linebackers selected in the NFL draft than any of the 10 schools with the most players picked since 1996. Penn State, meanwhile, has produced five. Only Miami (4), Ohio State (3) and Florida State (2) have produced more first-rounders over the same period.

Ahhh The "New LineBaacker U"

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

STEVE SLATON TO THE JETS.
eek.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Merling ain't a 3-4 guy though.

Jets trading up for Keller.

Giants are gonna take KP to end the 1st round. Gunna, you like KP or Johnson more at safety?

Groves in the second actually makes more sense...they really like guys like Royal and the Hawk in the 3rd...BUT I still have those fingers crossed

I like how in that video montage of Keller, he stutter stepped in the open field, went left and ran right into a defender.

Awesome.

All we need to do at this point is focus on defensive backs.... maybe even the O line, let's see what Jerry Reese does

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

KlJ, Slaton?
That's what my inside sources told me.

Naw, I'm @%%*@%'.

If Jerry trades up in the second and takes Kenny Phillips, I'll personally send him a pretty little stripper from Arkansas.

Little stripper?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom